• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Uncle's Around the Bend rally: Mar 1-4, 2012, Terlingua, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a good trail lunch. I was getting worried when Zegat's didn't have any rated restaurants in Terlingua.

Welcome to ZAGAT.com!

ZAGAT.com, the world's original provider of user-generated content, provides trusted and accurate restaurant ratings and curated restaurant reviews for thousands of top restaurants worldwide. Our robust restaurant search and rich free features help diners easily find the best restaurant for every occasion, every time – from New York to Los Angeles, London to Tokyo, Paris to Beijing and everywhere in between; from the most elegant restaurants for fine dining to casual, inexpensive spots for family meals, you'll find it all on ZAGAT.com.

Choose your city to find the best restaurants

Sorry, we couldn't find any restaurants in Terlingua, tx..To improve your search results try the following:
•Make sure all words are spelled correctly
•Try more general keywords
:eat:

At Starlight Theatre this week:

Monday - 2/27 - Jobuk Johnson plays - 2-4-1 Burgers all night long!
Tuesday - 2/28 - Uh Clem
Wednesday - 2/29 - The Whitmores
Thursday - 3/1 - Ted Arbogast
Friday - 3/2 - The Jigglewatts Burlesque Review from Austin - $15 cover starts @ 9:00 pm
Saturday - 3/3 - The Fireman's Ball with the Craig Carter Band - $10 cover
Sunday brunch from 11-2 pm every Sunday!

Forecast looks good . . .

4ff034bc-1.jpg

I'll be picking up my living quarter tomorrow on my way. Should be there late tomorrow night. But ready to ride Thursday.

Prep For Deep West Texas

Filming locations included Big Bend National Park, Marfa area, and Piedras Negras

The best lines from "No Country For Old Men"

All the packing is done and I am ready for a 6am launch. I only hope I can sleep. Good luck and safe riding to all!:rider:

tent check
sleeping bag check
flip flops check
clothes check
meds check
cameras check
bike fluids check
tire pressures check
I think I'm ready!
Will be camping tomorrow night, maybe I'll have cell signal and upload a video, or two on G+

Per Richard "Ride hard, take unnecessary chances, safety third!"

Oh and Richard, I don't see that motto on the new website!

All the packing is done and I am ready for a 6am launch. I only hope I can sleep. Good luck and safe riding to all!:rider:

+1, Hope to get the DFW interstate system behind me before rush hour. I'm looking at spending the first night in Marathon or Fort Stockton, maybe hit Marfa & the river road Thursday, maybe sleep in...

Re: Prep For Deep West Texas

Filming locations included Big Bend National Park, Marfa area, and Piedras Negras

The best lines from "No Country For Old Men"

Not trying to high-jack the thread but this is a great flick that takes place in the Big Bend Region.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CFEQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DI3k1iBYa5Z4&ei=6p1NT_HYGarHsQLLw8EW&usg=AFQjCNE9-KUiaRUtvFRPfdUh9yhK7Y5Dew

Phillip, it sounds like we will be in the same place tomorrow night. I PM'd you my cell phone. Give me a call if you want to meet up. I will be connected to my phone when I am riding as long as I am in cell coverage. Ride safe.

The above shot reminded me of one I took last year from the top of the big hill - one of my favorite shots. Who is this?

1207010766_kZFbN-L.jpg

Loaded... Leaving tomorrow afternoon and arriving Thursday noon.

d0fb8278-1.jpg

I need a little help. One of the boxes of stuff for the rally is being delivered to my house this afternoon and the best I can tell it will get there several hours after I have departed for Big Bend. I'm hoping somebody's schedule will allow them to swing by my house this afternoon or tomorrow morning to get that box and bring it to Terlingua with you. Any takers?

Now THAT is clever.... ramps stored in the side stake pockets of the trailer. Which trailer is that?

It's a Harbor Freight, Heritage edition, was owned by JT...
The stakes are placed on the side of the ramps for loading / unloading and have served well as a safety measure...

Riders,

The El Dorado just had one room come open for Friday and Saturday night. Single room with 1 queen bed. If you want it, call the motel and puts dibs on it.

Picture from RobertK. He's already been there a couple of days.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 302
:tab By the way, I will be bringing some TWT T-shirts. If you want one, I am staying at the Chisos Mining Co Motel (over by where Kathy's used to be). Catch me in the evenings while we hang out in the parking lot. Will be there Thursday evening and leaving Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back