• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 Husky 701 Enduro $8200 sold

KsTeveM

Say When
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Pylant
I am selling my 2017 701, $8200, located in San Marcos, you can call or text me Steve 830-857-5033. I bought it from the original owner last year when it had 2800 miles, has 8700 now. The previous owner never offroaded it, not a scratch on the bike and was on original tires. I laid it down at a dead stop once in my travels, still no scratches or abuse. It is a super clean bike as I am pretty particular. I have used it for the typical gravel travel and hill country stuff around here and one trip last year on the NMBDR and one trip this year in Wyoming where I rode it for 3 days. Before that trip, which was last month, I bought new wheel bearings, but they looked good, I just repacked them. Bike comes with the new ones as spares. I put new tires and tubes on the bike right before that trip, 600 miles ago, the new Tusk Adventure tires, equivalent to MT21/D606. Put in a new lithium-ion $180 battery just in case as well. Changed the oil and filters, new air filter. I also bled the brakes completely and put new pads front and rear, stock pads are good for spare. During my Wyoming trip it started to run a little off, like a carb would at altitude. It was the internal fuel filter. I just put in a new Rottweiler Performance fuel pump and new internal/external filters today, runs like a striped ape. Also new spark plugs.

The bike has about $4K in extras:
Lynx fairing with the LED upgrade (it is really nice and bright), USB outlets, GPS cradle with Garmin Montana mount/power. KTM Powerparts handguards. Bar risers. Double take mirrors. Rally grips. AXP skid plate. Wings exhaust and carbon fiber guard. Perun rack, I also have the rear rack extension. I have a second set of plastics for the rear that I bought for my trip last month so I could attach bags directly to the plastics with no rack, I really liked this. But I also have Perun pannier racks. At this price I will also let it go with Wolfman Expedition bags that fit that rack along with a Giant Loop Fandango tank bag. Pic below showing those different racks/bags. Rade Garage 1.5 gallon aux tank under the seat. Vanasche fuel cap setup. Has the Seat Concepts Comfort XL. Has dongles for both ABS and kickstand. Also have a 14T front sprocket that gears it down a little, worked well for the BDR type stuff. Stock gearing is great for around here gravel travels and pavement. Shift case saver. Tail tidy with slim lights. I have all the stock stuff, light, skid plate, seat etc. At my asking price, I will also include a little tool roll that I have built up that works pretty well with this bike. I was religious with oil changes and documented it, also have the owner's manual and spare key.

I already have an offer from dealership for $6800 with all the good stuff stripped off and I get the tax break. This will just save me the hassle of stripping the bike down and trying to sell off the good bits over time. Plus someone would get a well dialed in ride. Give me a call if interested or text, Steve 830-857-5033. Some pics I just took:

1601150910688.jpeg

1601151056361.jpeg

1601151131911.jpeg

1601151162370.jpeg

1601151205136.jpeg

1601151243721.jpeg

pic from last year showing the pannier racks and saddle bags and tank bag.

1601151495366.png

Pic today after the new pump.

1601151721105.jpeg

Last edited:
GLWS. Great bike at a more than fair price. If it comes down to stripping off bits I’ll be watching. I have a ‘19 so don’t need the bike but bits are always good to have.

GLWS. Great bike at a more than fair price. If it comes down to stripping off bits I’ll be watching. I have a ‘19 so don’t need the bike but bits are always good to have.
Thanks, it is a great bike. I wish I could keep it, but just can’t justify it. It would probably sit most of the time. My 500 is the local trails bike that I ride with family and the future twin tourer will probably be my go to for typical adventure stuff round here. This is a great tweener bike or great for the person that can only swing one bike. Drinking beer staring at it right now, it’s doing its best to be spared and stay in the stable.

1601156134998.jpeg

I sure wish I lived somewhere that this made sense. That sucker is setup nicely.

Back