• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Texas Hill Country 500 - Nov 2-4, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did RawHyde Adventures Next Step this past February. I can help any Sunday. By the way I only dapped twice in “The Garage.” Had to toot my own horn for a minute. Seriously I can can set up The Garage if that is what you want. Secondly the logs should also be for the big bikes, done right they should have no problem. I can PM my number if you like.

Right on, that would be great to connect and talk through some options. I did a couple of quick Youtube's on RawHyde, very cool place, we don't have that much land, but I am sure we can come up with some fun and challenging sections.

My cell is five one two 4 0 6 one seven 9 6

I am going to have to cancel. My heart cath discovered that the blockages (4) require bypass surgery and the doctor also found a leaky valve that needs to be surgically repaired as well. So I will be releasing my room at Junction. No riding for a while. Surgery next week or the week after that one.

I am very sorry to hear all of that the cardiologist friend of mine told me if you’re going to have medical problems you better hope it’s the heart because they know how to work on that better than any other organ in the body wish you the best and a speedy recovery you could always come out Friday night and say hi at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to have to cancel. My heart cath discovered that the blockages (4) require bypass surgery and the doctor also found a leaky valve that needs to be surgically repaired as well. So I will be releasing my room at Junction. No riding for a while. Surgery next week or the week after that one.

Finding the problem and solution is the most difficult part in my business. Now that you know what's wrong, it will be corrected and you will start feeling better. Your on your way to a better life ;-)

I am very sorry to hear all of that the cardiologist friend of mine told me if you’re going to have medical problems you better hope it’s the heart because they know how to work on that better than any other organ in the body wish you the best and a speedy recovery you could always come out Friday night and say hi at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^. Hope you can come out and visit.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad you have a diagnosis and a treatment plan. This is likely but a temporary delay in your riding plan. Prayers and best wishes for a complete recovery.

Maybe the time change will allow an extra hour to drink ?

Jorge, be careful offering, I plan on being out every weekend up to the event getting things ready, if you are looking for a little manual labor I would be happy to find something for you to do :)

I also want to work on laying out some type of slow speed obstacle course that will be a little challenging for the bigger bikes then some things like log jumping for the smaller bikes. If anybody wants to help one of these weekends that would be great. I have a lot of railroad ties and a couple of downed trees I have been saving for this purpose.

There was someone on this site that attended the BMW Adventure training class and had the specs on how to lay it out, would be fun to see what they did.

I’m “local” and might be able to help set up the course, let me know.

I am gonna plan a winter ride, somewhere, anywhere to make up for me missing the last 4 months of the year of riding. Maybe the BBNP, or maybe South Texas. Just somewhere. I have had to clear my August, then September, and now October and November and I have a goal to ride on my birthday Dec 10th.

I just checked the registration page, we are up to 60 riders signed up, amazing !!! I also just discovered that there is a tee shirt available from a link within the registration page, great work, that is so cool.

Since the crowd has grown so large, I am going to make the executive decision to drop the shooting from the evenings list of activities. I just have a feeling there will be too much going on that this part of the program wont be 100% safe, so unless anybody really objects, lets leave this on the back burner for another time...

Getting excited, with all of the recent rains we have some lush green grasses perfect for camp fires, camping, cocktails, horse shoes and some slow riding / technical riding sections for those that don't drink too much :)

Will start the forecast speculation. here is today's guess from accuweather.com

Johnson city Nov 2nd

DAY
70°HI
RealFeel® 72°
Precipitation 6%
Partly sunny
Winds from the
SSE 6 mph
Gusts: 15 mph
Max UV Index: 4 (Moderate)
Thunderstorms: 0%
Precipitation: 0 in
Rain: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Ice: 0 in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 hrs

NIGHT
42°LO
RealFeel® 39°
Precipitation 25%
Partly cloudy
Winds from the
S 7 mph
Gusts: 15 mph
Max UV Index: N/A

If you have not seen the news, Junction has been flooded out. May be ok by the ride. I wish I could be with ya'll, but big surgery is Thursday, 4 bypasses and a heart valve. I'll be back riding soon , well when I feel better.

