• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
January 25th: Koffee Kup, Hico

February 22nd: The Jay Café, Needville (google maps marks location wrong)

March 29th: Ponder steak house, Ponder

April 26th: The apple store/ patio café, Medina

May 31st: The shed café, Edom

June 28th: Catfish Haven, Whitesboro

July 26th: Elm Creek café, Lincoln (google maps marks location wrong)

August 30th: City café, Elgin CLOSED!!!!!!
the new destination is Maxine's café just down and around the corner from the city café in Elgin

September 27th: Waverly house restaurant, New Waverly

October 25th: Texas great country café, Whitney

November 29th: Side Oats bakery & café, MenardCLOSING 11/9!
new destination, Isaack's Restaurant, Junction

December 20th: Moose head café, Crockett (I know, risky moving it up but the 27th is a bad date)

BONUS PIE!! June 2nd: Lynn's place, Robbinsville, NC

gixxerjasen has put together a map location map thanks Jasen!

Last edited:
Good list, Leon. Thanks for doing it.

Good list Leon. You might throw in an alternate location for us central Tex people that don't usually travel above the metro mess to Ponder and Whitesboro. Sissy's and Downtown Cafe in Thorndale or Murphy's in Winchester would work. Just my 2 cents.

Steve

I think Whitesboro is the launching point for the Bonus Pie Run, isn't it?

Nothing to stop the Southerners from bringing together their own confederation and rebelling against Northern oppression by calling a run elsewhere that month.

Its something to Ponder, just the same. :rofl:

:rider:

do i detect a june appointment w/ THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON?

sw

A midnight appointment with the tail of the dragon! It is a whole nother beast when no one else is on it. And Lynn's has tasty peanut butter pie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice, looks like four locations under 250 miles away this time.

Thanks for all the effort and time you put into this. Looking forward to :rider: and :eat: for 2014.

A big applause and thank you to FF for his willingness to plan and facilitate the pie runs. You are awesome!

great splattering, all around the state

gott'm marked on the calendar

many thanks for your diligence

sw

Hey, where's the person who usually does up the cool maps showing all the locations? I mean, I could do it but they were really good with the custom icons and stuff.

Interesting, when I drop in on street view for The Jay and Elm Creek, there's the building and the sign right where google says it is.

Interesting, when I drop in on street view for The Jay and Elm Creek, there's the building and the sign right where google says it is.

because you fixed it! if you punch that address into google maps and also punch it into a Garmin GPS unit it will take you to the wrong place.

we have run into this problem on a couple other runs.

thank you for making the map!

LOL, I fixed nothing. I typed the name of the restaurant and the city and grabbed the result. That's it. :D

Good to know about Garmin though.

Also, I didn't put on the Bonus Pie. I figure those lucky enough to do that pie run will know where it is. The rest of us don't need to be depressed and have it screw up the zoom on the map. :D

Oh I know exactly where it is! It is where the pavement is smooth and grippy and none of it is level or straight.
Just one curve or hill right after the other for mile after mile.
Where you can ride all week in the twisties and never cover the same road twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Looking forward to a great 2014 Pie Run season. I'll be contemplating the bonus pie that's for sure.

Oh I know exactly where it is! It is where the pavement is smooth and grippy and none of it is level or straight.
Just one curve or hill right after the other for mile after mile.
Where you can ride all week in the twisties and never cover the same road twice.

Tell me again why we have a bad word filter on this site?

Thanks Leon, great job well done. And thanks Jason great map. Appreciate the effort guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back