• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

Lookin' fer a ride out to Big Bend Wed afternoon or Thur morning. Anyone?

Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

3ype5ysy.jpg

Ready to go she's loaded down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to send you a PM, your box is full. Call me quick.

RG said he has room. Leaving Wed out of College Station. You might want to send him a PM .

I would hope we are KSU about 8am. No meals available Thursday at the bunkhouse so we wont be waiting around for breakfast to be served. Gotta start early so we get a long day's ride as we need to be in Terlingua that evening before all the fajitas are gone.

It is not 3 hrs from CMCH unless you are trailering. Ride your bike there and 1-1/2 hrs. But what is your fuel range? Last gas on 170 is at Lajitas and then 60 miles from there to the start of our ride. So you already need a 120 mile range before even joining our ride. No gas in the park unless you would make arrangements for us to haul some in for you.

_

Lets play it by ear - if I show up on time then great but don't wait on me. Have fun!

Are there any wives or significant others going? MY6 is doing the Desert Challenge Friday and since I'm not, I'll be looking for something else to do (riding or otherwise).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm draggin' mine along, she will need an escape from the hotel room on Friday.

I'm leaving from San Antonio Thursday morning if you or anyone else needs a ride.

I've also got room to haul gear in the truck if anyone needs.

Are there any wives or significant others going? MY6 is doing the Desert Challenge Friday and since I'm not, I'll be looking for something else to do (riding or otherwise).

Yep. Camping at Rancho Topanga and doing smell the flowers 2 up riding - bringing the GS. Plan on spending a day heading East (Nat'l Park) and a day heading West (River Road, Presidio, probably touring the State Park Botanical Garden - you know - smelling the **** flowers. :)

I'm leaving from San Antonio Thursday morning if you or anyone else needs a ride.

I've also got room to haul gear in the truck if anyone needs.

When were you planning to leave out from SA, and what side of town? Are you offering a spot for rider, bike, and gear... or just some gear?

Yep. Camping at Rancho Topanga and doing smell the flowers 2 up riding - bringing the GS. Plan on spending a day heading East (Nat'l Park) and a day heading West (River Road, Presidio, probably touring the State Park Botanical Garden - you know - smelling the **** flowers. :)

I'm staying there also. Pretty much same plans. Want to see Santa Elena canyon among other sights. Heading to Seminole Canyon today and rancho topanga tomorrow.

Does anyone need a Queen sgl hotel room for Thurs & Fri night at Big Bend Resort. My daughter was going to make this ride, but came down with the flu. I was planning to just camp out at Garreth Park, so don't really need this room. Too late to CXL now without penalty. Cost is $80 per night +tax. Would rather sell it back to someone who really needs it if I can.

About to head out

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394040539773.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394040539773.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 270

Queen sgl room reso at the Big Bend Resort is now taken & no longer available.
See y'all there...

Safe travels everyone!!

I
I still have a spare bed at the Eldorado Hotel for anyone would like to share cost of the room duane 720 273 0263. Wed thru Sat. Or any portion.

All packed up and ready to roll! See y'all Thursday!:rider:
NCM_0131_zpsc18a8653.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife!

Connie and I are on the road. ?

Hurt myself racing on the track 2 weeks ago. Not able to make it this year due to a list of injuries, aches, and pains. Ya'll have a great time.

Anyone else who wants to ride, but couldn't make this trip, I'll be going in 4-6 weeks for a 7 day trip with room for more.

Peter

Connie and I are on the road. ?

Sounds like a good way to get hurt, posting from the phone while on the road!

Get in the car already, it's faster that way!:nana:

Hurt myself racing on the track 2 weeks ago. Not able to make it this year due to a list of injuries, aches, and pains. Ya'll have a great time.

Anyone else who wants to ride, but couldn't make this trip, I'll be going in 4-6 weeks for a 7 day trip with room for more.

Peter

gonna miss you Pete!

Just changed my rear tire and about to be on my way.
du5ejapy.jpg
be there tomorrow sometime around noon.

Peter

Bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back