• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Florida "Texas Adventure Rider " is on the road. Two easy days of pulling the trailer (1100 miles) Now in New Braunfels - checking out the German Heritage. Went to Gruene Hall last night. Learned it is pronounced GREEN. This makes no since to me- I grew up in a German family and it would be spoken as GRU NE. I Liked the music-- but have know Idea how to dance like that. (Texas 2 step) Great beer at the Faust Hotel. See you guys on Thursday Night.

hey Cotton....hab ich dann jemanden zum quatschen? :-P

Sorry Yardracer,
I was born in 1951 . My parents did not want me to have a accent- they went out of their way to NOT teach me German or speak it in front of me.
The only German I know is "Eine Bier Bitte"

Sorry Yardracer,
I was born in 1951 . My parents did not want me to have a accent- they went out of their way to NOT teach me German or speak it in front of me.
The only German I know is "Eine Bier Bitte"

LOL sounds like my daughter.....IS German.....doesn't speak it..........

Austin to Junction

I'm planning on riding from Austin to Junction on Thursday for the rally. I've got a fun route planned that consists of twisty backroads and some fun dirt roads, with one or two easy water crossings thrown in for good measure. Any and all are invited to join me.

Meet Thursday morning, 8:30 am, at the Sac-n-Pac at 125 North FM 1626, Buda. Stands up at 9 am.

The route is 163 miles and should take us about about 6 hours to get to Junction. Bring water and some snacks to munch on - we won't eat lunch until we get to Junction.

With any luck I will be there .

Hey Taco, I couldn't get the Langtry link to work, but I was just there in mid March. The Pandale road dumps you right there (IIRC). You can go into the bar and see where judge bean held court. BUT, the state of Texas owns it and its inside a fenced inclosure. Hours I think are 8:00 to 5:00. I got there at 5:30 and missed it. Its nice if you're into that sort of thing (I am). They have a visitor center and cactus garden too. Had to come back a few days later to catch it. Don't miss the dirt roads into town and down the hill a little ways to some historical markers.

DSC_0349.jpg

almost ready to go...

GGGrrrr... my Zumo 550 touchscreen is acting up! :eek2:

Definitely gonna have to find a slower group to ride with!
:doh:

Hey Riders.

I deleted the posts containing the routes from the hill country ride guide. I'm of the opinion that the routes in the ride guide are part of the ride guide and are an important benefit of buying the ride guide. Therefore I would prefer for the routes to not be publicly posted.

Hey Riders.

I deleted the posts containing the routes from the hill country ride guide. I'm of the opinion that the routes in the ride guide are part of the ride guide and are an important benefit of buying the ride guide. Therefore I would prefer for the routes to not be publicly posted.

100% agree with you on that! You created the rides, you wrote the book, you paid to publish the book, you make the rules.......not to mention all of those silly federal copyright laws.

:eek2:

100% agree with you on that! You created the rides, you wrote the book, you paid to publish the book, you make the rules.......not to mention all of those silly federal copyright laws.

:eek2:

I suggest doing what I did. Ordered two of them. Gave one to a friend and kept the other for me. They make great presents. Need to order a couple more for spares.

Hey Riders.

I didn't realize he had copied those routes from your book.

Hey Riders.

+++++1. A lot of work goes into creating any routes/tracks. Everyone needs to pay a little. :giveup:

A coworker and I are in for the TAC. Thanks for the heads up on camping at the fairgrounds in Junction. I think we'll try Lake Amistad in Del Rio for Friday, I've squatted there several times on the way to Big Bend.

I'm thinking hard about doing TAR. But have to work Thursday. Might not arrive in Junction until Thursday night wee hours if driving fast. What is a good cheap motel still available?

I'm thinking hard about doing TAR. But have to work Thursday. Might not arrive in Junction until Thursday night wee hours if driving fast. What is a good cheap motel still available?

On the 11th I booked a room at the Days Inn in Junction. Ask for the TAR/TAC rate, of $65.00. I checked their website and they are showing availability for a room with 2 double beds for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night . Good luck.

Hey guys! I signed up for the TAC back in mid December and it looks like it’s shortly upon us. I have my mc all packed and ready to roll out of Tampa tomorrow morning. I hope it doesn't come back that clean. It'll take me two days to cover the 1,300 miles over to Junction and then I'll have a day to cool off at the Best Western from the long ride and kick around before the TAC starts Friday.

Definitely looking forward to meeting and riding with ya’ll!
VroomVroom.jpg

2085.jpg

I think I see rain in the forecast for Friday.
thrain.jpg

Austin to Junction

I'm planning on riding from Austin to Junction on Thursday for the rally. I've got a fun route planned that consists of twisty backroads and some fun dirt roads, with one or two easy water crossings thrown in for good measure. Any and all are invited to join me.

Meet Thursday morning, 8:30 am, at the Sac-n-Pac at 125 North FM 1626, Buda. Stands up at 9 am.

The route is 163 miles and should take us about about 6 hours to get to Junction. Bring water and some snacks to munch on - we won't eat lunch until we get to Junction.

I think I'll join you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back