• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 KTM 990 Baja

Reaction score
Regretfully selling my recently purchased 2013 KTM 990 Baja.

Brand new condition, 200 miles. All the Baja extras: tankbag, duffle, rear rack, engine gaurds, aux lights, supersprox sprocket, 908s stock, new TKC installed, rally pro grips, and all manuals and briefcase.

First service free by dealer.

Decided to hang on to the 1200GS, well for today. Might change my mind.........

I'm not wanting to sell and don't have to right away so I am firm at $12,999.

Attachments

• 2014-01-10 10.34.55.jpg
    2014-01-10 10.34.55.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Too many bikes and not enough money or time. :) I almost bought one of these new, what do you like and dislike about this bike. Does it make your hands go numb?

I love this bike!

I bought it since the gs1200 makes my hands go numb.

I can ride the 990 all day, no problems.

I will keep it if our land deal we are working on doesn't pan out. But with 3 bike payments, the big one has to go.

Thanks for asking! Carolyn

I love this bike!

I bought it since the gs1200 makes my hands go numb.

I will keep it if our land deal we are working on doesn't pan out. But with 3 bike payments, the big one has to go.

Thanks for asking! Carolyn

You'll regret it as soon as it sells. This wouldn't be the one I'd sell if I were you, fits you all to well............just saying ! ! !

Silly question, but in the first post you say it has 200 miles on it. I didn't know how my Tenere would be on an "all day long" trip until I clicked over 700 on the first day of a two week trip. How can you tell if it will be comfortable all day with only 200 total miles on it?

At any rate, it is a pretty bike and you shouldn't have any problems getting her sold.

Silly question, but in the first post you say it has 200 miles on it. I didn't know how my Tenere would be on an "all day long" trip until I clicked over 700 on the first day of a two week trip. How can you tell if it will be comfortable all day with only 200 total miles on it?

At any rate, it is a pretty bike and you shouldn't have any problems getting her sold.

She can't and will likely regret this sale...trust me she has heard this from all of us locals and her hubby:doh: She needs to ride til it hurts and then sale the one that hurts the least:trust:

This is her second KTM. The first one a 950 had mechanical issues, so she sold it to buy a new one. Trust me when I say the girl rides.:trust:

I had a 950 previously that I rode 600+ mile days. This is the same feel of bike just a different color. Very comfortable bike to me.
Its about to get some long mile days racked on. If I keep it through the first service it might have to stay. Was thinking low mileage, new bike would be more desirable than a few thousand for someone.

+1 on the KTM Adventure comfort. I ride a R1150RT and a F800GS (both with aftermarket comfort seats), and have to get off every 120 miles or so for a rest/stretch (I'm a wimp, I know). I had a 2006 KTM 950S last year and could ride it till it needed gas with absolutely no discomfort...It helps that you're smiling every second riding this hooligan bike:rider: I regret selling the 950:doh:

990 Adventure all day comfort... yes! Unfortunately, it will leave you with a silly grin on your face... GLWS, I bet you'll miss it.

I had a 950 previously that I rode 600+ mile days. This is the same feel of bike just a different color. Very comfortable bike to me.
Its about to get some long mile days racked on. If I keep it through the first service it might have to stay. Was thinking low mileage, new bike would be more desirable than a few thousand for someone.
:thumb:

Well heck, then why keep the GS if this one is more comfy to ride? It certainly does look way better than pretty much any GS I've ever seen.:-) No offense to your GS of course, but the KTM really does look sweet!

Well heck, then why keep the GS if this one is more comfy to ride? It certainly does look way better than pretty much any GS I've ever seen.:-) No offense to your GS of course, but the KTM really does look sweet!

That's what I keep telling her, sell the BMW ! ! ! I thnk the KTM fits her better too, but hey, it ain't my bike or my decision. :lol2:

Well, you want to know why? The GS is the logical choice for maitenance and dealer support across the US. It has 4 grand worth of extras, and frankly other than that I just couldn't tell you.
Yes, the KTM rocks, but they are finicky and will need a few farkles to be perfect. It fits me perfect and I do get lots of great comments from folks when I ride up! The KTM can be a love-hate relationship.
Neither one has sold yet, still on the fence, like I said, might just keep both! Ughhhhhhhh, I can't ever decide! Heck, I own two of the most awesome bikes ever made, pretty cool if you ask me. Andy doesn't think its as neat as I do. **** honey, its only money!:lol2:

Carolyn, you said that you have two of the best bikes made, actually you have three with a KLR 650 in your stable.

John

Beautiful!! This is on my short list... Between this and a tiger 800 and ducati hyperstrada. Alas I must pay off at least one of the new little dirt scoots first...so says the bank :(
If this bike is still available when that happens, you will be getting a call from me.
Did I mention that is a great looking bike?!
Dang wife and her new dirtbike....

Back