• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-dk9KPCb-M.jpg

:mrgreen::rofl:

Who will be camping:trust: and where:help: I hope to be camping but not too sure of the weather yet. I am holding a motel room but would rather be out with nature. :sun:

Hey Lee~ I just got off the phone with Laverne at Morgan Shady Park, 325 446-2071. Looks like we have most (2/3 of the nine sites) of the tent sites taken for the weekend. I went ahead and reserved "F". Lavern is allowing up to 8 people per site. She may be discounting further, but she quoted $25 to me today. I'd be glad to share F as a "No Snore Zone" and we will all get off cheaper, splitting the fees.

MorganSiteMap.pdf

I believe she said H, L, and M are still available. There is no "I" these days.
Hth. ~Jeff

Hey Lee~ I just got off the phone with Laverne at Morgan Shady Park, 325 446-2071. Looks like we have most (2/3 of the nine sites) of the tent sites taken for the weekend. I went ahead and reserved "F". Lavern is allowing up to 8 people per site. She may be discounting further, but she quoted $25 to me today. I'd be glad to share F as a "No Snore Zone" and we will all get off cheaper, splitting the fees.

MorganSiteMap.pdf

I believe she said H, L, and M are still available. There is no "I" these days.
Hth. ~Jeff

"No Snore" works for me. I'm also a non-smoker if that counts. Is there room to add another tent or so?:sleep::coffee:

"No Snore" works for me. I'm also a non-smoker if that counts. Is there room to add another tent or so?:sleep::coffee:

You are absolutely welcome to join our group at Campsite F, TCat! Looks like four of us altogether - Tim, John, you, and yours truly! That should be about enough guys. Now, any leggy single gals looking for a spot to throw down? ~Jeff ;-)

I really wanted to go to this. But I will be out of town, on 4 wheels, not two.

Rich puts on the best events! They are so fun and relaxing.

I dont think its too much to say that one of these rides, with all of you fellow mellow TWT riders, could even help World Peace. "You meet the nicest people on a Honda", and that's true for a BMW, Suzuki, Yammie, KTM, and Husky's, etc. If I had my way, I would recommend that the Palestians and Jewish leaders all get DS bikes and go on one of these rides. Even camp together. How could they not become friends? Instant world peace.

It would be great if Pres Obama bring his whole Cabinet and staff on DS bikes for a brief weekend getaway. It could be a good team-building event. I'll bet the White House budget could afford it. I'd be cool to see all the Secret Service on bikes, too.

Oh well, it may never happen...this may just be wishful thinking....

Anyway, thanks to Rich for his work and planning. I sure wish I could go....

Calvin, camping may be your only option, I have tried to get a room for Saturday night and it isn't happening:doh: Seems we are not the only bunch in town, so if someone here cancels, or needs somebody to share a room, give me a holler. :help: I'll bring beer:chug:

Calvin, camping may be your only option, I have tried to get a room for Saturday night and it isn't happening:doh: Seems we are not the only bunch in town, so if someone here cancels, or needs somebody to share a room, give me a holler. :help: I'll bring beer:chug:

As long and it is not raining, I'm cool with camping.:rider:

Very new to forum. I have an XT350 1987 that I would love to do either the TAC or TAR. But I do not have a way down there, and I do not want to take the bike the whole -- maybe someone else is bringing a trailer and could stop off in Waco and pick me up (i am right off 35) I would pony up my share of the gas money. Also, the next time you guys do a Big Bend trip I would love to be in - I would find a way to get my bike to Austin to join up with you guys. I am a new rider (other than dirt when I was a kiddo and street now). Send me an email or text me 214-717-7736.

Very new to forum. I have an XT350 1987 that I would love to do either the TAC or TAR. But I do not have a way down there, and I do not want to take the bike the whole -- maybe someone else is bringing a trailer and could stop off in Waco and pick me up (i am right off 35) I would pony up my share of the gas money. Also, the next time you guys do a Big Bend trip I would love to be in - I would find a way to get my bike to Austin to join up with you guys. I am a new rider (other than dirt when I was a kiddo and street now). Send me an email or text me 214-717-7736.

Please read my post from earlier... I wont have room in the truck, but there is an open slot on the trailer!

Thanks - I appreciate your offer, I will wait to register for it until I make sure I have a ride. I could follow you down there in my Honda accord, but I would like to ride with a group to get to know everyone during the trip down...being the newbie....that way I feel part of a group, but I will take what I can get :). Also, do you know if my XT350 is too small for the trip? Its kick start only, other than that I love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back