• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Ninja 1000

JMod45

Reaction score
I am selling my 2011 Candy Fire Red Ninja 1000.
Bike has about 32,500 miles.
Engine has about 4,000 miles.
Asking $4000 O.B.O.
Bike is located in College Station

Update: Transmission went out on the bike. Instead of trying to repair an old engine, I bought a 2012 engine with 4,000 miles on it.
Bike runs great with the new engine. I have been riding it around a little to ensure that is stays running great as well.

I'm willing to hear reasonable offers. I have one too many bikes in the garage at the moment, and just got my wife a bigger car :doh:, so I need the room.

In excellent condition, always garage kept. Clean Texas title in hand.
-Color matched hard bags from Kawasaki.
-Fender Eliminator, that works with bags
-Mirrors upgraded to 2014 Ninja 1000
-Dark Double bubble windscreen
-Corbin Seat, and rear seat cover (seat is worn out, comes with stock seat, almost brand new)
-Vance & Hines exhaust
-K&N Air filter
-Power Commander V with switch for changing between maps on the fly
-ECU has been re-flashed by Ivan's Performance. (http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/2010z1000.htm)
-Block Off plate kit, also from Ivan

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at J_Mod45@yahoo.com

th_IMAG1694_zps5cfiiuon.jpg

th_IMAG1693_zpsgyrngca2.jpg

th_IMAG1692_zpsoix5kqt9.jpg

th_IMAG1691_zpsgwboixtq.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures I had were already on my phone. I took a couple more this morning, I have the saddlebags and supports removed for the moment, so you can see how it looks without them.

th_IMAG1082_zpsr7x6vf7p.jpg

th_IMAG1081_zpsq2ln17l8.jpg

Odometer as of this morning

th_IMAG1083_zpsh00nga1b.jpg

Another picture I had that I forgot to post yesterday.

th_Untitled-1%20copy_zpscjs11hzk.jpg

Good bike with all the good mods at a good price. I haven't done the Ivan's on mine but I've seen the difference it makes on the dyno charts. GLWS.

And for anyone who wants this bike, I have a Penske 8983 rear shock for it, brand new -in-box.

Sorry to piggy-back your ad. Couldn't resist.:mrgreen:

Well, started having transmission problems yesterday, so if someone is interested in it as is, let me know, maybe we can work something out. I'm going to see about fixing the problem on my own, but its gonna take some time and effort.

Well, started having transmission problems yesterday, so if someone is interested in it as is, let me know, maybe we can work something out. I'm going to see about fixing the problem on my own, but its gonna take some time and effort.

What's wrong? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

4th gear doesn't engage. Feels like all the teeth are stripped when I give it any gas, all other gears work fine. Its probably a scynchronizer or something similar. I wouldn't know what exactly needs to be replaced until I opened it up, which means pulling the engine, and splitting the case. Probably not a lot of $$ in parts, but its going to take a lot of time.

I replaced the engine on the bike. It is now driven by a 2012 engine with 28,000 LESS miles than the frame has. (Had 4,000 when installed)
Engine runs great, and bike is still in great shape. Would make a great touring bike.

Also of benefit on the 2012 engine is a slightly taller 6th gear for more relaxed rpms at 75 mph. I think it's 500 lower.

Back