• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Texas Adventure Ride & Challenge: April 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henceforth, we shall call you The Big Possible

:lol2: I like that name!!

Should i trailer down? Or DS it out there? If i trailer, i would have to rent a trailer. Would much rather ride down. Any suggestions guys?

Chris

Any sidecars going? Looking for riders who are not in a hurry, just want a nice slow ride...

I'll ride with ya'. But I don't have a sidecar, you know. I rather ride slow this year, to stay out of the dust cloud.

alphadog, I don't have a off-pavement sidecar rig ..... yet ..... but please post a few pics to encourage me.... :mrgreen: I also prefer a nice slow ride. And I'll vouch for TwoSmoke -- good fellow with whom to tag along back out of the dust cloud . :sun:

Not sure for sure. I have a motel reservation, but haven't pre-registered for the ride. Filled out the paperwork months ago- just don't want to send it in in case I can't make it again.
Ki, remember when I was following you and Rusty and you had to come back for me? I found a souvenir dent in the sidecar nose when I got home... I was too relaxed and my brain went into two-wheel mode in a corner- baaad news! Sidehacks do not turn anything like a normal bike. Do you still have the XR?
SwampFox, you were very helpful when I was investigating the whole sidecar thing. Would love to meet and ride- dust does wash off!
Dave, we rode together in '08 (?) when I had the KTM SuperMoto. You had one of the many KLR's in our group. I think you are a good, sensible rider- Mr. Conservative, like my hubby. How do you like Vlad?
I had just about talked myself out of going this year because I just can't keep up a normal pace anymore. And the flat tire in the middle of nowhere- I would still be there if it weren't for Rusty and Jack. Thank you both sooo much!
KLR Tug has a flat- again! Have to get that issue straightened out first- haven't found the cause yet, new tube went flat in a week...

Attachments

• SIDECAR SADIE 002.jpg
    SIDECAR SADIE 002.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 231
Yeah. I went back to look for you and saw you were way off the road. I just assumed the road was not challenging enough and you wanted to ride some rough stuff.

I sold the XR not too long ago. I wanted more suspension and got my KDX 220 street legalized. But it's just awful as a dualsport. So I'm in the market for a real dualsport. You selling anything?

Nothing for sale, unless you want a nice BSA chopper! Down to my last two bikes for life. Saw a bad-a** CRF450 Rally in this month's Cycle World. Maybe you can build a CRF250 Rally... be the first on your block!

I'm in. Rich asked me to do a brief presentation and Q&A on riding the Continental Divide. So bring your remarks and questions. I will be focusing on logistics rather than precise routing questions, though I'll do the best I can on that topic. I plan on covering:

*what bike to ride
*how tough is it, really
*what to bring
*what not to bring
*general motorcycle camping issues
*what to do when you see the dreaded "ROAD CLOSED" sign
*Is there really Pie in Pietown?

I am by no means an authority on this stuff, but I did do the ride.

If there is no interest in the talk, I will drink a cold Bud Light.

... SwampFox, you were very helpful when I was investigating the whole sidecar thing. Would love to meet and ride- dust does wash off!...
KLR Tug has a flat- again! Have to get that issue straightened out first- haven't found the cause yet, new tube went flat in a week....

Can't make it down for the Tx Adv as I have to be in Florida for my nephew's wedding the next weekend. My riding partner Oldtimer (Barry) plans to come down tho with his new CRF250L. Oldtimer has a Ural rig as well -- and the site for the Spring TURD was selected in part due to proximity to Nine Mile Road & Sabine National Forest. :trust: Hope you get the pesky flat figured out.

Saw a bad-a** CRF450 Rally in this month's Cycle World. Maybe you can build a CRF250 Rally... be the first on your block!

Nah...I don't want 'em racing thumpers. Too fragile. Too high maintainance. :duck: I rather have a old school trail bike.

I'm down for the challenge, hotels reserved and PayPal sent.

Hardest part will be to decide which bike to take :clap:

1200 GSA with .50 cal gun mount and mortars front and rear

KLR 650 with new Dunlop 606s on it (new except for Big Bend last weekend)

KTM 500 EXC with a sweet Giant Loop Mojavi bag to carry my cool aid mix and a fresh orange scent to it.

• Overnight in Kerrville on Friday night.

SOoo, Am I the first to ask? Not the butt breaker to Del Rio this year? Give a little up Ricardo....secret? Today has given me hope to get back on the bike. Steroid pills helped a tad, Epidural shot on Friday. I am at this point, as Trice would say,shall hereforwith be known as " possible maybe if I get better quick dude"...:giveup:

Why can't I edit anymore?

I just didn't see anything about the challenge, but you know that is what I would be up for. IF I am up for anything at all.:tears:

And, since I can't edit, one more thought. If I'm unable to ride, I may be up for driving my new Jeep around w a trailer to run sweep if Unc isn't up to it. I need some dirt.

• Overnight in Kerrville on Friday night.

SOoo, Am I the first to ask? Not the butt breaker to Del Rio this year? Give a little up Ricardo....secret?

I modified the course for 2013. More dirt. Less pavement. No James River crossing. And we are overnighting in Kerrville, instead of Del Rio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back