• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
January 25th: Koffee Kup, Hico

February 22nd: The Jay Café, Needville (google maps marks location wrong)

March 29th: Ponder steak house, Ponder

April 26th: The apple store/ patio café, Medina

May 31st: The shed café, Edom

June 28th: Catfish Haven, Whitesboro

July 26th: Elm Creek café, Lincoln (google maps marks location wrong)

August 30th: City café, Elgin CLOSED!!!!!!
the new destination is Maxine's café just down and around the corner from the city café in Elgin

September 27th: Waverly house restaurant, New Waverly

October 25th: Texas great country café, Whitney

November 29th: Side Oats bakery & café, MenardCLOSING 11/9!
new destination, Isaack's Restaurant, Junction

December 20th: Moose head café, Crockett (I know, risky moving it up but the 27th is a bad date)

BONUS PIE!! June 2nd: Lynn's place, Robbinsville, NC

gixxerjasen has put together a map location map thanks Jasen!

Last edited:
Good list Leon. You might throw in an alternate location for us central Tex people that don't usually travel above the metro mess to Ponder and Whitesboro. Sissy's and Downtown Cafe in Thorndale or Murphy's in Winchester would work. Just my 2 cents.

Steve

I think Whitesboro is the launching point for the Bonus Pie Run, isn't it?

Nothing to stop the Southerners from bringing together their own confederation and rebelling against Northern oppression by calling a run elsewhere that month.

Its something to Ponder, just the same. :rofl:

:rider:

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
do i detect a june appointment w/ THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON?

sw
A midnight appointment with the tail of the dragon! It is a whole nother beast when no one else is on it. And Lynn's has tasty peanut butter pie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice, looks like four locations under 250 miles away this time.

Thanks for all the effort and time you put into this. Looking forward to :rider: and :eat: for 2014.

A big applause and thank you to FF for his willingness to plan and facilitate the pie runs. You are awesome!

Hey, where's the person who usually does up the cool maps showing all the locations? I mean, I could do it but they were really good with the custom icons and stuff.

Interesting, when I drop in on street view for The Jay and Elm Creek, there's the building and the sign right where google says it is.

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
Interesting, when I drop in on street view for The Jay and Elm Creek, there's the building and the sign right where google says it is.
because you fixed it! if you punch that address into google maps and also punch it into a Garmin GPS unit it will take you to the wrong place.

we have run into this problem on a couple other runs.

thank you for making the map!

LOL, I fixed nothing. I typed the name of the restaurant and the city and grabbed the result. That's it. :D

Good to know about Garmin though.

Also, I didn't put on the Bonus Pie. I figure those lucky enough to do that pie run will know where it is. The rest of us don't need to be depressed and have it screw up the zoom on the map. :D

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
Oh I know exactly where it is! It is where the pavement is smooth and grippy and none of it is level or straight.
Just one curve or hill right after the other for mile after mile.
Where you can ride all week in the twisties and never cover the same road twice.

First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hall
Looking forward to a great 2014 Pie Run season. I'll be contemplating the bonus pie that's for sure.

Oh I know exactly where it is! It is where the pavement is smooth and grippy and none of it is level or straight.
Just one curve or hill right after the other for mile after mile.
Where you can ride all week in the twisties and never cover the same road twice.
Tell me again why we have a bad word filter on this site?

First Name
Art
Last Name
Harbison
Thanks Leon, great job well done. And thanks Jason great map. Appreciate the effort guys.

M

mr-roboto

Leon,

...diverse selections across the state. I am glad you got a new place west of Junction on the pie run roster. It's a good excuse to continue to Ft. Davis after eating pie.

RB

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
Leon,

...diverse selections across the state. I am glad you got a new place west of Junction on the pie run roster. It's a good excuse to continue to Ft. Davis after eating pie.

RB

I was originally looking at a place further west but just had a uneasy feeling about it.
Maybe next year.

Too late this year's list, but I just got to thinking that a pie run in a State Park might be a good combo.

Perhaps one in the Davis Mountians? Anyone know if the restaurant at Indian Lodge has pie?

Too late this year's list, but I just got to thinking that a pie run in a State Park might be a good combo.

Perhaps one in the Davis Mountians? Anyone know if the restaurant at Indian Lodge has pie?
The Black Bear does have pie, in fact it was a Pie Run location back in 2008:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28471

Davis Mountains State Park is closed for renovations though until March. However the lodge and the Black Bear will remain open.

:rider:CAMP:eat:CAMP:rider:

MT, i nominate you to the task of finding out how many/which parks have restaurants, w/ PIE

BIG BEND does

¿ what about a CRAZY BOB event where the PIE is prepared in camp ?

all just ponderments

sw

Attachments

I guess this has escalated to a double-dog dare at this point.

Kinda reminds me of calling Marty McFly "chicken"

I think it will be a short list ...

BBRSP serves meals at the bunkhouse, but it might not be a road many Pie-runners would traverse even if the park staff could be cajoled into baking pies.

Indian Lodge/Black Bear and BBNP in The Basin are the only others that I can think of.

Lunchtime, which usually means about 11am at the location.

Of course, if you want to join a ride, that varies depending on the group, how far away they are, and how much they'll deviate from the straightest route. :D

First Name
JASON
Last Name
KEMP
Leon, great job putting together the pie run schedule, thanx for all the work. Gonna try and make more of these this year, maybe we could meet up for some of them and ride together in a group ride. Hope to anyway.

Jason

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
I would like to take Bob, he is the secret sauce.
Boring ordinary rides are a lot more fun when you have Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.