• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Texas Adventure Ride & Challenge: April 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are tent camping remember it's spring and the winds can pick up quickly. I was in a small two man cheap tent in Robinson city park in Llano two nights ago when that front blew through at 0100. A couple of additional guy lines on the fly would have been great. I had em but left them at home.

Room booked, registration sent!

Can't wait, great event.

Simon Bros. in Roosevelt is a neat place for those venturing west of Junction. They serve lunch in back.

IMG_8193-1_zpsbbd8b3e9.jpg

So Sander you ARE riding, broken foot and all. :clap:

Can't wait, great event.

Simon Bros. in Roosevelt is a neat place for those venturing west of Junction. They serve lunch in back.

Anyone from Houston going to this ride? Me and my brothers are going. Taking our DR650s

I'm from Whitehall which is pretty close (I drive to work in the big ugly) and just signed up for the Challenge. Don't really know what to expect since this is my first organized dualsport event so I plan on getting there Thursday early enough to meet folks.

My brother and I just registered for the TAC. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We'll be on GSA's.

Oh yeah, just have to get my boot on early before the swelling starts, once I get it latched I'm OK. Still not ready to dab so I'll avoid water crossings, although CR260 / CR307 sure was fun last year.

So Sander you ARE riding, broken foot and all. :clap:

Can't wait, great event.

I signed up yesterday. I must have gotten the last hotel room:trust: Will be coming from Houston.

Well, had a major injury during police in-service training yesterday Richard. Fell dislocating right shoulder and breaking the socket. Spent last evening in ER and will hear from ortho this morning about surgery. Depending on how bad this thing is, I may still come over and assist or something Richard. I think my riding days are on hold for a bit but leave my registration active
This was first dislocated shoulder for me. With the broken socket, the pain level was an eleven on the "one to ten " scale.

...With the broken socket, the pain level was an eleven on the "one to ten " scale.

Ouch! Hopefully you get some good meds that will ratched the pain down to manageable levels. Heal quickly.

Hey everybody, I have my days off from work and I'm going to head out from Houston on Thursday morning. Looking at camping, is the a campsite that people are camping at or is it all different? Looks like there are a few to choose from.

I got word today from our client that he will require that I will have to do a review of work the end of next week.
Dang it I'm out. :angryfire
Same thing happened last year. :angryfire:angryfire

What was that name of that truck driving school?

The Mudmullet and I will be there Thur. We will be bringing his WR250R and my XT250. I am really thinking about bringing my Ural GU as well. I like to go slow. I have ridden a lot of those roads on my bicycle and am looking forward to doing them on the bike. :rider:

Richard,

Do you know if we will be going through any border checks this time around as last year's TAC? I got pulled over last time for not carrying my green card.

Thanks!

I will be bringing my Ural GU. I hope somebody else brings their Ural. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking about riding my 950 Super Enduro down. I don't have any firm plans yet. Anyone looking for a riding partner?

Anyone looking for someone to share room costs with?

Are you doing the TAC or TAR? I'm doing the TAC on my 950 adv and looking for someone to ride with since I know exactly zero people here, send me a email or call 713 594 forty nine o six.

I may have a bed available at the HQ hotel Fri and Sat nights. PM me if you are interested and we can discuss. I won't know positively until tomorrow evening but it is 99% sure (riding pard tripped over his dog and voice mail said "I can't walk", my reply? "But can you ride?")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back