• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon,

...diverse selections across the state. I am glad you got a new place west of Junction on the pie run roster. It's a good excuse to continue to Ft. Davis after eating pie.

:rider:

RB

menard_tx.gif

Number 4 and 7 are the most tempting for me I will try to beg for Saturday off to attend.

Leon,

...diverse selections across the state. I am glad you got a new place west of Junction on the pie run roster. It's a good excuse to continue to Ft. Davis after eating pie.

:rider:

RB

menard_tx.gif

I was originally looking at a place further west but just had a uneasy feeling about it.
Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Leon, thanks for all of your work putting these together. I've got 'em all on my calendar. :rider:

Too late this year's list, but I just got to thinking that a pie run in a State Park might be a good combo.

Perhaps one in the Davis Mountians? Anyone know if the restaurant at Indian Lodge has pie?

Too late this year's list, but I just got to thinking that a pie run in a State Park might be a good combo.

Perhaps one in the Davis Mountians? Anyone know if the restaurant at Indian Lodge has pie?

The Black Bear does have pie, in fact it was a Pie Run location back in 2008:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28471

Davis Mountains State Park is closed for renovations though until March. However the lodge and the Black Bear will remain open.

:rider:CAMP:eat:CAMP:rider:

MT, i nominate you to the task of finding out how many/which parks have restaurants, w/ PIE

BIG BEND does

¿ what about a CRAZY BOB event where the PIE is prepared in camp ?

all just ponderments

sw

Attachments

• cobbeler pie.jpg
    cobbeler pie.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 282
I guess this has escalated to a double-dog dare at this point.

Kinda reminds me of calling Marty McFly "chicken"

I think it will be a short list ...

BBRSP serves meals at the bunkhouse, but it might not be a road many Pie-runners would traverse even if the park staff could be cajoled into baking pies.

Indian Lodge/Black Bear and BBNP in The Basin are the only others that I can think of.

Lunchtime, which usually means about 11am at the location.

Of course, if you want to join a ride, that varies depending on the group, how far away they are, and how much they'll deviate from the straightest route. :D

Leon, great job putting together the pie run schedule, thanx for all the work. Gonna try and make more of these this year, maybe we could meet up for some of them and ride together in a group ride. Hope to anyway.

Jason

Not that far to ride but a long way to walk with broken bones.

I would like to take Bob, he is the secret sauce.
Boring ordinary rides are a lot more fun when you have Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back