• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert, ADV, and Dos y Dos Challenges Mar 19 - 22 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
J
Last Name
T
Anyone else heading to Balmoria Wednesday night?

Subcomm and I will be driving down from San Marcos to Terlingua Wednesday so we can ride Mexico Thursday.

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Shaddock
Registration is closed via snail mail. Paypal will be left open, but I won't have you on any lists. After right now, tee shirt will be large or X Large, no trophies. Best to bring a check to registration on Thursday (or Friday or Saturday breakfast as needed (6 - 9 AM at the Starlight Theater main and only dining room).

I'm shutting it down with 100 riders registered. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Hegarty
I rode 170 yesterday. Sweeper trucks have been very active and the road is much better than it was in December. The worst of the surface on the big hill itself has been redone since then too.

So glad to be the bearer of good news for a change!

M

mr-roboto

For those inclined to hit the pavement instead on Friday, let me know. I have a couple of guys who are going so far in our group.

...we might even go up to Ft. Davis and do the Star Party at 8:45 in the evening.

:clap:

RB

Reaction score
First Name
Nadeem
Last Name
Azhar
How much does this party cost? Remember I'm an x KLR owner! :eek2:

For those inclined to hit the pavement instead on Friday, let me know. I have a couple of guys who are going so far in our group.

...we might even go up to Ft. Davis and do the Star Party at 8:45 in the evening.

RB

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Moss
Heading out there today. We are gonna be putting around and spending some time in terlingua Wednesday and Thursday. And Solorider. Youre old KLR will be there if you want to take a stroll down memory lane. Haha

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff

RB

I might be in for that. Let's chat Thursday night!

Reaction score
First Name
Nadeem
Last Name
Azhar
That thing still running?! Almost more durable than a GS!:rider:

Heading out there today. We are gonna be putting around and spending some time in terlingua Wednesday and Thursday. And Solorider. Youre old KLR will be there if you want to take a stroll down memory lane. Haha

Reaction score
Looks like I am on the list twice, once with my name and at the bottom as my id SL350.

Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Loaded.

Three trailers, Three F350's, 9 bikes, 1 Expresso machine, and some of the craziest ole geezers west of the Sabine. ?

Terlingua, here we come.

JMZ

Reaction score
First Name
MONGO
Our bikes are loaded , ready, not at my house and I have no evidence to prove it :giveup: :lol2:

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
Plan to leave tomorrow morning with solorider.

This is the arrangement:
91184AD4-8F74-45E0-9091-0054B9F59BC3.png_zpsh1wxduyd.jpg

Reaction score
Plenty of rain leaving Houston this morning, free bike wash! Should be in ghost town by 4, beer in hand. :rider:

Reaction score
First Name
Edward O.
Last Name
Harrison
Thanks for the room tip "iceman jack" I got a room for fri-sat. If anyone has an extra space I need a spot for Thursday night. 512 663 5539. Eddie O

Reaction score
What is everyone thinking regarding the weather Saturday? Last I looked they were predicting thunderstorms in the morning, and I know it can get pretty hairy out there real quick with enough rain.

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Bell
Im here at study butte with the Ural. Wx is mostly cloudy and on the 60's. Drizzle most of the way. Im at chisos mining co after 4 with ron massey.

Reaction score
First Name
johnny
Last Name
Guerra
I'm sitting in my cube at work day dreaming about riding in BB....I'm hate u guys that are already there!

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Jeter
Thanks for the room tip "iceman jack" I got a room for fri-sat. If anyone has an extra space I need a spot for Thursday night. 512 663 5539. Eddie O

No problem Ed..............that was the only way I could get my deposit back! Haha The reason I didn't go was because I wanted to stay in Dallas so I could ride a vintage MX race this Sunday, which has been postponed for the last 5 weeks because of rain. Now guess what? It's frigging raining again! I can't seem to win for losing. Anyway enjoy and be sure and stay away from that JT dude! I hear he's trouble. ; )

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Everyone have a great time, be safe, and come back in one piece... :thumb:

Reaction score
First Name
Nadeem
Last Name
Azhar
The tires on my Ural are bald (ish), I'm going to bring along extra Russian gnarly knobbies just in case (courtesy of James Reed). I'm sure there'll be plenty people to "supervise" a tire swap.
If it does rain Friday like it's supposed to, it'll be a different experience. Never ridden in rain in BB before. I guess we'll find out if the Urals float!

Im here at study butte with the Ural. Wx is mostly cloudy and on the 60's. Drizzle most of the way. Im at chisos mining co after 4 with ron massey.

Status
Not open for further replies.