• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Texas Hill Country 500 - Nov 2-4, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riders,

A friend just let me know about a road closure on our route for day 1. He tells me that High Water Road to Mill Dam Road is closed so I have made a minor change to the Day 1 route. I have moved the route from High Water Road to Skyline Road.

South of Comfort, TX, the route is now Big Joshua Creek Road west to Holiday Rd north to Skyline Rd west to Mill Dam Rd north.

I have upgraded the GPX files with the change and have also included the routes as tracks. Please go to the first post in this thread and download the updated gpx files.

Richard, you da man! Thanks for taking such good care of us. Nothing worse than a bunch of guys on motorcycles sitting in front of a road closed sign with no clue what to do. :)

As to help unloading your bike from the trailer, I do have ramps at the place and there are a couple of high and low spots that help. You can back your trailer upto a high point to help unload. Heck at the fairgrounds just up the road there is one of those big semi truck load/unload ramps (could make a natural jump)

Richard, you da man! Thanks for taking such good care of us. Nothing worse than a bunch of guys on motorcycles sitting in front of a road closed sign with no clue what to do. :)

As to help unloading your bike from the trailer, I do have ramps at the place and there are a couple of high and low spots that help. You can back your trailer upto a high point to help unload. Heck at the fairgrounds just up the road there is one of those big semi truck load/unload ramps (could make a natural jump)

Mike, considering this bunch of scofflaws, I know exactly what we would do :)

I'm really sorry to have to say this, we have been forward to this for months. But we have had a family emergency come up and want be able to make the ride. Have enough fun for us also.

If Mike can handle it, I would like to add a plus one for Friday night. I have updated the registration sheet. I don't think I'll be doing the ride, but I am planning on making this into a couples deal and bringing my wife down Friday. It looks like the weather will be ideal.

Please let me know if that will be a problem and I'm planning on making a donation via paypal this afternoon.

FWIW, I just canceled a reservation at the Junction Best Western if someone needs it for Saturday night.

Riders,

A friend just let me know about a road closure on our route for day 1. He tells me that High Water Road to Mill Dam Road is closed so I have made a minor change to the Day 1 route. I have moved the route from High Water Road to Skyline Road.

South of Comfort, TX, the route is now Big Joshua Creek Road west to Holiday Rd north to Skyline Rd west to Mill Dam Rd north.

I have upgraded the GPX files with the change and have also included the routes as tracks. Please go to the first post in this thread and download the updated gpx files.

Will the day one or two routes have significant water flowing over gravel or bedrock crossings?

Crew Chief, absolutely bring anyone you like, there will be plenty of food, beer, snacks, etc...

I can't really answer the water question, haven't ridden this route before, but if we hit anything that is a real problem we can simply go around...

There is plenty of room to leave a truck and trailer, right? Looking to trailer down Friday afternoon.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Yes, plenty or room and no worries about anybody bothering anything. We have great neighbors who will keep an eye out while we are away and some security cameras.

Awesome. We will see you there tomorrow.

I don’t have PayPal so I’m bringing cash
Also Mike are you still drinking that Tequila Hornitos white?? Or have other preferred one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Below is what I hope is a picture of the main part of the property.

The blue line is the main property line. When you arrive you will want to go past the address and make the left hand turn onto Trail Rock Rd. I will have a yellow arrow showing you the way. Continue down along the green line till you see an opening in the fence. Turn left again onto the property and follow the dirt trail to the old barn. There are several areas, but most people seemed to like the lower pasture down by the creek. There is alternate areas too, some with trees for hammocks, etc.

Don't feel like you need to be bunched up. You can also pull up, get out, ask, walk around first to see what is best for you. The food will be at the new barn, you can't miss it.

Also, be aware the upper area does have some rocks. The grass has been shredded, but use basic caution. Anything really big I will try to mark. Pickups won't have a problem, but low cars need to exercise proper judgement.

Hill%20Country%20500%20-%202018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I typically drink the reposado and have a nice new bottle to share with anybody willing :)

Im riding from Houston tomorrow, does anyone want to ink up anywhere along the route? Will be passing Austin as well.

d9MAFW1.png

Last edited:
If anybody is looking for a hotel room in Johnson City it looks like we have one that’s going to go unused and I’ll just cancel it if nobody is looking for one

Will the day one or two routes have significant water flowing over gravel or bedrock crossings?

I don't think the low water crossings will be an issue. I went for a long ride last weekend and while the low water crossings had water, they were all low and easily crossed.

If I'm wrong and one or more of the crossings are too deep to cross, I believe we can simply bypass them.

I think I am going to camp at the Llano campground the second night. The other guy that was coming has fallen ill and is not coming. Since I will have the gear already, may as well. Hope to see a few others there.

I think I am going to camp at the Llano campground the second night. The other guy that was coming has fallen ill and is not coming. Since I will have the gear already, may as well. Hope to see a few others there.
If you mean the state park, they are fully booked as of yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

We will be camping there as well.

I am staying at the one that looks like it was once a KOA. Waiting on a callback from them for availability.
If for some reason they don't have room, there are several riders in my group with sites at the state park that aren't currently sharing them with anyone. I'm sure we can find you some tent space.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just canceled my room in Junction at Best Western if anyone is needing a room. Have fun and safe trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back