• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 7 - 10, 2011

I am going on this one no matter what. Saving my pennies now for the trip.

Money for TAR sent in and room reserved at the joint with the FREE BREAKFAST:eat:

Two more from West Texas will be there! Reservations made, now to send in the registration.

My name is Jack Dickey I would like to go to the Hill Country ride and wanted to know if anyone wanted someone to split the cost of a room.I am 52 and easy to get along with and I dont snore.Let me know by reply or call me 903-539-0818. Thanks Jack

CHECK IN THE MAIL LOOKING FORWARD TO OFF ROAD RIDING IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 10 YEARS SINCE ON THE DIRT. jACK

Richard.............what do the shirts look like?

Great question. Unfortunately, I don't know. I pay a graphics designer to come up with a design and it's not done yet for this year's ride.

Great question. Unfortunately, I don't know. I pay a graphics designer to come up with a design and it's not done yet for this year's ride.

Nothing like this.............I hope! :eek2:
345dcuh.jpg

Ok I'm in... send registration fees I'm about an hour away from Junction but if some one wants to share a room let me know I have never heard my self snoring promise
I wouldn't mind riding at night

Ok I'm in... send registration fees I'm about an hour away from Junction but if some one wants to share a room let me know I have never heard my self snoring promise
I wouldn't mind riding at night

Never mind i found a room at the western

this is my very first post. I got a 05 650GS from Lone Star in november. I have been using it every day since for my daily work commute. I have been itching to get out and do some adventure riding. Is this event considered newbie friendly?

I did my first DS ride with this group last year in Fredericksburg, I also had a 2005 BMW F650GS, the bike performed well and the group was the nicest bunch of people and yes I was a newbie. There are usually 30-70 DS bikes which are divided in groups of 5-10 ranging from novice to KTM guys, just find a group with your similar type of bike and riding style and you will do fine. Make sure you make it early the first day; this is the day they divide up into groups.
Wish I could go, but no vacation left.

If there are enough of us newbies out there it will be great if you can lead a group. Otherwise I am sure I can find a few in my skill level I can ride with.

I haven't ride off road in more than 25 yeras so that makes me a rookie too
So I'm with you elbuelito just got me a KLR named VAGA and I'm getting to know her I will try to do some category 1 & 2 roads practice between now and April 7 also interested in watching that DVD please get me in line Richard
I will send you a pm elabuelito

Reservations at the Best Western made and registration sent. See ya'll in a few weeks :rider:

trey

Did a nic DP ride from S.Saba to Mason and then down to the infamous James River crossing yesterday. Did not attempt to cross after Octobers little incident and recovery. Godd lead up to the TAR next month.

Back