• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Tiger 800XC Under 5000 miles - Round Rock

no hard bags, just the soft Wolfman bags. I have the small tail bags that are on there now and the larger Expedition dry saddle bags in black.

Wow, great deal. I have a 2012 that I've put 20k miles on in the last 18 months and no issues at all. I'm 5'8" and can flat foot it on the low seat setting but prefer the standard seat setting...if you're shorter it's still worth checking out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Only pic I could see on my computer was post #21. I've been eyeballing thise 800 XC's for a few years and would love to replace my DR650 with one as I don't ride off road any longer (bad back). Even if I sold my DR I still wouldn't have the funds to get this. These are sweet bikes. I'm 6'4" and don't have a problem with tall bikes.

Sorry for the late reply Jim, summer is busy around here! As far as the risers, I'm not sure if they are anti-vibe or not, the previous owner put them on. If there is a way to tell by looking at them I'd be happy to take a peek. That being said, I've had no issues with vibration on this bike, but I have had on others.

Last edited:
Still have the bike, still need it gone. I did get to go for a little ride recently, mileage is now at 4,859. She runs strong and needs to be ridden more.

Ok, somehow I still have this beauty. My first beauty wants a new house and I need some cash for down payment, "house farkles", etc. Price drop to $7,100.

was the problem you posted on Advrider ever resolved?

triumph tiger 800 page 1139 post# 22764

"I've noticed on my new to me 2013 XC that the transmission is clunky, as in makes a loud clunk when shifting from 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5, and downshifting the same way. 1-2 and 5-6 are much quieter. The PO said that the oil was changed at 500 and 2500 miles, the bike only has about 3500 on it now. I went to the dealer and did confirm that the oil was changed at 2500, but that was August of 2014. I'm going to change the oil and see if it helps since it's a year and a half old, otherwise is it fairly normal for a fairly loud clunk on shifting? I've read elsewhere about how smooth the tranny is but I'm not seeing it. Otherwise forward motion and all seems fine. I get the clunk even when I take time between shifts."

Yeah, as someone said it may have been the way I was shifting. You are welcome to come and ride it if you are interested. It seems much smoother.

My '12 Tiger 800XC shifts with a very firm "thunk" noise in lower gears. I just took it to be part of the character of this bike. 20K miles in 18 months and no issues here, and if this bike were to disappear overnight to bike thieves like my last one did I'd be calling the OP tomorrow to replace it.

Ok, haven't posted anything in a while, been busy with the end of summer and kids getting back to school, but I lowered the price to $6,600. I'll be taking it to TJ's or some other place that will sell it for me if it doesn't go soon. Somebody come get a bangin deal on this thing!

I was just trying to add pics to my posting and got the following: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Does anyone know how to work around this? I did as it said and informed the admin.

Thanks!

The security token message means the image files you are trying to upload as an attachment are too large. JPGs must be no bigger than 640 X 480 and I think 194KB.

As for the other posts, the content between the
tags needs to be a direct link to an image file. I looked at a few of your posts where no images were showing and saw massively long links that never ended with something like imagename.jpg. If you don't see that .jpg on the end, it's likely it won't work. Google is real wonky about letting you get a link directly to the image file, which is likely why your images did not show up in post #22.

The only reason I can think of for why this hasn't sold yet is the ADV bike craze is coming to an end. It was once the largest growing segment. Like I said, had this come up before I bought my AT, I would have picked it up.

That's cool that it can be turned off for off road :clap:

Back