• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Uncle's Around the Bend and Uncle's Desert Challenge - Mar 7-10, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin edit: link removed per user request

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Life gets in the way again. I am going to bail out because of life. :( :( :( I will need lot's of pictures and a good ride report to help me kick myself into gear for next year. You all have fun. :(

http://timbercat.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots-1/i-jQJLzjh/0/M/smugshot_9734320-M.jpg[/URL]

I'm trying again.

Attachments

• smugshot_9734320-M.jpg
    smugshot_9734320-M.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 286
Anybody know much about Cycletec? Google says they are in Terlingua.

What I'm wondering is if there is any place around that might have some tires and tire changing capabilities for the jumbo size ADV bikes?

Thinking of throwing on some full knobbies for the BB ride. Then put the K60's back on for the ride home.

What I'm wondering is if there is any place around that might have some tires and tire changing capabilities for the jumbo size ADV bikes?

Thinking of throwing on some full knobbies for the BB ride. Then put the K60's back on for the ride home.

cycletek is just north of study butte and Ralph is the best moto guy I have ever seen,,,,,,,BUTTTTTTTTTT.......his shop is incredibly busy between bikes and generators.....google search cycletek....call him....closed on mondays.....and see what he says.

Last year I needed a tire replacement and he has lots of m/c tires in stock. Very expensive! But better than not having a tire.

Best to deal with known tire issues before leaving for Big Bend :sun:

Once you're out there, he's the man.

If it's dry, the K60s should be fine (well, as fine as anything) on the SuperT for anything in the National Park - and if it's wet, paddles won't save you. I'm not planning to do the Challenge, but did Black Gap last year on a klr on stock tires (in just 4 hours! It was amazing!). See y'all out there!

JUST DID

had a nice new sneaker installed on the back of the DR

getting EXCITED

been about 35 years since my last off the pavement adventure on 2 wheels in THE BIG BEND AREA

sw

Good advice if it was applicable. But I don't have tire "problem". Just was looking to having a fresh knobby once I got there.

The Tenere would EAT a TKC80 on the way. :)

K60 will do. I was just dreaming.

Good advice if it was applicable. But I don't have tire "problem". Just was looking to having a fresh knobby once I got there.

The Tenere would EAT a TKC80 on the way. :)

K60 will do. I was just dreaming.

I just mounted a TKC80 because nobody has any K60's and if I end up makin this I'm sure the TKC80 will be dead after this trip.

Hey, Richard,
If I want to do the Ranch route in your guide w/o the pavement part--meaning I want to trailer my dirtbike on the FM 170--why can I park my car-trailer?

Is there somewhere on Hwy 169/Casa Piedra Rd that I can safely park a car/trailer?

There is a parking area at the intersection of Casa Piedra and 169. We parked two trucks and trailers there after paying our fees at Ft. Leaton.

Attachments

• bbrsp-march.jpg
    bbrsp-march.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 278
In addition to what JT posted, you can probably leave your truck/trailer at Ft. Leaton and ride in from there. Or, I seem to recall a small parking area at the park entrance, so that could be an option. And, finally, you can park in the park at Saucedo, which is the park HQ.

I think I'll ride the Tiger over to BB. Leave Bandera late morning on Wednesday and maybe overnight in Comstock on the way. Was planning on the full trip on Thursday but have Wednesday open sooo why not. :doh: If anyone wants to ride along PM me for a meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back