• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 7 - 10, 2011

RICHARD
RIDE #2 WESTERN LOOP IS LIKE 2009'S RIDE BOOK RIDE # 3 "BUMP GATE UNIVERSITY???? LOVED THAT RIDE AND WANT TO TAKE MY BUDDIES ON THE "BUMP GATE RIDE" THIS YEAR .FIRST TIME TO JUNCTION FOR THE FOUR OF THEM. :rider: LARY

I just paid! Wahoo! This is my first organized ride and I am so looking forward to it! :rider:

Great news!! Thanks, I will be looking for them.

Reata- I am right there with you! Looking forward to meeting everyone in two weeks!

I suspect it is best to wait at this point. Richard had the 21st listed as the last day for early registration. I think he is out on the road for a few days so I'd just wait. There isn't a limit on registrations so you don't have to worry about it filling up. Just send him a PM or email anyway then get hotel reservations. We'll see you out there.

I should be doing the rider's meeting the first morning. Richard will take over the show after that.

I'll be hanging around the check in area so if you have GPS/route/map questions, I'll be happy to help out.

Yeah, looks like it exceeded bandwidth. I just so happen to have Richard on speed dial so I left him a message. Keep checking it, it will be back this evening I bet.

Is it too late to pay entry fee or do I need to wait till Thursday?

You are welcome to pay the entry fee now via paypal even though early registration has closed. If you pay now I'll add you to the attendance list and you will be in line to get one of the extra t-shirts.

I'm out of town with limited access to email/computer/web. Will be back home on Sunday and will catch up on all late registrations, questions, emails, etc then.

RUSTY "TAR" site not working

Rusty is right - bandwidth was exceeded. I just upgraded the account with my hosting service and the site will be back up as soon as they process my payment.

My apologies to all for the inconvenience.

RICHARD
RIDE #2 WESTERN LOOP IS LIKE 2009'S RIDE BOOK RIDE # 3 "BUMP GATE UNIVERSITY???? LOVED THAT RIDE AND WANT TO TAKE MY BUDDIES ON THE "BUMP GATE RIDE" THIS YEAR .FIRST TIME TO JUNCTION FOR THE FOUR OF THEM. :rider: LARY

Yes. The southern half of the Western Loop includes some of the same roads as the Bump Gate University route, including the one with all the bump gates and the one with all the water crossings.

Richard
I think you need to put some gas in the GPS web site also. Could not get on to download routes. per ride guide web address

Richard
I think you need to put some gas in the GPS web site also. Could not get on to download routes. per ride guide web address

Add ".htm" to the end of the url in the guide and it will work.

My web hosting service moved my web site to a new server and, for whatever reason, the .htm has to be added to the end of the url in order for the page to display. I haven't yet figured out how to change it back. My apologies for any inconvenience.

I have a paypal account that I dont know how to us.. We have a room at Rodeway Inn for Thursday night Hopefully I can pay and sign up then. cant wait!!!

Ride Planning..

Hello folks,

I still have my book from 2008 and based on that naming convention, I would like to do Ride 3 and Ride 10.

R3: In 08, gates were loacked so we could not ride the Cedar Creek rd and had to ride down on tarmac to Bracketville to Laguna to Barksdale to get to Hackberry rd.

I would love to ride Cedar Creek this year, any takers for that route for Friday?

Question/Comment: from 674, it took us a few attempts to find the Cedar Creek rd. Both the atlas page and Garmin are showing the trail-head incorrectly, google maps has the correct one. Any suggestions how to spot the trail-head correctly?

Also, on Saturday, I am planning to do both of the Kimble County loops, any one interested?

Due to the locked gates on Cedar Creek, that route has been modified to no go there. The current version has you head south from Rocksprings on hwy 55 to CR310. You end up hitting Cedar Creek road and turning left towards Barksdale and you are back on the old route 3. The SW section of Cedar Creek still needs to be avoided. If my memory is correct, it was finally established that there was a section that was private road...or close enough that it wasn't worth creating a fuss about it.

No reason to stir up any ill will towards us when we ride out there.

not signed up yet, I'm pretty far away near Nacogdoches. Are there very many DR650 Riders that go to this? and are there still any rooms available at Best Western?

The current head count is 65.

Usually there is a mix of all bike models at the rally, including the DR650.

I haven't called to confirm but based on the number of rooms they blocked for us there are likely rooms available at the Best Western or next door at the Rodeway Inn.

not signed up yet, I'm pretty far away near Nacogdoches. Are there very many DR650 Riders that go to this? and are there still any rooms available at Best Western?

Highly likely I'll be on my DR650. It was the bike I rode there last year too. Over the years I've used it, a DRZ400 and a Honda Transalp.

My 2 sons and I are going. We are from Houston. Any other riders from Houston? Darrell Comeaux

If I understood her correctly, Roadway Inn only has one room left (or at least only one non-smoking room). Their website shows them booked. I am a KLR rider so of course I went with the cheaper one. :-P

Flipper, welcome to TWT. Riding with your sons will be a kick.

I wonder how the James River is this year? :trust:
642047607_doaro-M.jpg

The funny thing is, that could be the James River or James' River and both would be appropriate in this case...

eastexrex - Go to page four & scroll down to post# 68, check out the blue DR at the bottom photo, that's the bike they were teaching "how to ride wheelie's" on. :rofl: click on it and check it out :rider:

Funny guy Mossrider, funny guy!! :lol2:

I'll have you know it was a mesquite thorn and the fancy slime didn't even pretend to work on the resulting hole. Unlike some of the other DRs on that trip, mine never took a dirt nap. Got plenty dirty, but no dirt naps ;-)

507225889_3Nrdc-M.jpg

Back