• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2010 Pie Run Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - I have been reading that. It is on the schedule for October - I'll probably see what they say when I call 'em but have an alternate in the back pocket. :ponder:

A couple of brief notes:

A) In the event the run planned for Edom gets re-located, Mosier's at Lake Fork is now Teresa's. Teresa has been there for a decade, so don't expect any changes. A small group of us were there on Labor Day and the pie had been pretty well picked over so I can't tell you whether the quality has changed; I doubt it, though.

B) The Ugly Crust Pies at Adrian were discussed (in glowing terms) in Fred Rau's column in Motorcycle Consumer News this month.

What is the status of the October Pie Run??

Sorry, I have been thinking about this and have probably taken the easy way out - 2 locations this month. When I saw Mark in Elgin, he commented that he thought the Shed was having a bad day. We have visited them every year since the Pie Runs started and they have always done well in my opinion. The thread is here.

However, I'll be starting an alternate location thread for those that would not come if it was at The Shed.

Sorry, I have been thinking about this and have probably taken the easy way out - 2 locations this month. When I saw Mark in Elgin, he commented that he thought the Shed was having a bad day. We have visited them every year since the Pie Runs started and they have always done well in my opinion. The thread is here.

However, I'll be starting an alternate location thread for those that would not come if it was at The Shed.

Linda and I had lunch at the Shed on Friday. There were about 10 bikes and lots of cars there. Both our lunches were real good and the Blackberry Cobbler with Ice Cream was awesome. YMMV

This place across the street from the Shed also had a bunch of cars in the parking lot but wasn't as busy as the Shed.

http://www.edombakery.com/

Any thoughts for next year? I, as usual, nominate the Last Saturday in January Always fish fry and dessert auction in Deutschberg. Desserts including pie are served as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back