• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Cheeseburger Loop Version 1 - NW Houston / Montgomery

Hail

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Cheeseburger Loop Version 1 - NW Houston / Montgomery

I grabbed an old GPX from around 2008 from this forum. I tried to follow it a few weeks ago on my DRZ and found a few spots to be inaccessible now due to apparent private ownership. So I decided to use my track from that day's ride to create an updated version of the Cheeseburger loop.

CheesburgerLoop.jpg

Loop Info:
  • Accessible to all bikes big and small
  • 165 Mile Loop Starting from 105 & 149
  • ~ 65% dirt and gravel
  • ~ 3.75 hours averaging 45mp moving
  • 4 Gas stations flagged to accommodate small tank dual sports
  • Lunch at Yankees clockwise or counter

I have attached my version of the Track. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 2014 Cheeseburger Loop v1.gpx
    650 KB · Views: 474
  • Cheesburger Loop.jpg
    Cheesburger Loop.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 794
Last edited:
Version 1.1

Incorporated the following changes:
  • Fixed some bad track points from wrong turns
  • Added in a short section of 3090 paved fun
  • Expanded a section south of Anderson to add more curves on gravel compliments of MaxGS
  • Removed the last leg through the Ghetto

cheeseburger1.1.jpg

Attachments

• 2014 Cheeseburger Loop v1.1.gpx
    278.6 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
This looks great! I didn't know that there is a route like this so close to me. I'll put it into my GPS and try it out soon. If you ride it again, and don't mind company, I'll gladly tag along. :rider:

Sweet, last week I incorporated a good bit of this route on a longish ride on the big bike. Thanks for the update, I'll have to check out the new additions.

Saturday morning we are doing another ride on this loop. I have room for 3 more.

KSU @ 7:30am Saturday morning from the McDonalds at 149 & 105.

Sunday morning we are doing a most dirt route from 362 & 290 to Orsak's in Fayetteville. I will post that GPX file in another post once we ride and approve it.

Last edited:
Very good job! That is a fun route, I've done it twice.

I can't make it Saturday, but I'm definitely interested in the Sunday ride. I like riding in that area. I'll send you an email.

Robert

Saturday morning we are doing another ride on this loop. I have room for 3 more.

KSU @ 7:30am Saturday morning from the McDonalds at 149 & 105.

Sunday morning we are doing a most dirt route from 362 & 290 to Orsak's in Fayetteville. I will post that GPX file in another post once we ride and approve it.

Anybody with the tracks up to riding the loop Saturday? I'd meet at trade center.

A few minor updates thanks to a recent run by JFink.

Cheeseburger Loop v1.21 Attached with Track & Route

Attachments

• 2014 Cheeseburger Loop v1.21.gpx
    447.2 KB · Views: 426
One final update. Fixed one more impassable area that I must have manually added in BaseCamp.

CheeseBurgerLoop122.jpg

Attachments

• 2014 Cheeseburger Loop v1.22.gpx
    449 KB · Views: 476
Anyone know if Cheese' gets too sloppy to ride with street tires after a big rain storm?

Like tomorrow.

We have had 8" of rain down here in the past week. It's soked.

New Waverly area should be good, all of it is county maintained roads. Mostly hard based, the sandy road from Bedias could be questionable. If didn't have other plans(riding dirtbike in forest) I would try it.

Keeping the CBL alive! We will be running it this Thursday.

By the way, Mallet Brothers BBQ in Iola has great burgers as well as BBQ.

I am attaching a North side expansion of the loop that runs up to Marquez and back. Right where the route crosses 39 North of Normangee is the small "town" of Flynn. There is a feedstore on the SW corner of that intersection that has a grill in the back. I've not been there recently, but they used to have great burgers with the big fat steak fries.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• CB Loop North Expansion.gpx
    90.2 KB · Views: 142

I am attaching a North side expansion of the loop that runs up to Marquez and back. Right where the route crosses 39 North of Normangee is the small "town" of Flynn. There is a feedstore on the SW corner of that intersection that has a grill in the back. I've not been there recently, but they used to have great burgers with the big fat steak fries.

GPX viewer
Hope to try this Sunday!

GPX viewer
Mallet Brothers is so much better than Yankees. Did you add a pin for it?

Ok this map image shows the Cheeseburger loop in red and Scott's northern expansion in purple. I will join them over the weekend. In case you didn't know it Scott usually does 500 mile day long rides! The CBL was too short!
Screenshot 2022-11-04 165540.jpg

No, I did not add a pin for Mallet Bros in Iola. There isn't much in Iola. Mallet Bros is in the middle of town next door to some kind of Junk/Treasure shop where FM 244 peels off of 39.

No, I did not add a pin for Mallet Bros in Iola. There isn't much in Iola. Mallet Bros is in the middle of town next door to some kind of Junk/Treasure shop where FM 244 peels off of 39.
I just realized last weekend when I drove by that I have been to Mallet Brothers many times. I am not good with names! Good BBQ and GREAT burgers.

I just realized last weekend when I drove by that I have been to Mallet Brothers many times. I am not good with names! Good BBQ and GREAT burgers.
Yeah, my son loves their burgers! C&Js over in College Station has great burgers as well.

Anyone scout out recently and have the latest cheeseburger loop gpx file to share…..please! Looking to offroad with few friends.

Anyone scout out recently and have the latest cheeseburger loop gpx file to share…..please! Looking to offroad with few friends.

At this point, I don't know that there is really one "official" version of the loop. It has been changed many times over the years. Just pick any of the GPX files in the posts in this thread and go. None of the roads are technical unless it has literally just stopped raining or is currently raining. You don't need full blown knobby tires. Most any "adventure" tire will be sufficient. Anything that can go 100 miles on a tank of gas will be fine. I've ridden all those roads two up on my 1200 GS on street biased adventure tires numerous times without any issue.

Back