• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD 2012 XR650L - $5000 NOW 4500

Kilroy

Reaction score
This beauty was picked up from a fellow inmate about a year ago. It's a delight every time I ride it, and with the current sprocket setup (15 front - 40 back) it's delightful on the highway, and a quick swap to a 13 in the front and it's great on dirt too. I'm moving overseas at the end of July for a six-month stint, so I'd prefer to leave my house without motorcycles in it, but if it don't work out I'll store it at a buddy's house.

Mods are as follows:
Fritzco 15-tooth front sprocket (prevents premature countershaft wear), and a 40-tooth for the rear. Also comes with a 45 if you want it. Chain is brand new as of today.
19K miles
FCR carb installed 2019
K&N air filter
Full FMF stainless steel exhaust, Powerbomb/Powercore4, 2019
4.7 gallon Clarke gas tank
PSR lowering link, 2019
IMS foot pegs
Skid plate
Probend hand guards
Small taillight kit
New Motion Pro clutch cable installed Aug. 2020
New tires front and rear, Shinko 244's, installed Oct. 2020 Tubliss system on rear tire
Rear brake pads installed by previous owner
2019 Honda Service Manual, not Haynes or Clymers
2 keys Original parts (original carb, suspension link, extra handguards, etc) included with sale

I haven't beat it up much, nothing more than the north loop at Hidden Falls. Located in North Austin and I work from home.

PXL_20210710_182428473.jpg

WOW!!! Your bike looks great. It is a beauty. I love my 650 L. It is the one bike I never thought about selling. It is good to have an air cooled in the stable. These are very reliable bikes, light and flickable. I have the same Clarke tank and can do nearly 200 between fill ups.
Someone is going to get a fantastic rigged out bike.

WOW!!! Your bike looks great. It is a beauty. I love my 650 L. It is the one bike I never thought about selling. It is good to have an air cooled in the stable. These are very reliable bikes, light and flickable. I have the same Clarke tank and can do nearly 200 between fill ups.
Someone is going to get a fantastic rigged out bike.
You had me until the "light and flickable". :thumb:

Weighs a lot less than it's competitors. The KLR or the V Stroms I have had both XR 650 L. 346 pounds. V Stroms 650 470 pounds. KLR 650 460 pounds.
Dr650 is 366 pounds. ( I like) That's stock weight and this bike with performance exhaust and desmoged will weigh less.
I can Cruze at 70 and kick it up to 90 if needed and topped mine out at 96mph laying on tank.
Anyway good luck with sale. :) Oh and don't forget the 11 1/2 inch suspension travel they have.

Last edited:
Having picked up a DR650 and a KLR before, I sure like the weight of the XR. It handles anything that I can!

Did a long ride yesterday morning, always surprised at how highway-capable it is. If someone had an extra set of wheels with street tires this thing would go 90 easily.

Great bike. I've had three different XR400R's (with motard set up as well) and always wanted one of these with a motard set up. Wish I was in the market now.

Good luck with the sale!

Staton

Its a 2012. Its not a XR650r, where I think he got confused, obviously not knowing bikes that well. I don't think his offer is totally "stupid". He's just hunting for a good deal, given the forthcoming recession and discounted that inevitably will occur. He can simply move on to something else closer to his budget once you say no.

Is there a heat guard available for that header? Do you have the oem parts, tank, exhaust etc?

That looks like the FMF "power bomb" header. Decent pipe. Not sure about heat guards but I burnt my plastic pants on one on my XR650R a long time ago. Wear tighter clothing or don't lean in to warm up in Utah in April.

I've got all the original parts, save for the exhaust. The old owner might still have it, if you're interested.

Back