• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 East Texas 500.... The muddiest one yet!

Looks like it may have been a little damp and possibly soggy in spots? :lol2:

Silverbullet, you get a 6.2 as there were points taken off for the dismount and landing. :clap:

What a bunch of girlies, a little bit of rain and it all goes to pot!! Good job you guys don't live in Seattle, we seem to have that kind of rain all year round!! :-P
Seriously it sounded like a pretty wet weekend, I was actually glad I didn't join you after I saw all the pictures of the mud and downed riders!! :trust:

Hopefully the weather will be better for the next ET and I will be able to join.. Take care, clean the bikes and plan for the next one..

I can't believe how well Silver Bullet did, that was some nice riding, glad to see he wasn't hurt..

Gary

Last edited:
:rofl: That was the textbook get-off for everyone, except for maybe Hancock, he somehow wound up doing a 180 and was pointed in the opposite direction. :clap: 1st you'd start drifting, then you'd instinctively begin correcting yet nothing would happen, then the front wheel would start plowing in, then it would grab about 1sec before or after you expected it to, then PLOP, it'd dump you in the mud. :doh: Zero control and completely unpredictable. One word comes to mind for anyone who didn't go down in that mess; Luck.

Huh? So is it official, are y'all finally coming home to Texas? :sun:

I can dream.. I agreed to 4 years (with my employer in Seattle) so it's still 2 more years before we move back, but I keep hoping!! We are enjoying it here, but I miss all you bums in Texas!! I have never made such good friends before and miss riding and chatting with you all.. :giveup:

Gary

Hey everyone, hang tight on reposting anything for awhile. Just talked to Travis and we're gonna ask a moderator to move all posts starting at maybe #511 from the other thread over to this one.

Hey everyone, hang tight on reposting anything for awhile. Just talked to Travis and we're gonna ask a moderator to move all posts starting at maybe #511 from the other thread over to this one.

Done.

There are some duplicate posts though since people posted the same thing here and in the other thread. I am at work and don't really have time to sift through them and remove the duplicates.

[ame="http://youtu.be/UexwZMBhS4U"]Woody's mule team at 5x speed - YouTube[/ame]

It was to be expected, you can't suppress video like that. I think that is the first ever spill for me caught on video. Looks like it all could have been avoided if I hadn't dabbed my dang foot. I know better but first time I've had that heavy Strom in a slide so all lessons learned in the dirt were forgotten. Believe or not, not a single piece of damage to the bike and nothing temporarily tweaked either. Amazing considering I was in 3rd gear, was slowing down but probably still 20-25mph. I saw the photos of the KLR dropped at 10 mph and all kinds of damage.

_

[ame="http://youtu.be/5Gye5KKtRz8"]Electrified on 2565 - YouTube[/ame]

Re: September 20-22 2013 East TX 500 early planning stages....

...After checking the radar on my phone and seeing nothing but red and yellow bands of rain as far as the eye could see, I decided to put it to a vote. 12 riders started the ride from Livingston. Five wanted to press on. The no's took it and we all slabbed it back for 47 miles vial 256 and 190...

Honorable Judge Iron Spade as allowable by the court under Rule R. 1:8-2(c) I respectfully request to poll the voting of these 12 unbiased jurors (riders). Or just tell us the 5 that wanted to continue the ride so the other 7 can remain anonymous. hahaha

_

[ame="http://youtu.be/TJ8HgLTaiEc"]Fighting my way back down 2565 - YouTube[/ame]

"My6 made it too, although he was the first to go and basically just didn't slow down, but the rest of us stayed together as a group and helped each other out".

No Sir, I did NOT slow down one bit! I could tell that what we were riding in was some good old fashioned tire-grabbing Gorilla snot. Being the son of a master plumber, and having dug way too many ditches for a good part of my young life... I know dirt. Having raced in all kind of conditions, I knew better than to slow down or stop until I was completely through the stuff. I kept the gas on and the front end light and made it. When I was through it, I stopped and realized that Travis was not behind me (for as far as I could see). I killed my scoot and listened. No sound of engines. I tried to start my scoot and it did not comply with my wishes. Then I found out that I was not completely through the 'snot'. I pushed my bike about fifty yards in 5 to 6 foot sections at a time and had to clean the tires after each section. Oh, and like ya'll it was raining on me the whole time, too. Too much fun! If I could have gotten my bike to start again, I was heading back to anyone who got stuck and needed help. But my bike wouldn't start again, until Travis found me and got it running with his ‘younger’ legs. :clap: Guys, I've been riding a long time and I've never left a fellow rider behind. Sometimes you have to get past the situation first, before you can offer aid to someone still in the middle of it...and that's what I was trying to do.

Yeah, you da man.

Oh wait, what is that I see at about 1:30? Sunshine? :brainsnap You're telling me y'all got to ride that crap in the sunshine?
Ahem, well now pardon me but, WHOOPTY DOOPTY DOO! :whatever: ........... :nana:

OK, you know I kidding. :rofl: Good job getting through. :thumb:

...SUNSHINE..:sun:

WE didn't see any SUNSHINE.....

all we got was :storm::storm::storm:

....good job getting through the muck....JOEL...:clap:

........:rider:........

Re: September 20-22 2013 East TX 500 early planning stages....

Honorable Judge Iron Spade as allowable by the court under Rule R. 1:8-2(c) I respectfully request to poll the voting of these 12 unbiased jurors (riders). Or just tell us the 5 that wanted to continue the ride so the other 7 can remain anonymous. hahaha

_

I was not unbiased. My clutch was gone. I nursed it back to Livingston, with the group. Probably should have left it and caught a ride. Especially after pulling it down, and seeing all the clutch material and debris that was in the oil.

Looks like quite an adventure - sorry I missed out.

It has been 25 years or more since I had a bike so clogged up with mud that it would not go.

Back