• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 of us are leaving Hobbs New Mexico heading down to ride the TAC tommorro at noon. Its our first organized duel sport ride so we really dont know what to expect, but sounds like fun. We are also going to camp at the Fairgrounds. Bringing 2 KLRs and 1 DR650. See yall there.

Putting out an APB for a clutch cable for a '06 KLR 650..I have one that should be here tonight,if not I'm gonna need one!!
If you have a spare I'll buy it from you...thanks!
No dealer in the state has one!!

Hey Tardy. When you say we. How many is we?

Just my coworker and I. We're going to try and leave San Marcos around 4 tomorrow.

We're not opposed to paying for camping, although free is nice. I definitely don't mind making it up as we go.

Putting out an APB for a clutch cable for a '06 KLR 650..I have one that should be here tonight,if not I'm gonna need one!!
If you have a spare I'll buy it from you...thanks!
No dealer in the state has one!!

I have a spare clutch cable packed in my bike. I will be in Junction tomorrow afternoon. You can use it and send me one when you get it.

Did God send you Don? :clap:

Thank you for your kind offer..I knew I could count on you guys!!
I'll be arriving close to 6pm tomorrow and camping at the Morgan Shady Park..if you'd like to PM me your number I'll call when I get settled and maybe we could meet at the Best Western for registration?

There still is a slight chance I might have mine when I get to the house this evening..?

Thanks again...see you there!!

Just a heads up for the ladies men.:trust:

WOMEN GONE WILD! Junction, TX
Saturday, April 21st.
Hey Ladies – It’s time again for our
Annual Outdoor Women Gone WILD in Kimble County!
Join us on Saturday, April 21st, for a fun day of new experiences, friendship, and fun—JUST FOR WOMEN!
Learn to kayak, fly fish, back a trailer, drive a wagon, the basics of football, try Zumba or Self Defense!
Paint a gourd birdhouse or make a darling bird feeder from real leaves! Be as active as you want! Try something
New! Join us for a fun day – JUST FOR WOMEN!!! For more info, call Connie or Teresa 325/446-3190

FWIW...if staying at the South Llano state park...a whole lot of stuff is prohibited. They are part of a huge wildlife management area that has hunters each fall. They have lots of park rangers to manage the hunters. When it's not hunting season they have oodles of rangers driving around with nothing to do but harass the campers. I've been there...won't go back. YMMV...

Good afternoon all,

I'll be riding to Junction from Austin on Friday early a.m.

Any others that will do the same??? Let's ride together.

Can email me at john_kalyoncuoglu@dell.com

Anybody ridding bikes with less than 650cc on the TAC? I have a WR250R I would like to break-in. Otherwise I'll bring my heavy Vee Strom. I do want to cross the james river, but my Vee is hydrophobic. Sold my KLR a couple of weeks ago. It could do it all.

Looking to share a room in Del Rio with somebody . Don,t want to have to pitch a tent each night. Don,t snore and no sexual hangups LOL!!! I'll be too tired to cause any truoble.

Iceman Jack and I will probably not get out of Austin till about 5:30 tomorrow, Junction by 8:30-9. I'll try to help anyone load routes or tracks for TAC tomorrow night or early Friday morning. Jack Vinny and I will leave last and ride sweep.
This is going to be good. :flip:
JT

Anybody ridding bikes with less than 650cc on the TAC? I have a WR250R I would like to break-in. Otherwise I'll bring my heavy Vee Strom. I do want to cross the james river, but my Vee is hydrophobic. Sold my KLR a couple of weeks ago. It could do it all.

Im riding a DRZ400

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...yep, almost ready to break into song, but I'm leaving in a RV not a jet plane. Should be there between 6pm and 7pm.

Oh, and I'll have a computer and can help with route loading until JT is there and ready to take over.

It's time. 3 KLR riding the dirt to Junction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The adventure begins. I packed up my 690, went to fill it up with gas and it wouldn't start.... Messed with it half the day with no luck so said screw it and jumped on the Vstrom! Half way there now.

The adventure begins. I packed up my 690, went to fill it up with gas and it wouldn't start.... Messed with it half the day with no luck so said screw it and jumped on the Vstrom! Half way there now.

Well, you made it. What time is that meeting tomorrow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back