• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 BMW F800R 7K mi $4400

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
I have never sold a bike here since I have been a member but hey, there is always a first time? I'll link the CL ad but bottom line is I just don't like the ride. I was looking for another naked bike to compliment the V4 VFR in the garage and I feel like I am riding a dirt bike on the F800R. Gets a bit too vibey for me at 5K. Looking for a R1200R, a CB1000R, or a FZ8 as a replacement. It has some nice add ons. Pricing is well below KBB retail. In fact it is $400 more than KBB trade in which was surprising that I could not make a deal at either Powersports Hurst or BMW Plano that both had a used bike I was looking at and trying to trade in the F800R

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/d/fort-worth-2012-bmw-f800r/6792979616.html

First saw it on Craigslist. I thought the same thing. Lot of bike for the money. GLWS.

Well, DFW Honda offered an acceptable deal. I was gonna go look at a 17 Monster 797 at Dream Machines and was reasonably sure we could work a deal after speaking to them on the phone. I stopped off at Eurosport because of a traffic jam detour to see if they had one I could test ride. They didn't but he talked about how great thehis 14 Stripple was after I told him I was unimpressed with the 09 I had briefly. Hmm, DFW Honda had a 13 with very low miles on it and a couple add ons. I went and test rode it and it just seemed very different than my 09 - smoother, quieter (I had the off road OEM pipes on it), and the 2013 pipe sits lower. I liked the ride enough that I bought it.

Well, DFW Honda offered an acceptable deal. I was gonna go look at a 17 Monster 797 at Dream Machines and was reasonably sure we could work a deal after speaking to them on the phone. I stopped off at Eurosport because of a traffic jam detour to see if they had one I could test ride. They didn't but he talked about how great thehis 14 Stripple was after I told him I was unimpressed with the 09 I had briefly. Hmm, DFW Honda had a 13 with very low miles on it and a couple add ons. I went and test rode it and it just seemed very different than my 09 - smoother, quieter (I had the off road OEM pipes on it), and the 2013 pipe sits lower. I liked the ride enough that I bought it.

Congratulations, but I can’t say I’m not disappointed. I’m probably about a month out from making a purchase and was kind of hoping your bike would still be around when the time comes.

Back