• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2010 Harvest Classic Trip Reports...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Let's get this started for the 2010 Harvest Classic. Man - what a blast.

This was my second year to attend and I must say, there's enough eye candy there to keep your attention level high. From the Ducati truck with all their new offerings, down to the oldest 1920's motorcycles and scooters, there's just about everything in between.

Woodbutcher led us through some mist and light rain down to Luckenbach, and by the time we arrived, we had mostly sunny skies for the rest of the afternoon. We wandered around spending most of the time split between the various stages of the Trials Bike competition and the motorcycle display area. Tons of cool bikes to oogle after.

Mid-afternoon Rusty's trusty weather radar showed yet another line of impending heavy thunderstorms headed East to Luckenbach, so we gathered up and departed.

Here's a few of my favorite shots. The entire gallery is HERE

About as naked as a BMW can get. Even the wiring harness and switches were fairly well concealed. I think the only stock frame part was the triple tree area of the front fork. The rest was all fabricated.
1060433787_RdK7z-L.jpg

I called this one "Killer"
1060436590_uWtuy-L.jpg

The Trials Bike competition was incredible. I found it amazing what riders can do on these specialty bikes.
1060443074_PBktj-L.jpg

TWT Member Darryl doing his sketching, this time a black Vincent
1060450105_82se9-L.jpg

A highly annodized R1150GS-ADV 1000GS
1060443983_9rviy-L.jpg

I found these Honda SL350 Cafe' Racers to be very interesting. I might could almost build one up if I knew what all had been done to them.
1060444942_ppQMC-L.jpg

What 'cha got to report?

Last edited:
Re: 2010 Harvest Classic - 22 & 23 Oct

What a great rally. Rick it was great to meet you. Todo Moto was there again but I guess were on better behavior than last year if you want to call it that. A little bit of rain towards Saturday evening but it was okay because Ducatis don't melt when like everyone says when they get wet. Had a great time.

The trials event was great!

Why go around a tree when you can go through it?
IMG_0575.jpg

The vintage bikes were great sitting still
IMG_0571.jpg

and even better in action
IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

-ZigZag

CEMOTO! :thumb: Brings back fond days of long ago that I will never be forget...

After driving through severe thunderstroms, the sun shone brightly in Luckenbach this year!
CIMG0281.jpg
CIMG0266.jpg
CIMG0259.jpg
CIMG0257.jpg
CIMG0256.jpg
CIMG0303.jpg
CIMG0293.jpg
CIMG0289.jpg
CIMG0264.jpg
CIMG0260.jpg
CIMG0286.jpg
CIMG0284.jpg
CIMG0285.jpg
CIMG0287.jpg
CIMG0280.jpg
CIMG0298.jpg

Honda Dream 50 RR...

Sure is tiny!

DP can for size reference. My hand is touching the frome of the bike. It's not bad perspective, it's really that tiny. :eek2:

Attachments

• Honda Dream 50 RR.jpg
    Honda Dream 50 RR.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Honda Dream 50 RR a.jpg
    Honda Dream 50 RR a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 289
Sure did see a lot or RED this year!

Attachments

• H Classic 5.jpg
    H Classic 5.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 248
  • H Classic 4.jpg
    H Classic 4.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 261
  • H Classic 3.jpg
    H Classic 3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 249
  • H Classic 2.jpg
    H Classic 2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 241
  • H Classic 1.jpg
    H Classic 1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 247
More Red ...

Attachments

• H Classic 6.jpg
    H Classic 6.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 247
  • H Classic 7.jpg
    H Classic 7.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 261
  • H Classic 8.jpg
    H Classic 8.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 247
Props - 2010 Harvest Classic

Re: 2010 Harvest Classic. Thanks to:

• The good people who organize this event each year to raise money to help those children (and their families) dealing with economic hardships from cancer treatments,
  • All the sponsors and donors who provide prizes for raffles and auctions,
  • The incredible restorers/owners of some of the most beautiful antique, classic and rare motorcycles I've ever seen - for all their hard work, investment and willingness to share their results with the rest of us and for creating the draw for so many of us to come to Luckenbach and participate in this event,
  • The cool, colorful and friendly brotherhood of riders from all over TX and the surrounding states (and even Germany) for creating a fun environment in which to share observations, knowledge and just plain old fashioned BS,
  • Rick Miller for persisting in getting me to attend, for mapping an interesting route down from Dallas, for accommodating all my aches and pains, and for just being a ****** good friend :clap:,
  • Yehaa! Steven for being a superb TourMaster, showing us interesting ways of getting around the area (and keeping us from getting lost), introducing us to great places to eat :eat:, and for leading a scenic, curvy route :rider:back to DFW - what a guy!
  • And finally to the weather forecasters for getting the weather all wrong again this weekend :rofl:.
If you didn't make it down this year, you owe it to yourself to attend next October - even if you drive there - to support a VERY worthy cause AND to have a ***** good time.

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Childhood dream bikes!:sun:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
BMW bikes I liked.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 264
I'm still sorting through my pictures, but wanted to apologize to Bill Kreitz. I found his card on my bike just as we were heading out in the afternoon. The clouds were getting ominous and the temp had dropped a little so we were heading out so we wouldn't have to ride home in the rain like we did on the way in. That's why I didn't call you, Bill.

What 'cha got to report?

Hey, I thought I caught a glimpse of you and Rusty but got distracted by something shiny and lost track of you. I pretty much did a banzai run to visit with Perry Bushong about a sidecar project but here are some quick snapshots from my cell phone of things that grabbed my (limited) attention...

1062260131_vkkuf-M.jpg

1062261564_X8L3L-M.jpg

1062266180_8SS3g-M.jpg

1062267891_GyGwb-M.jpg

1062270769_hstRJ-M.jpg

1062272061_HpQJo-M.jpg

1062273480_6FYVg-M.jpg

My all time favorite!!!!
1062273481_J26aP-M.jpg

I'm still sorting through my pictures, but wanted to apologize to Bill Kreitz. I found his card on my bike just as we were heading out in the afternoon. The clouds were getting ominous and the temp had dropped a little so we were heading out so we wouldn't have to ride home in the rain like we did on the way in. That's why I didn't call you, Bill.

Nobody disses my Uncle Bill! :rofl: LOL. :lol2:

I had a blast at my first Harvest Classic...except for the individual who decided to toot an air horn every hour or so throughout the night, screaming "wake the ***** up!". Then proceeded to put his Harley back on the trailer Sunday at around 7 or 8 AM and rev it while it was on the trailer, to make sure the entire campsite heard him.

I plotted a nice drive from Austin that avoided all the big roads I could muster with Google Maps. Took some nice farm roads to make a mediocre 1.5 hour trip more like 2.5 beautiful hours. Will post pics later today, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there on Saturday to see the classic bikes and it was nice. Next year, I'll test ride a duc if they're in attendance. Based on the description of the campground, I'm glad I didn't camp and there's no way the mrs would even think about camping, esp with 100's of drunken idiots blasting air horns at all hrs of the night?!?

My pics aren't any better than any here already. I'll post a link to them once they're up anyway. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet anyone from TWT. I saw one t-shirt but didn't get to introduce myself. Great rally even after going five times! Horrendous rain between Clovis and Lubbock but the little we got on Saturday wasn't bad at all.

Back