• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 MexTrek, Oct 15 - 18th, Galeana, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Registered today, better late than never I guess. I should be able to get everything ready in time. I believe all I need besides some minor bike prep is foreign insurance. Any suggestions on the insurance?

I'll be riding my 950 Super Enduro, hopefully with some Hiedenau K60's, as long as I get them balanced and installed in time.

Registered today, better late than never I guess. I should be able to get everything ready in time. I believe all I need besides some minor bike prep is foreign insurance. Any suggestions on the insurance?

I'll be riding my 950 Super Enduro, hopefully with some Hiedenau K60's, as long as I get them balanced and installed in time.

Balance? Balance? We don't need no stinking balance!

Mexpro, pick ur plan. For insurance

Ok, went to MexAdventure and got full coverage, now I can crash in confidence.

If I don't have any balance at least my wheels should.

Ok, went to MexAdventure and got full coverage, now I can crash in confidence.
just a suggestion, I get a day extra of insurance for Monday it doesn't cost much more than a few dollars but it's a just in case you need extra time to get back. And for anyone with comms, a few of us are doing channel 19.

We will be at the bridge on the mexico side parking lot at 8:00 to 8:30 am, will leave from there at 8:30 am unless we get a text or call that someone is abit late but on the way and will be there shortly

Sounds good. Thursday morning, we should be eating breakfast at 7:00 in McAllen / Mission, kickstands up at 8:00. Over the bridge Thursday AM at 8:15 - 8:30.

I have this as the list of !!! 24 !!! confirmed riders on the rally. If you don't see your name in this list, I'm not expecting you, but there is always room. Haha.

Peter Shaddock
Edgar Vinueza
Dao Hoang
Barry Jackson
Pete Taylor
Darryl Wills
Frank Schaefer
Juan Rementeria
Jeremy Key
Steven Michaelis
Nicholas J Meyer
Greg Chennault
Andre Nieuwenhuis
Ezequiel Martinez
Douglas K. Muxworthy
Mark Winer
Everett Fox
Dave Bell
Thomas Eimermacher
Mike Nelson
Thomas Falduto
JEFF NOUIS
Dale Hubregs
James Severe

I'm working on getting some GPX tracks. If you have any you'd care to share please email them to unclesaroundthebend@gmail.com and i'll distribute to the group. Sorry, I'm a paper map follow adventure kinda guy...

Weather for Mextrek looks sunny and perfect for off road riding, but maybe a bit chilly in the evenings. Pack a fleece! High mid 60's. Lows around 50.

12074619_10207206115885747_5047750066533098963_n.jpg

Down off the high plains, near Iturbide and Monterey, it will be a bit warmer. Still near ideal riding temps for the freeway ride in and out of Mextrek.

1620907_10207206115925748_2683861206214180902_n.jpg

I was able to pick-up pesos form a Wells Fargo near by me. One less thing to deal with now.

Shadman, was there conformation of parking our trucks & trailers on the Motel 6 lot for this trip?

I was able to pick-up pesos form a Wells Fargo near by me. One less thing to deal with now.

No worry on getting pesos. Every time you buy something you'll get some as change. I recommend spending them on munchies while waiting in line to come back Nawth.

just a suggestion, I get a day extra of insurance for Monday it doesn't cost much more than a few dollars but it's a just in case you need extra time to get back. And for anyone with comms, a few of us are doing channel 19.

Plus a bunch on this. I had a car problem while enroute to Ensenada for Baja Rally 3.0 (A/C compressor clutch bearing) and, electing to have it fixed locally, thought I might not get back across the border before my MX insurance expired IF the local shop didn't get it fixed by Saturday morning. They did, no problemo ($80), and I was underway by 1430 Saturday. But it was nice knowing I had an extra day if needed and the extra cost was piddling.

I'm wrenching my mule this weekend... some small issues here and there... my wife asked me: Are you sure you're going to travel? that bike looks like a scrap...
I answered: you see the black HD there at the corner? well, if I can't get the mule ready, I will go in the Harley... :)

Remember, I'm running Friday, a day later... I'm planning to cross early FRI all way to China, Montemorelos and there I will take Rayones way... it looks like there is a gravel road from Rayones to Galeana... hopefully not to difficult... remember, I'm originally a HD guy...

Anyone running late???

I'm wrenching my mule this weekend... some small issues here and there... my wife asked me: Are you sure you're going to travel? that bike looks like a scrap...
I answered: you see the black HD there at the corner? well, if I can't get the mule ready, I will go in the Harley... :)

Remember, I'm running Friday, a day later... I'm planning to cross early FRI all way to China, Montemorelos and there I will take Rayones way... it looks like there is a gravel road from Rayones to Galeana... hopefully not to difficult... remember, I'm originally a HD guy...

Anyone running late???

Anyone know of any "office hours" at the boarder to get our paper work completed on Wednesday? Want to make sure I'm there soon enough not to possible be closed.

board·er
noun
a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services.
a person who boards a ship during or after an attack.

:giveup: Sorry, I know that's grammar nazi but I couldn't resist :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back