• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 90 people going i think I'm going to try to get cash at home to avoid waiting at an ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halfway thru 2 weeks in mexico. Amazing. Retracing Jalpan in the xbox with a dr in tow. Huasteca canyons, waterfalls, colonial towns, san mike, gto. ole chit batman!

Halfway thru 2 weeks in mexico. Amazing. Retracing Jalpan in the xbox with a dr in tow. Huasteca canyons, waterfalls, colonial towns, san mike, gto. ole chit batman!

Who do I need to have sign this 'ole chit batman' thing? XD

Wait...Most of the non military may not get this joke....:/

Our group of at least 5 from NC will be staying another 5 nights in MX after Mextrek ends with prob 2 or 3 nights in Real de Catorce for Day of the Dead.

Anybody else?

That sounds fun, you mind a Texan possibly tagging along?

Lee

Sorry. I'm sure there are instructions somwhere. Looking to order the ride guide. Anyone point me in Richard's direction?
Thanks!
------------------------------
All riders who don't already own one should order Richard's awesome $25 MexTrek ride guide - a 68 page, spiral bound guide, with three 11x17 topographical maps, and GPS route downloads. Order these direct from Richard (aka Trail Boss).

Just a reminder to everyone:

Dont call the hotels Magdalena or El Jardin to reserve a room, they are both fully booked by our group already, no vacanies available. And we are in the process of fully booking other hotels. For now, dont worry about accomodations, we are making arrangements for everyone. And there might be a group doing some camping on the west side of Potosi, still pending...

Sorry. I'm sure there are instructions somwhere. Looking to order the ride guide. Anyone point me in Richard's direction?

Thanks!

------------------------------

All riders who don't already own one should order Richard's awesome $25 MexTrek ride guide - a 68 page, spiral bound guide, with three 11x17 topographical maps, and GPS route downloads. Order these direct from Richard (aka Trail Boss).

You can order the MexTrek guide from my website: www.texasadventure.net

Hey Guys,

Long time no ride. In fact, my last adventure ride was MexTrek in October 2009...

I'm still not riding, but I talked to The Trail Boss himself, and I plan on attending MexTrek this year, but in my truck with the goal of doing some video work to help promote Texas Adventure.

I hope to work with a few riders to do some daily runs for footage and I can run the sweep on daily rides and carry extra fuel. Of course, I know everyone tends to be rather self-sufficient, but my truck will be available to haul in or out bikes/riders/gear. I may also consider pulling my trailer.

_DSF0006-M.jpg

There is also high chance I can get a story published in the OutdoorX4 Magazine that I frequently write for (Richard, we can discuss this option further).

Hope to see yall soon!

Scott, I know you are probably well equipped but if you need any extra cameras or a Mavic drone to help out with pictures or videos let me know.

Lee

Good looking Truck! I hope you can get a shot of me falling over once or twice! Jajaja
Vamos a ir a México!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Just registered and paid after stumbling across this thread. Took vacation and told the wife I will be attending. This will be my first adventure ride and I am really looking forward to it. I have a crf250l and a CB500x that is on the way. It should be here in a week. Just ordered RallyRaid stage 3 suspension and wheels for it and other adventure gear. I am tempted to take the CB500x. I guess after I get it built I'll do some test rides and decide which way to go. I think class 1 and 2 I'll be ok with. I have been off motorcycles for about 10 years so I am shaking the rust off. Anyway I look forward to meeting folks and stepping out into the unknown.

Just registered and paid after stumbling across this thread. Took vacation and told the wife I will be attending. This will be my first adventure ride and I am really looking forward to it. I have a crf250l and a CB500x that is on the way. It should be here in a week. Just ordered RallyRaid stage 3 suspension and wheels for it and other adventure gear. I am tempted to take the CB500x. I guess after I get it built I'll do some test rides and decide which way to go. I think class 1 and 2 I'll be ok with. I have been off motorcycles for about 10 years so I am shaking the rust off. Anyway I look forward to meeting folks and stepping out into the unknown.

Maybe ThomasM could help with your bike decision. He's ridden Mextrek, and a few more in depth mexico tours, on his stock CRF250L. Welcome Loren!!!

P

FYI, 100 riders is probably the limit. We're at 95 now. Keep signing up (and paying) as there are always some who drop out. As more hotels rooms in the area present themselves I'll bump up the limit. Sounds like we'll be doing a spring Mextrek is there is sufficient interest and nothing else interferes.

Peter

Out of curiosity - is there anyone signed up that was at the RawHyde training in Colorado last July? There were a good number of Texans there and I'm hoping to see some familiar faces on this ride.

Maybe ThomasM could help with your bike decision. He's ridden Mextrek, and a few more in depth mexico tours, on his stock CRF250L. Welcome Loren!!!

P

The Little Red Pig will be stock no more. Been trying to decide between buying a new 690 or upgrading the CRF250L. Just pulled the trigger on new suspension, intake, exhaust, 4.8 gallon fuel tank and a couple other bits for the Honda. That and the (THIRD) new rear subframe (reinforced this time) should hold me over til the KTM 700 twin or 390ADV comes out.

So, yes, smaller is better to a point. I hate having to think about fuel range and getting blown off the freeway (especially since my other bike is a 1200GSA), but once off the pavement, I still dig the 250. If it was a 350, it wouldn't be under constant threat of being turned into something orange. Now that it'll have a 200+ mile range and 4 or 5 more horses, it ought to be a really good MexTrek bike.

I've spent equal time in MX on both bikes, but for this one, the smaller one is the better choice for me, this time. There's enough riding there for about anything anyone wants to ride though.

The Little Red Pig will be stock no more. Been trying to decide between buying a new 690 or upgrading the CRF250L. Just pulled the trigger on new suspension, intake, exhaust, 4.8 gallon fuel tank and a couple other bits for the Honda. That and the (THIRD) new rear subframe (reinforced this time) should hold me over til the KTM 700 twin or 390ADV comes out.

So, yes, smaller is better to a point. I hate having to think about fuel range and getting blown off the freeway (especially since my other bike is a 1200GSA), but once off the pavement, I still dig the 250. If it was a 350, it wouldn't be under constant threat of being turned into something orange. Now that it'll have a 200+ mile range and 4 or 5 more horses, it ought to be a really good MexTrek bike.

I've spent equal time in MX on both bikes, but for this one, the smaller one is the better choice for me, this time. There's enough riding there for about anything anyone wants to ride though.

Very cool man. Can't wait to see it! Does anyone have anything planned in between now and MexTrek?

Are there any ruins /pyramids on the route/close by? I think it would be cool to check some out.

Is this strictly a DS event or are other street bike riders going to ride the roads around Galeana. I see that "3 or 4 street riders" are mentioned on the first page but no further mention unless I missed something.

(kicking myself now for selling the DR)

Is this strictly a DS event or are other street bike riders going to ride the roads around Galeana. I see that "3 or 4 street riders" are mentioned on the first page but no further mention unless I missed something.

(kicking myself now for selling the DR)
sure, there are paved routes that can be done. its not just offroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back