• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 MexTrek, Oct 15 - 18th, Galeana, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that going to be a backup bike in case the 250 goes down ??

Ha! That was not the intent, but it might work...I had an offer on a new bike that I couldn't refuse, so I am selling my 2013 Super Tenere and will put the new one in storage for when I'm back here. Ya never know...I might ship it over to Europe and use it for certain legs of the trip.

I hope your not paying for storage ? If you have a cover or tarp I can put it in my building & give you a key, or transport it to be shipped where ever. Willing to help a worldly traveler. Here is my security system.

Attachments

• 20150616_185559.jpg
    20150616_185559.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 180
I hope your not paying for storage ? If you have a cover or tarp I can put it in my building & give you a key, or transport it to be shipped where ever. Willing to help a worldly traveler. Here is my security system.

Thanks for the generous offer. I have several other bikes in storage already, so adding one isn't a problem. But I wish I had your security system. That's one mighty fine looking set of security.

Is this ride still on? I completed the google doc but have received no confirmation or have seen my login name added to the list of participants. I have emailed Shadman and have not received any response from him. I realize that it is in October but I am a "ducks in a row" type of guy and would like to finalize details.

Is this ride still on? I completed the google doc but have received no confirmation or have seen my login name added to the list of participants. I have emailed Shadman and have not received any response from him. I realize that it is in October but I am a "ducks in a row" type of guy and would like to finalize details.

Interesting first post on twtex.com :huh2:

For your second post, try "Hey! You guys sure have some cool bikes!"

Just asking a question...not dogging anyone. I have been involved in organizing and participating in organized events for many years and fully appreciate the work needed to put together even the smallest gathering. And gladly tip my hat to those who do.
BTW, cool bikes!

I'm heading this up for Shadman, work is pretty much full on right now & I have a vacation starting end of the week.

If you signed up you will see stuff starting to happen but it will be later in the Summer. There is a plan.

:trust:

Oh yeah & I have construction going on in my house, no kitchen, no garage and no shop.

Boo hoo eh?

No problem, I am just new at this type of collaboration and do not know the protocol for how information funnels.
Thanks for the response and I am looking forward to riding with everyone in Mexico.

It's my work busy season too, so I'm on once a week or so. PB has the spreadsheet with names, when he sends me an update, I update the thread.

Everything is going forward as planned. 99% of the work to go on this ride falls on the individual attending. We just provide a loose framework, a get there and get back plan, camaraderie, and recommendations for rides.

Basically this ride is a www.match.com for cool motorcycles and Mexican roads.

Another teaser....the lake at the bottom of the Pozo del Gavilon, 9 minutes from our host hotel.

w960-h540-no.jpg

w960-h540-no.jpg
I've seen these pics before as a representation of the hole but I think they aren't real, they seem photoshopped, sorry to poop on your party, now the last pic without the water is real.

Hey All-
A lot of you don't know me, but I just signed up. I rode Bastrop last weekend with Subcomm and he made it sound too good to pass up. I got to go to the Baja 500 last year, so I've been south of the border at least once.

I'll be on a KLR w D606s. IF I get my XR400 all bullet proof, I'll consider bringing that. Most likely, it'll the the KLR.

I've seen these pics before as a representation of the hole but I think they aren't real, they seem photoshopped, sorry to poop on your party, now the last pic without the water is real.

I've seen a lot of pics of it with water. Maybe it is seasonal. A couple of Mexican articles talk about swimming and kayaking. Firsthand in October I'll see what I can see....

Holy **** this sounds like fun. Just requested the time off. Subscribed and I'll join the google doc if I can get it finalized. :chug:

Very nice trip... I'll make my own arrangement... just before to book in... I don't want to do like Terlingua 2015... after all arrangement, couldn't get there... so... I'll follow this thread and book later...

What's the dead line to book?

No deadline. Anyone arriving at the rider's meeting in McAllen is on board. I just suggest a little advance prep if you want a room booked. But worst case, you'll share a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back