• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 7 - 10, 2011

No one interested on riding on Thursday midday? If not, how about a spot on a truck or trailer?

Does anyone have GPS routes of the TAR? If I recall, they're not provided electronically before hand. Would like to have routes on the GPS before rolling out.

Does anyone have GPS routes of the TAR? If I recall, they're not provided electronically before hand. Would like to have routes on the GPS before rolling out.

Hi, webnel.

The GPS routes are included with the purchase of the ride guide. I haven't made them public as I think they are one of the significant benefits that go along with the purchase of the ride guide.

Last edited:
Can I attend the GPS class Saturday,,
or do you have to be a registered for the ride???
Thanks
Mike

Can I attend the GPS class Saturday,,
or do you have to be a registered for the ride???
Thanks
Mike

Hi, Mike.

I request that all riders coming to Junction that weekend for the rally to please register for the rally.

The classes on Friday night are open to anyone who wants to attend.

Rich

Oh, my bad. Thought it was on paper only.

Hi, webnel.

The GPS routes are included with the purchase of the ride guide. I haven't made them public as I think they are one of the significant benefits that go along with the purchase of the ride guide.

Hi, Mike.

I request that all riders coming to Junction that weekend for the rally to please register for the rally.

The classes on Friday night are open to anyone who wants to attend.

Rich

Well I will be working on a hunting cabin of my brothers and will not be able to ride with any of the rides, I will get out and ride a little with my two brothers, but not on any rides, The cabin sets right in the middle of Hwy 336
and 335, So we just got to ride a little, ha,
The GPS class just seemed like a cool thing, and It just so happens we will be down at the land on this weekend,, sorry for the ramble....
Mike

I just joined TWT and I am interested in the April 7th ride. I am an experienced rider with a 2011 KTM 530 exc that gets around 70 miles to a tank of gas. Is my gas tank limitation going to be a problem? Is there still time to join this ride?

Thanks,
TxTed
Katy Tx,

1992 Yamaha WR500
2011 KTM 530 EXC

Early registration end tomorrow, so you still have time. Otherwise you can register at the event.

As far as fuel range, you will be okay. You just need to tank up when you get the opportunity and double check the routes you pick. Most I think you will be fine.

Still not sure if I get to ride or not. Most likely a morning of decision as I'll be out of town until just before the ride. Hopefully I can find a room then.:giveup:

Reata,
There is usually a group of slower riders, led by at least one very experienced Lead Dog. Don't be shy about joining in- you won't be alone. Not everyone wants to travel at warp speed on two wheels!:rider:

I'll be RV'ing out at the state park. Wife's bringing her kayak and I'll be on and off the routes. Drop by the park and say howdy if you're in the neighborhood. See y'all on the trail! :rider:

Anybody interested in splitting a tent site at Morgan Shady. I stayed there a couple weeks age. They are right in town on the river banks. Hot shower and quiet.

Traielering from Dallas, leaving out around 9am THursday if anyone is ineterested in sharing in fuel costs.

Trail Boss - Just recieved my Hill Country Adventure ride guide.....WOW! this is the best book in my collection of Texas hillcountry riding, very impressive :thumb:

I am pulling my bike from Longview will be leaving late the 16th or early the 17th if anyone wants to help with gas you are welcomed. jack

Hummm, sounds like a blast. Consider myself a n00b and need the experience! Anyone riding their bike up on Thursday from the Clear Lake/Galveston area? I am planning on leaving around noon and would love company for the ride.:rider:

FTL - I will be towing on Thursday from the west side city limits of Houston (I-10 and Barker Cypress - almost Katy area). You are welcome to meet up since I am along the way. I will have spare room in my truck if needed. It is not quite the same as having a riding buddy; but having a buddy behind you with a truck is better than not having a riding buddy at all.

I expect that the trip to Junction will take close to three hours. I was planning on taking I10, but there are many back road routes if you want to avoid I10 traffic. Also, along the way in Luling there is a great little barbeque place that was rated number 1 in Texas by Texas Monthly.

Ted

Ted, expect a longer than 3 hour trip from west H to Junction. I live just east of San Marcos, and it is a 3 hour drive from here (and 2 hrs east to Katy...). I'm about 25 mins north of Luling. City Market is BBQ joint in Luling.

Just confirmed that I will be able to make it...

It will be a late registration Fri morning.

Any folks riding to Junction from Austin on Friday in the morning?

Maybe 5 hours to Junction from HOU and that's if you take the 1604 bypass around SA.:doh:

FTL - I will be towing on Thursday from the west side city limits of Houston (I-10 and Barker Cypress - almost Katy area). You are welcome to meet up since I am along the way. I will have spare room in my truck if needed. It is not quite the same as having a riding buddy; but having a buddy behind you with a truck is better than not having a riding buddy at all.

I expect that the trip to Junction will take close to three hours. I was planning on taking I10, but there are many back road routes if you want to avoid I10 traffic. Also, along the way in Luling there is a great little barbeque place that was rated number 1 in Texas by Texas Monthly.

Ted

Thanks Ted! I might take you up on the offer, but I was hoping to ride back roads. I need to do some research on the best way to get there......Not sure if I will be able to pass up on the Luling BBQ :eat:

Reata,
There is usually a group of slower riders, led by at least one very experienced Lead Dog. Don't be shy about joining in- you won't be alone. Not everyone wants to travel at warp speed on two wheels!:rider:

Great news!! Thanks, I will be looking for them.

Back