• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Suzuki VStrom 650 rear brake caliper part

jbird710

Don’t you know about the Bird?
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Birdsong
Helping a friend with a 650 VStrom and looking for a part for the rear brake caliper mount. There is a metal clip that goes on the mount that needs to be replaced. On all of the OEM Suzuki part sites I look at, it requires buying the mount to get the clip. Below is a picture with a notation of the part I'm looking for. It's part of #14 - the metal piece that connects on the mount.
Anyone have a suggestion where I could get just the metal clip the arrow is pointing to?

brake_caliper.jpg

I have looked on eBay and I can buy the whole caliper with mount cheaper than buying the mount from an OEM parts house.

If its the brake pad clip....you can also check 02-12 DL1000s since they use the same pads. There are other bikes using the same pads too ...FA174 EBC
I saw the 1000 used the same pads but didn’t check it vs. the 650. Should have, because that very part is sold by itself for $9 under the 1000 parts listing for the rear caliper. Beats spending $90 for the entire mount as shown on the 650.
THANKS!

Thanks Randy; got it figured out.

Back