• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Uncle's Around the Bend and Uncle's Desert Challenge - Mar 7-10, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks. It's because my bike don't have enough gas to complete the route.

Usually, guys ride from Terlingua to Presidio and gas up while taking a short break. Then they ride to the park and do whatever route they want to do. After that, many often head back to Presidio for a snack/drink break and to top off their tanks, followed by the ride back to Terlingua. The two trips to Presidio make the day longer by about 1.5-2 hours but the breaks are usually appreciated.

Last edited:
We'll be headed for Terlingua in the morning. Should be a 12 or 13 hr trip if all goes according to plan. New d606s, new chain and sprockets, and a dangling right rear blinker! I'm all set and looking forward to it. We'll be at Gareth park and should be ready to roll Wednesday morning.

Can't believe I forgot about this. I was reading the ridedualsport forum awhile back and on their annual B.U.T.T. ride to bbrsp at the end of December I believe the bbrsp superintendent allowed the attendees to ride a new trail that hadn't been ridden in a long time in the state park. Anyone know if they decided to open this trail permanently? If not, wonder if we could get permission to give it a go. Any info on this would be appreciated, would make for an epic all day ride!

For those of us sitting at home on a sprained ankle, post pics. My pop plans to join you guys in Terlingua on his new husky 511 desert master. Purchased after his tw 200 hosed our trip to Ouray in august. Guess I will see everyone at the Arkansas ride or maybe south Texas ride

I plan to head over starting wed after work, either by riding the Vee or trailering it. I'll stop off at mineral wells SP, Possum Kingdom SP (under burn ban, no potable water :( ) or maybe even Abilene SP (also under burn ban) depending on when I get out of work. Then head out early to continue the trek to BB.

If anyone wants to ride along, feel free to send me a PM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I plan to head over starting wed after work, either by riding the Vee or trailering it. I'll stop off at mineral wells SP, Possum Kingdom SP (under burn ban, no potable water :( ) or maybe even Abilene SP (also under burn ban) depending on when I get out of work. Then head out early to continue the trek to BB.

if you are riding, how're you gonna pack the condo & the punch?

c u when you get there

sw

PM sent

HELP :giveup: I have a friend that I talked into coming to Big Bend for Uncles ride, from Minnesota :rider: . There is a catch though. :doh:
He has a dog that needs a "sitter" because he is recuperating from a broken leg (got hit by a car). :eek2: If you know anybody interested, or options, please pm me. It will be for Friday and Saturday during the ride.

:sun: Thanks

Saw some guy w a bike in the back of the truck headed N yestday, rolled down the window, asked if he had been to Uncles, he said, NO, BIG BEND, then I realized it was next weekend...dang, I gotta get out.

Rich, Uncle and TWT'ers...

I've been reading this thread. I wish I could get away, but not this time. I wish you all a great and safe ride! I cant wait to read the stories and see the pics!

What is people packing for lunch?

On Friday I'm planning on having lunch in Rio Grande Village. The rest of time I'll be packing snacks (jerky, trail mix) and water to hold me over till supper.

Rich - comment on riders riding portions of the challenge course, not riding the challenge, doing separate route segements of it...there might be a bit of Baja 1000 mentality :lol2: and some opposite direction moments :eek2:

Rich - comment on riders riding portions of the challenge course, not riding the challenge, doing separate route segements of it...there might be a bit of Baja 1000 mentality :lol2: and some opposite direction moments :eek2:

Trice are you actually suggesting that we ride like we are not the only ones out there. How much fun can that be!

It's Tuesday at 10:40 am in Terlingua, experiencing 25 to 30 mph winds now, and gusting ?, just right for a KLR with a full tank of gas. Rode 354 miles yesterday last leg Pinto Canyon, windy but fun.
Had to do some repair on camper this morning due to wind, The Hardware store in Study Butte has everything. Soon will be heading out to Terlingua ranch roads yes windy but this is Texas the wind blows. Riders come on down BB

Heading out on a ride 7 Tanque Caballo in Trial Boss ride guide.
Roger(not Uncle) and I are having a blast in the dirt.

Wind blowing from the north east. On a all day ride we carry 5 bottles of water, trail mix, protein bars, jerky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back