• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DR is loaded the car is packed and I"m leaving tomorrow heading to Boerne to spend a couple of days with the grandchildren. Will see ya"ll Thursday in Junction. Can't wait to meet everyone and ride the TAC.

I've started getting my stuff together, too.......man........since we're trailering......I have a ton of crap!!!!!:eek2: For the Roll the Bones last October I managed to make it with just a back pack........not this time..........:loco:

I've started getting my stuff together, too.......man........since we're trailering......I have a ton of crap!!!!!:

I've experienced the same thing - the amount of stuff simply expands to fit the available space.

Anyone going to be up there Wed night? 2 of us will be out riding on Thursday one of the routes Richard has provided and we would love company. The more the merrier! :rider:

Ernie

Getting geared up to, and having fun doing it.

I'm planning on leaving Austin right after lunch at Billy's, and I'm taking this route, or something close to it. Looks like a fairly direct route, but also fairly twisty and I can't promise it's all paved (though it might be).

Anyone wanting to join me is more than welcome, and improvements to the route will also happily be accepted, though I don't think I want to add too many more miles or minutes/hours to jaunt out there.

Cheers, Jeff

Hey YardRacer. I see in your other post you ride a 200cc. Me too. XR200. Know any other lowly 200 rider for the TAR?

My boss still hasn't granted my vacation request yet. Not a good sign. But if I get it, I'm doing the late registration TAR.

Hi all,

Newbie here without a bike picture. Let the ribbing begin. See y'all in Junction and I can't hardly wait. 4 Of us will be leaving Dublin at 13:00 on Thursday.

I will try to work on my profile stuff later:trust:

Hey YardRacer. I see in your other post you ride a 200cc. Me too. XR200. Know any other lowly 200 rider for the TAR?

My boss still hasn't granted my vacation request yet. Not a good sign. But if I get it, I'm doing the late registration TAR.

Would you like me to call your boss....?????? Have to say....mine is better trained :lol2: He just says "yes, dear" :rider:

And we're NOT lowly.....I'm hauling down the road at the speed of light....which on a good day is 45 :rofl::rofl:

And I'm NOT giving up my snail status:mrgreen:

I really hope you can make it!!!!!!!!!!

Richard.....I said I would be in Buda at 8:30 Thurs. Cant wait that long. Decided to leave Wed. morning. Hope to meet you in Junction

Three hours into my 5 hour trip to Austin. With any luck I may pick up a hot little plaything to bring with me to Junction!

Three hours into my 5 hour trip to Austin. With any luck I may pick up a hot little plaything to bring with me to Junction!

Wait! I was talking about a plaything with two wheels (KTM) not the other type of plaything with two legs.:doh:

I saw a post a while back stating that we could camp at the fairgrounds.

It anyone familiar with the facilities, . Bathroom, shower, etc?

Also, I would prefer to use my hammock. Is there a treed are to sting a hammock?

Who else is camping there?

Wait! I was talking about a plaything with two wheels (KTM) not the other type of plaything with two legs.:doh:

I saw a post a while back stating that we could camp at the fairgrounds.

Who else is camping there?

We're going to try. If not, we'll try somewhere else. No clue on amenities, never been there, but I wouldn't plan on there being anything but a grass field.

I camped at the KOA. Its alot better than most. Sites next to the river and close to everything. Lots of large trees for hammocks. I think shower too:eek2:.

I'm in (+1). Late register . Joining JT as the stragglers . No man left behind.

Update on Junction North Llano River RV Park (AKA: KOA Junction)

Tent camping: $24 per night per site. 2 people per site - at this time there are sites available (Primitive, no water or electric)

HAMMOCKS ARE PROHIBITED! :-(

I have a call into Junction CofC to get more information about facilities at fairground for camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back