• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 9th Annual Uncle's Around the Bend, Feb 25th - 28th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be nice to go down that early. SWA must have been good with VC.
Having to move to DFW next week.

The Mudmullet (Crawford) and I (Jerry) are planning to make this trip. We missed it last year because we had just spent a week in BBNP. This year I have my 1979 CT 90 ready for the Dos y Dos. We will also bring along the WR's for Fri and Sat to just ride the park or the local trails. Would it be "BAD MANNERS" for Crawford to tag along with me and pick up the pieces? He would be "monitoring" and not doing the Dos y Dos unless it wouldn't hurt any feelings if he did sign up. We hope to see some of our RDS pals and meet new pals as well.

Rick on his DRZ400 rode along with me on my CT90 last year. No problem.

Glad to hear another CT90 rider is doing the DOS.

Mike

This will be my first trip to the Bend area. I,m planning on getting there Tuesday and leaving Sunday. I,ve read several ride reports, so I know I won,t be able to see everything in 5 days. Looking forward to meeting new people. My wife and I are leaving tomorrow for a vacation in Manzanillo for a few weeks. This will be my first trip to Mexico with out my motorcycle, I know I,m going to miss not having it there.

In along with my eldest son (JMQ2). Registration form has been completed for both of us and check will be going out with the AM mail. We are staying at the Chisos Mining Company Motel in Terlingua. When I made our reservations they still had rooms available if anyone is in need.

We will be riding the Desert Challenge Friday and as our trailblazer (jqueen) is unable to attend, our biggest challenge may be following the GPS track. Anyone out there that can follow a GPS track that wants to ride with a couple guys with extensive flat tire repair experience, (not always successful) and almost no sense of direction, we could be your Huckleberries. We rode the Desert challenge in 2013 and are familiar with the type riding we will be doing. While we are both capable of some pretty spirited riding, we would probably prefer a moderate to brisk pace. I will be on a DR650 and JMQ2 will be on a DR650, or a KLR650 or a TTR250 or something else.

Will be riding Saturday also. Paved or dirt.

I'm signed up and paid for the DS clinic and the desert challenge. My plan is to drive the camper out Wednesday and stay through Monday. BJ's was full so I have a spot reserved at the B. B. Resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will send a registration in next week and make some reservations...

My bikes have been idle in the garage for waaaay toooo long....im looking forward to some dirty adventures....

See yall soon....

I am not on the first post even though I paid two weeks ago and did the sign up sheet online. Am I missing something?

"Sign up" accomplished. Paypal on the way.

I had a question on how long the Desert Challenge is. In last year's info it said 195 miles but in an earlier post for this year it talked about a gas range of 120 miles (or does that assume refueling at Rio Grand Village or Panther Junction?)

Also does the Desert Challenge include Black Gap?
Thanks!

Still got this on my radar and have interest in the Desert Challenge. The Desert Challenge can be run solo as there will be a sweep? There is no re-fuel on that route, no?

Mike, you`ll need to get gas in Rio Grand Village, it`s about halfway about 80 miles.

Hmmm.. Not for sure yet. Pie run weekend. Anyone wanting to share a ride (my truck is not that reliable)? Interesting.

I have not been on this ride before, so wondering if this is an event to bring my Triumph Tiger 800, or Suzuki DRZ400?

I would prefer to bring the Tiger, since I will ride from the Dallas area.

Thanks in advance for the info, sounds like fun!

This will be my first trip to the Bend area. I,m planning on getting there Tuesday and leaving Sunday. I,ve read several ride reports, so I know I won,t be able to see everything in 5 days. Looking forward to meeting new people. My wife and I are leaving tomorrow for a vacation in Manzanillo for a few weeks. This will be my first trip to Mexico with out my motorcycle, I know I,m going to miss not having it there.

Welcome to the forum & looking forward to sing you there.
-Steve

I have not been on this ride before, so wondering if this is an event to bring my Triumph Tiger 800, or Suzuki DRZ400?

I would prefer to bring the Tiger, since I will ride from the Dallas area.

Thanks in advance for the info, sounds like fun!

Getting there, you'll be glad you're on the Tiger

Once you're there, you'll wish you were on the DRZ, unless your Tiger is the XC

Such is life

Either way, you'll have a great time. And :welcome: to twtex.com

There will be three of us old guys riding DRZs...two with gps. Usually at least one of us can keep from getting lost too bad. You definitely wouldn't have any trouble keeping us with us...not even real sure we will finish the desert challenge in the allotted time. In fact we may be holding you back, but you're welcome to ride along if you can't find a better offer!

Getting there, you'll be glad you're on the Tiger

Once you're there, you'll wish you were on the DRZ, unless your Tiger is the XC

Such is life

Either way, you'll have a great time. And :welcome: to twtex.com

Thanks for the welcome!

My Tiger is an XC, the 2015 model with ride modes and throttle mapping. Have only ridden some mild off road with it and it did fine, but tires are stock.

I take it the event itself features some good serious off-road, possible mud and sand, etc?

If that is the case, may have to bring the DRZ!

There will be three of us old guys riding DRZs...two with gps. Usually at least one of us can keep from getting lost too bad. You definitely wouldn't have any trouble keeping us with us...not even real sure we will finish the desert challenge in the allotted time. In fact we may be holding you back, but you're welcome to ride along if you can't find a better offer!

Thanks for the offer! May take you up on that.

So you will ride from DFW to Terlingua on the DRZ's? That will be epic! Are you thinking of taking 67 all the way down until you hit the turnoff to Marathon?

Just curious, what kind of tires will you guys be running?

Nope..I'm trailering all 3 bikes in from DFW. One of my buddies lives in CA. He is flying to El Paso...renting a car and driving over. I have Dunlop D606 on all 3 bikes.

Hi guys, I also signed up for the ride. Do you know if the GPS files for Friday and Saturday rides are available? Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back