• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Cheeseburger Loop Version 1 - NW Houston / Montgomery

Cheeseburger Loop Version 1 - NW Houston / Montgomery

I grabbed an old GPX from around 2008 from this forum. I tried to follow it a few weeks ago on my DRZ and found a few spots to be inaccessible now due to apparent private ownership. So I decided to use my track from that day's ride to create an updated version of the Cheeseburger loop.

CheesburgerLoop.jpg

Loop Info:
  • Accessible to all bikes big and small
  • 165 Mile Loop Starting from 105 & 149
  • ~ 65% dirt and gravel
  • ~ 3.75 hours averaging 45mp moving
  • 4 Gas stations flagged to accommodate small tank dual sports
  • Lunch at Yankees clockwise or counter
I have attached my version of the Track. Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:
Version 1.1

Incorporated the following changes:
  • Fixed some bad track points from wrong turns
  • Added in a short section of 3090 paved fun
  • Expanded a section south of Anderson to add more curves on gravel compliments of MaxGS
  • Removed the last leg through the Ghetto
cheeseburger1.1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
This looks great! I didn't know that there is a route like this so close to me. I'll put it into my GPS and try it out soon. If you ride it again, and don't mind company, I'll gladly tag along. :rider:

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Coffin
Sweet, last week I incorporated a good bit of this route on a longish ride on the big bike. Thanks for the update, I'll have to check out the new additions.

Saturday morning we are doing another ride on this loop. I have room for 3 more.

KSU @ 7:30am Saturday morning from the McDonalds at 149 & 105.

Sunday morning we are doing a most dirt route from 362 & 290 to Orsak's in Fayetteville. I will post that GPX file in another post once we ride and approve it.

Last edited:
I can't make it Saturday, but I'm definitely interested in the Sunday ride. I like riding in that area. I'll send you an email.

Robert

Saturday morning we are doing another ride on this loop. I have room for 3 more.

KSU @ 7:30am Saturday morning from the McDonalds at 149 & 105.

Sunday morning we are doing a most dirt route from 362 & 290 to Orsak's in Fayetteville. I will post that GPX file in another post once we ride and approve it.

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Anybody with the tracks up to riding the loop Saturday? I'd meet at trade center.

Anyone know if Cheese' gets too sloppy to ride with street tires after a big rain storm?

Like tomorrow.

We have had 8" of rain down here in the past week. It's soked.

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
New Waverly area should be good, all of it is county maintained roads. Mostly hard based, the sandy road from Bedias could be questionable. If didn't have other plans(riding dirtbike in forest) I would try it.