Since it was decided last week that the Friday night camp out will be catered, and that it should likely be gun free due to the size, can we get the first post edited? Also, I took the liberty of creating a FB event, and linked it to here. Feel free to share it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2333753033304764/

last time I rode the ET500 it was called the ET450!! Would love to ride it this year, but we will be exchanging contracts on our new house that weekend!! Hope to make it next year and maybe see some old faces from the Austin/Houston area!! Will probably drag the wife and her bike along as well!!

have fun..

Gary

Looks like I won't make the 500 afterall - going to do some riding at Barnwell for the weekend. That said a friend and I rode parts of Day 1 route then carved off to Comfort. - pavement with fun twisties. Stayed at Garner State Park and got woken up at 4:30 AM by the Park Rangers that we had to move to higher ground since we were tent camping along the lower level by the FRIO river. Come to find out the water was only 16 yards away from our bikes. Was all normal the evening before. Needless to say this was a crazy experience. I decided worst case I'd ride the bikes to higher ground and let all my camping gear go if I could not make it intime. We were packing like crazy. The Park Ranger came by 30 minutes later and said they believe the water peaked so that was encouraging. In anycase we kept packing up and left at 8:00 AM. We had plans to ride the 3 sisters but they were all shut down due to flooding. We decided to head to Utopia, Vanderpool, then took 87 past Lost Maples up to 39, then to Kerville (nice ride on 39 thru Hunt. Stopped for photo at Stone Henge 2 at Ingram). When we left Vanderpool the heavens open and it was a massive downpour all the way to Hunt. Soaked to say the least. Put the 1090r in Rain Mode and ole "snoopy" did great. Turned on the grip warmers since it was starting to get cold w/ soaked gloves (I really need to find a nice set of water proof gloves). Oh well. Always an adventure. Gave me a new respect for rain storms upstream. When we crossed the Frio on the way out to Utopia it was like a raging river and very wide w/ a ton of debris. Total opposite the day before where we were taking to tubers casually floating along the river. Ya'll have fun on the 500. I don't think you'll have any issues with dust.

Last edited:
Looks like I won't make the 500 afterall - going to do some riding at Barnwell for the weekend. That said a friend and I rode parts of Day 1 route then carved off to Comfort. - pavement with fun twisties. Stayed at Garner State Park and got woken up at 4:30 AM by the Park Rangers that we had to move to higher ground since we were tent camping along the lower level by the FRIO river. Come to find out the water was only 16 yards away from our bikes. Was all normal the evening before. Needless to say this was a crazy experience. I decided worst case I'd ride the bikes to higher ground and let all my camping gear go if I could not make it intime. We were packing like crazy. The Park Ranger came by 30 minutes later and said they believe the water peaked so that was encouraging. In anycase we kept packing up and left at 8:00 AM. We had plans to ride the 3 sisters but they were all shut down due to flooding. We decided to head to Utopia, Vanderpool, then took 87 past Lost Maples up to 39, then to Kerville (nice ride on 39 thru Hunt. Stopped for photo at Stone Henge 2 at Ingram). When we left Vanderpool the heavens open and it was a massive downpour all the way to Hunt. Soaked to say the least. Put the 1090r in Rain Mode and ole "snoopy" did great. Turned on the grip warmers since it was starting to get cold w/ soaked gloves (I really need to find a nice set of water proof gloves). Oh well. Always an adventure. Gave me a new respect for rain storms upstream. When we crossed the Frio on the way out to Utopia it was like a raging river and very wide w/ a ton of debris. Total opposite the day before where we were taking to tubers casually floating along the river. Ya'll have fun on the 500. I don't think you'll have any issues with dust.

It is those unusual rides we remember most , right :thumb:

Gang, I was just wondering for all of those planning to camp on Saturday night in Junction, what is the state of the facilities after the recent storm? From what I understand they took the worst hit from this past storm and the RV park is just gone from what I hear.

Gang, I was just wondering for all of those planning to camp on Saturday night in Junction, what is the state of the facilities after the recent storm? From what I understand they took the worst hit from this past storm and the RV park is just gone from what I hear.

Good question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back