• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 7 - 10, 2011

Will be a good ride Trey, see you there.

Do you want me to bring the stock tank for your DRZ if I take my truck?

Hey Calvin - I thought of that, but I'm riding over so I don't know how I'd get it home on the dizzer...

The stock tank is plastic, right? If nothing else, I'll ride down one day soon and strap it to the Bandit -- it has a big luggage rack.

trey

Yes it is plastic, and I might be riding the KLR instead of trucking. It's 100 miles by truck and 200 by KLR, hmmm, might have to ride the KLR.

Hey Calvin - I thought of that, but I'm riding over so I don't know how I'd get it home on the dizzer...

The stock tank is plastic, right? If nothing else, I'll ride down one day soon and strap it to the Bandit -- it has a big luggage rack.

trey

I have a room at the Roadway Inn next door to Best Western.It has 2 beds 49.95 a night.you would be welcomed no problem if you want to room with someone you know.Jack

I have a room at the Roadway Inn next door to Best Western.It has 2 beds 49.95 a night.you would be welcomed no problem if you want to room with someone you know.Jack

I'll be your roomie 25.00 sounds good to me .

Campsite reservation made at South Llano S.P. just south of Junction. They still have sites available.
Will send in registration next week to Richard.

I am hoping to give the DVD back this weekend. Hope you are next in line. Anyone riding on Thursday midday from Austin that is interested riding in a group?

I haven't ride off road in more than 25 yeras so that makes me a rookie too
So I'm with you elbuelito just got me a KLR named VAGA and I'm getting to know her I will try to do some category 1 & 2 roads practice between now and April 7 also interested in watching that DVD please get me in line Richard
I will send you a pm elabuelito

I am hoping to give the DVD back this weekend. Hope you are next in line. Anyone riding on Thursday midday from Austin that is interested riding in a group?

Hope so, I send a pm to Coolhand to ask... Want to see your bike off road,:clap: I wanted to get me one like yours but I got the KLR the best two...;-)

Im glade to see I am not the only one who has not been on the dirt in a while. We might should ride together. Mchappy took me on an adventure ride sunday around Avinger Tx. he said would be rated at 2.5 except for the sand which almost put me on the ground he said would be a 3.I was behind 1 rider and am now going to check out dust masks that yard care people use.Got tired of grit in my gum. See yall

Here's some picture's i found from 2010 TAR ride.
TAR  Ride 2010 001.jpg

TAR  Ride 2010 002.jpg

TAR  Ride 2010 003.jpg

TAR  Ride 2010 004.jpg

TAR  Ride 2010 005.jpg

Still learing how to post picture's...can you tell? Im in for 2011,will be traveling with Multisurface Rider / Vancealot & other TWT'S :patriot:

Hello everyone. I plan on being there and am excited to go. Looking for the slow sight=seeing group that likes to stop a lot, take pictures and kick tires. Let me know if you are interested in a group such as this. I am booked at the HQ's accommodations. PM me for contact information. I am arriving around noonish Thursday.

Make that arrival time closer to 2PM.

I will be interested in making one day a sight seeing day.I plan on bringing a kayak and get on the river thursday afternoon. Jack

Back