• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

I think Chris did the Road to ****. Robert Earl Keene did the Road Goes on Forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Texas" by Chris Rea and "Traveling Texas" by Shake Russel will be the first two tunes heard in my truck when Diva and I head west for Terlingua.:zen:

Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

u3anages.jpg

Sweet! :sun:

Richard I don't know HOW you did it but your weather order is just about perfect.
Big Bend here we come. :-)

ATGATT.

I think Chris did the Road to ****. Robert Earl Keene did the Road Goes on Forever.

Chris Rea - Snip from the song, Texas:

They've got big long road out there
Warm winds blowing
Heating blue sky
And a road that goes forever
I'm going to Texas

RB

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBkQEecpAAY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Chris Rea Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Chris Rea - Snip from the song, Texas:

They've got big long road out there
Warm winds blowing
Heating blue sky
And a road that goes forever
I'm going to Texas

RB

I got ya. Guess I haven't heard that one. Sounds just as good as the other two.

Was just thinking that in 6 days time I'll be out there meeting some a yous guys for the first time, eating, telling stories and having a good time. My first trip to BB so it should be a hoot! I think I'm already losing sleep over the anticipation.

:twitch:

Was just thinking that in 6 days time I'll be out there meeting some a yous guys for the first time, eating, telling stories and having a good time. My first trip to BB so it should be a hoot! I think I'm already losing sleep over the anticipation.

:twitch:

:eat::rider::chug:

Down to the last spot on the trailer heading to Big Bend. If you'd like to hitch a ride out west, PM me with location etc.

Leaving Wednesday morning. :rider:

well **** my luck. Woke up friday unable to put weight on my left foot. Went to doc in addition to tendinitis, i have a broken little toe. So i am in a boot for the next week. Going to miss this trip. I so looked forward to it too. Hope you guys all have a great time and stay safe.

well **** my luck. Woke up friday unable to put weight on my left foot. Went to doc in addition to tendinitis, i have a broken little toe. So i am in a boot for the next week. Going to miss this trip. I so looked forward to it too. Hope you guys all have a great time and stay safe.

Put a SIDI sticker on the boot and ride anyway

Solorider, whiskysmith and myself are on the way. We are going to Big Bend Ranch State Park first and the head over to Terilingua Thursday
6ymy6ahy.jpg

I made other arrangements for lodging, so I have a single room at the El Dorado up for grabs. PM me if you want to take over the reservation.

This e-mail will serve as your confirmation for reservation number ****
for March 6, 2014 and checking out March 9, 2014.
This reservation is for one room with one queen bed at the cash rate of $75.00 per night.
Please know that we have high speed internet as well as a Restaurant & Bar
on site. We offer a full menu which includes our outstanding hamburger, Ribeye steak and the best Mexican food in the Big Bend. We are exceptionally proud of our coldest
beer in town!

found out I have a extra bed in my room at Tliguna TX at the Eldorado Hotel. I've got reservations for Wed thru Sat. night. Anyone want to share a room?
Older rider (old fart) on a KLR 650. Non smoker.

Just got home from Methodist Hospital where I had a tumor removed from bladder. Not "staged"til Monday. Doc says no riding due to need to let bladder heal.

I have a condo reserved at chisos mining company. I think it is $150/night. Text 903-450-567 nine if interested in reservation. I won't cancel til Monday.

Dave, it was great riding with you last year. Sorry that you won't be able to go this year. Hope you get well soon.

Sent by Tapatalk

Dave, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. We'll miss seeing you. Take care!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a lot of seasoned pecan wood (35 ft tree cut down Aug 2012) but it's not split into logs yet. I planned on selling it but if someone can help haul it to Big Bend and split it (I'll supply the axe) I would be happy to donate the wood to the cause. We have a small truck or we'd haul it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have heard you can connect from the end of Pine Canyon Trail to the Juniper Canyon Trail (highlighted in yellow) or is this a vicious rumor? Class 3 or 4 trail?

Thanks,

RB

Attachments

• bb-connector-yes-no-rb.jpg
    bb-connector-yes-no-rb.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 247

I have heard you can connect from the end of Pine Canyon Trail to the Juniper Canyon Trail (highlighted in yellow) or is this a vicious rumor? Class 3 or 4 trail?

Thanks,

RB

It's been a while so things on the ground may have changed. A fit person on foot could do it. On horseback it would depend on the horse.

Thanks,

RB

It's been a while so things on the ground may have changed. A fit person on foot could do it. On horseback it would depend on the horse.

Unless something has changed, trails are for non-motorized use only.

Unless something has changed, trails are for non-motorized use only.

Sounds perfect for hiking or mountain biking for now....

:sun:

RB

Can the Terlingua Ranch Road area be accessed entirely on a motorcycle? I heard there was an issue a few years ago about a property owner who did not want a local rally happening on the ranch...can't remember the details.

RB

MAP_BIGBEND.jpg

The El Dorado just had 1 King Suite open up. It has 1 king size bed plus a sleeper sofa. Call them if you want this room.

The El Dorado just had 1 King Suite open up. It has 1 king size bed plus a sleeper sofa. Call them if you want this room.

Also, no one has yet claimed my single room with Queen bed. PM me to take over the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back