• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
ok here it is! with 7-1/2 new locations! (not counting the bonus)

Jan 26th: Koffee Kup, Hico (it all started here)

Feb. 23rd: catfish Haven, Whitesboro (no Kurt, too far for a goldwing to go LOL)

Mar 30th: Peabody's, Goldthwaite

April 27th: Hinze's BBQ, Wharton

May 25th: 7th street restaurant, Cushing ( starting point for bonus pie run, might be a bit on the small size)

June 29th: Blue Bonnet Cafe, Marble Falls ( old destination that has remodeled and expanded with a group room now and dedicated motorcycle parking. so it is kind of new)

July 27th: Tony's Family restaurant, sealy

Aug. 31st: Walburg german Restaurant, Walburg

Sep. 28th: Goodson's Cafe, Tomball

Oct. 26th: Sam's Restaurant, Fairfield

Nov. 23rd: Caroline's country cafe, Midlothian

Dec. 28th: Mooshead Cafe, Crockett ( she is having a big banner made and Mayor proclamation of TWTEX day, so we kinda have to go back or have a bounty on my head)

BONUS PIE!! May 27th to whenere we get tired of curves and hills Lynn's Place restaurant, Robbinsville, North carolina

Google map of the locations courtesy of jfink map of destinations thanks Joe!!

Last edited:
O'boy, bonus pie could take a week or more.. It would be ok if I trailer there??

Wait a minute. :wary: May 27 is on a Monday. What's the deal? :wary:

because the departure date is from a official TWT event on a saturday and the bonus destination is over 800 miles from there and I doubt anyone here can cover that distance going through the Talimena scenic drive :rider: in one day. the bonus destination is on a monday.

Looks good Leon, '12 I did not make one sorry to say, plan on hitting some of these.

because the departure date is from a official TWT event on a saturday and the bonus destination is over 800 miles from there and I doubt anyone here can cover that distance going through the Talimena scenic drive :rider: in one day. the bonus destination is on a monday.

I get it now. It's not an extra pie run. It's an extended pie run. :rider: I'll have to try and get some time off for this. Is the Talinena scenic route a street or dual sport ride?

On the long distance run will everyone be camping? Is there a close by area or park? Or Focus Frenzy is this one you normally do the motel/hotel thing? Have you been there before FF? Drew

It about time! :nana:

Lots of new locations if I can remember to set my alarm clock one Saturday a month.:thumb:

Bonus Run can have camping. Leon likes hotels but if there are enough of us I will camping some. Last years it was easer to share rooms.

iPhone Tapatalk

On the long distance run will everyone be camping? Is there a close by area or park? Or Focus Frenzy is this one you normally do the motel/hotel thing? Have you been there before FF? Drew

I was thinking about this place http://www.thesimplelifecampground.com/ nice and close to all the action and Robbinsville.

I have never done the dragon, sort of a bucket list thing like Pie Town NM was last year, and riding to the top of Pikes Peak.

Talimena scenic drive was more of a joke as it runs between northwest Arkansas and Oklahoma and while reported to be a good ride it would definatly be going out of the way on a route from Cushing to Robbinsville.

probably pack along my camping gear.

I get it now. It's not an extra pie run. It's an extended pie run. :rider: I'll have to try and get some time off for this. Is the Talinena scenic route a street or dual sport ride?

Hey dude,
the last time I was on the scenic drive it was pavement. A really super ride into Mena Ar. But I think I'll take 30 to to 40 to 24 to 75 and then which ever way you want to go. Once in the mountains, it's a free for all..:rofl:

Didn't have much to do so I made a Pie Run map on Google. I hope you fellers have ya'll some fun!

Looks good. January 27 is a Sunday I think. I'll plan for the 26th. Thanks for putting this together Leon.

For the newbie here that wants to join on a few of these, when is the meeting times at the these locations? Coming from San Antonio, some I will have to leave EARLY!!

For the newbie here that wants to join on a few of these, when is the meeting times at the these locations? Coming from San Antonio, some I will have to leave EARLY!!

the normal time is 11:00am, Crockett traditionaly is noon and the bonus one is generaly what we agree on depends on how close we get the day before. this will be just the second time a bonus run was done and this one is a extention of a regular one.

I am wondering if we will ever have anyone else make all 12 besides me?? Hizzo was close.

Last edited:
WORTHY LIST/SCHEDULE!!!

WELL WORTH THE WAIT...

hope to be back in the saddle b4 the end of January

sw

Leon, :clap: Thanks for all the research and planning! :-D

I like the place FF picked. How long are you guys staying there? I may still an extra day or two before heading to Virgina to see my little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back