• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 Pie Run schedule

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
here is the list for 2016

January 30th= Koffee Kup family restaurant, Hico

February 27th= Ponder steak house, Ponder

March 26th=== Tony's family restaurant, Sealy

April 30th === Texan Cafe & pie shop, Huto

May 28th==== The Apple store, Medina

June 25th==== Tiffany's at lake fork Marina, Alba

Bonus pie!! June 20th Oark General store Oark Arkansas
Camping base at Shores Lake Camp ground

July 30th===== Clear springs Restaurant, Nacogdoches

August 27th====Sam's Restaurant, Fairfield

September 24th==Walburg German Restaurant, Walburg

October 29th=== Murphy's steak house, Winchester

November 19th==Lucy's on the square, Celina

December 31st==Moosehead cafe, Crockett

Map of the destinations! courtesy of sKatZ (thanks! you rock!!)

Last edited:
Is there a "LIKE" button somewhere?

Keep on trucking, Leon. You're a durable and irreplaceable Pie Meister. Thanks. If possible, I will make the alternate pie run.

Looks like a lot of work went into that. I'm in for bonus pie and maybe one or two others. Thanks for what you do.

Well done, the map is really helpful, looks like I should be able to make 2 or 3 of them!!

Gary

Thanks Leon! :clap:

Here's a picture of the map, excluding Oark (for size):
g6OAjjH.png

Leon, I'm planning to attend the bonus pie run this year. I will be bringing an RV, so I want to go ahead and make reservations.

Is the date correct, Monday, June 27?

Leaving on a Saturday after pie, spending the night somewhere along the way and arrive Sunday afternoon? Is that right?

Any thoughts yet as to route and where along the way you would be staying?

actually that is not correct, :oops: due to various issues and thinking it through the bonus run date has been changed. I just totaly spazzed out and forgot to update it here.

the location is not that far and last year we departed from the regular pie run and were at the camp site well before dark, no need to stop along the way. with the revised date it allows everyone to get there early enough to get plenty set up and exploring in ahead of time.

shores lake camp ground is realy cool, how often do you get to camp at a civil war grave yard!:eek2:

actually that is not correct, :oops: due to various issues and thinking it through the bonus run date has been changed. I just totaly spazzed out and forgot to update it here.

the location is not that far and last year we departed from the regular pie run and were at the camp site well before dark, no need to stop along the way. with the revised date it allows everyone to get there early enough to get plenty set up and exploring in ahead of time.

shores lake camp ground is realy cool, how often do you get to camp at a civil war grave yard!:eek2:

I remain confused as to why the bonus pie is a week before the regular pie run and on a Monday. It doesn't matter to me because I am now off on Mondays. I'm going yo make reservations at a nearby RV park and just wanted to make sure I have the date correct.

So is your plan to spend the week in AR, then head back for the regular pie run? Or just stay a day or two, then head home and make a separate trip for the regular pie run?

Back