• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 7 - 10, 2011

Coolhand - I took a short h2o nap in 2009 @ the JAMES RIVER CROSSING, allway's cross in the deep end! :thumb:

Confirmed for Friday & Saturday. The Days Inn site says full on the ride dates, so booked at the Sun Valley. They seem to have plenty of rooms if anyone is still looking.

Joel, Scott, and probably Gary if we can talk him into it.

I know I have put this here before. Does anyone want to ride from Austin on Thursday? Or, does anyone have a spot on a truck or trailer?

Confirmed for Friday & Saturday. The Days Inn site says full on the ride dates, so booked at the Sun Valley.

For anyone interested, yesterday I spoke with the Best Western (our ride HQ) and they still had rooms available. I think rooms are still available at the Rodeway Inn, but I didn't call them to confirm.

I know I have put this here before. Does anyone want to ride from Austin on Thursday? Or, does anyone have a spot on a truck or trailer?

I'm riding out from Temple on Thursday morning, trying to get to Cooper's in Llano by lunchtime. We could meet up on 29 somewhere if you like.

Ross

I'm riding out from Temple on Thursday morning, trying to get to Cooper's in Llano by lunchtime. We could meet up on 29 somewhere if you like.

Ross

We can meet at coopers for lunch. I was planning on going to llano for lunch anyway. 12-12:30? Or earlier?

Traielering from Dallas, leaving out around 9am THursday if anyone is ineterested in sharing in fuel costs.

My offer still stands for any interested Dallasites!! PM me for the cellular device.

Re: Ride Planning..

We rode Cedar Creek from 674 to 55 in January of this year. No locked gates but a note on one gate indicated it would be, no timetable though.

Here is the route we did, it has the turn off of 674, and 55.

I tried to attached is the gpx file but it has already been attcahed to this thread. At the bottom of page 1.

R3: In 08, gates were loacked so we could not ride the Cedar Creek rd and had to ride down on tarmac to Bracketville to Laguna to Barksdale to get to Hackberry rd.

I would love to ride Cedar Creek this year, any takers for that route for Friday?

Question/Comment: from 674, it took us a few attempts to find the Cedar Creek rd. Both the atlas page and Garmin are showing the trail-head incorrectly, google maps has the correct one. Any suggestions how to spot the trail-head correctly?

Just a note for those planning on attending my GPS class, bring your gps with you. And a laptop if you can (and power for both if you need that too). I'm going to try and do some interactive routing exercises. If you are riding out and don't want to haul a laptop, don't worry about it, but just wanted to give you a heads up that it would be useful.

The funny thing is, that could be the James River or James' River and both would be appropriate in this case...

DSC_0332.jpg

XRs are too tall to put out riggers

I am out as well canceling my room at Roadway later today.

I am sure you will all have a blast.

Any passage from US83 to 187???

Hello all,

Is this a good crossing route from 83 to 187? If not, is there a way?

HWY83_to_187.jpg

Re: Any passage from US83 to 187???

John,

I don't believe Cypress Creek Rd is a public road all the way across from 83 to 187, but I haven't personally tried it.

Rich

Hello all,

HWY83_to_187.jpg

Hello all,

My Garmin City Navigator maps say no. Google Maps say yes (looks like what you used), Google maps aerial doesn't convince me that it goes through. My Roads of Texas atlas says no.

The only way to know for sure is to go check it out. Or is someone else here has tried it. Were you thinking of that for the ride out? Or on one of the days?

My garmin maps show the north branch of Cypress Creek ranch road as going through, but Roads of Texas doesn't.

I'll bet the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum could tell you... looks like they're right by the exit to 187.

I've had Google lead me astray down those types of roads, unfortunately... and man that looks like a good one.

Hello all,

HWY83_to_187.jpg

This route is not public and there aren't any public dirt roads linking 187 & 83.

West Sabinal road, which heads west out of Utopia, is a fun dirt road, but it loops up to 337 rather than intersecting into 83.

Just cancelled my reservation at the Bestwestern since I'm satying at roadway it was for a smoking one queen bed room 1st floor
See y'll there
Raul

Back