• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be there on the Wing next month, Feb 15th - 19th. Do you have a recommendation for purchasing and installing a rear tire (180/60R16) in the Phoenix area? Pie would be good too! League City to Phoenix 1238 miles, 18.4 hours. I am thinking I will stop overnight on the way though, but may be not ... hmmmm.

Josiah did my last install on a C/T. I think it was the first one he had ever done. He is a certified BMW wrench that opened his own shop about a year ago but he's done oil changes on my Wing as well as the C/T.. Young guy but has a strong following and a good reputation here in Phx.
http://www.dirtballcustoms.com/

As far as purchasing a tire, no suggestions. I'm going to order my replacement C/T from Discount Tire. It will be another Pirelli Eufori RF.

We had breakfast at Lucy's Mom's Cafe in Aubrey, good breakfast, you go to the counter, place your order than they bring the plate to you.

They didn't know we were coming, talked to Steve Murray (original owners of Lucy's in Celina) as he was in the dinning room checking with customers, he knows now.

What time do you guys meet up for the Pie Runs, noon?

Most start at 11:00 so we can beat the greedy people. :mrgreen: Some start at noon for various reasons. Each month's announcement includes the specifics.

Hello all TWT riders! This is Steve and Krys Murray of Lucys Moms on Main
in Aubrey. We had a lot of fun with you all in Celina, and are exicted to be a part of the pie run again!
Do you know what time you will be coming? and how many? We want to have the pies out of the oven in time!
See you on the 28th!
Steve and Krys
940-202-4940

Hello all TWT riders! This is Steve and Krys Murray of Lucys Moms on Main
in Aubrey. We had a lot of fun with you all in Celina, and are exicted to be a part of the pie run again!
Do you know what time you will be coming? and how many? We want to have the pies out of the oven in time!
See you on the 28th!
Steve and Krys
940-202-4940

11:00 is the time, but sign up goes on all month. about 80-100 is pretty average. You can track it here:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68367

More food -- last time I was there in July it was 108 degrees.

I stopped in Pie Town and ate on Oct 2nd as part of a trip thru NM, CO, UT and AZ. It was 40F and raining! REALLY needed pie and coffee that day.

Will probably do a similar run in late spring before the road through the Panhandle and NM turns to a gooey, hot, sticky mess. July is for making sure the tops of the Rockies are still there, not slogging around in the desert.:lol2:

Will try to get over to Ray Roberts to tell some lies..... ummmmmm.... bench racing tales if I can get free.

XC!!! Fix that darned Suzy 850 and get up here. No excuses!

The carb bodies are seperated from me, and partially disassembled. :-D

In other words, there's good progress! The only question will be if I can get them back together and tuned without a big problem. :rider:

The carb bodies are seperated from me, and partially disassembled. :-D

In other words, there's good progress! The only question will be if I can get them back together and tuned without a big problem. :rider:

I have faith that your consummate skills will triumph. (did I just say that?) But, darn, I am gonna be too old to talk you out of a 'memory trip ride' on that sucker by the time you get finished.:rider:

I stopped in Pie Town and ate on Oct 2nd as part of a trip thru NM, CO, UT and AZ. It was 40F and raining! REALLY needed pie and coffee that day.

Will probably do a similar run in late spring before the road through the Panhandle and NM turns to a gooey, hot, sticky mess. July is for making sure the tops of the Rockies are still there, not slogging around in the desert.:lol2:

Will try to get over to Ray Roberts to tell some lies..... ummmmmm.... bench racing tales if I can get free.

XC!!! Fix that darned Suzy 850 and get up here. No excuses!

yep been researching weather patterns and June looks better for two reasons.

cooler and June 18th marks the Bicentennial of the war of 1812.

so now I just have to find someone from England to ride with to Pie Town for peace pie! :mrgreen:

I have faith that your consummate skills will triumph. (did I just say that?) But, darn, I am gonna be too old to talk you out of a 'memory trip ride' on that sucker by the time you get finished.:rider:

You kidding? It will be a trip down memory lane for ME by the time it gets finished! :lol2:

404369_3205983228418_1231274507_3364471_1185038338_n.jpg

Haha, the work clouds parted and the great Gods of the weekend smiled sweetly upon me & my machine.

In other words...

Count me in for pie in Hico!

I'm just unreasonably optimistic in general. It's nice in my little world. ;-)

I don't see how anyone with a TARDIS truckDuc could be pessimistic. :lol2:

OK, Pie Run this Weekend and I've managed to shift my schedule around to make it to this one.

Since it's fairly close I'll probably ride the Ducati. The one with the wood seat.

Weatherman says it should be around 32 degrees in the morning so make sure your electric gloves are working good.

I do believe I'll have to make it to the one this month - but only because it's in the twisty fun Medina, and not the stone's throw from Mexico (and even further away than my ranch) Medina.

Medina, eh? I may be able to drag out a bunch of ruffians I work with. Mostly because it's only about 50 miles from Culebra and 1604. :-P

I'm gonna do my very best to attend this month's Medina run as my first pie run.

5 hours on a 250 for pie! BRING IT ON! :rider:

I must be getting old! 5 hours and 300 miles on a 250 dirt bike does not sound like fun.
Especially when you consider it also 5 hours and 300 miles back too!

10 hours and 600 miles? When I was younger, sure!

But I do like pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back