• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Texas Hill Country 500 - Nov 2-4, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate cancelling on something, particularly so late in the game, but my son came home to visit. He's in the Army and came home for leave. So I'll be spending as much time as I can with him this weekend. Y'all have fun and have a safe ride.

Below is what I hope is a picture of the main part of the property.

The blue line is the main property line. When you arrive you will want to go past the address and make the left hand turn onto Trail Rock Rd. I will have a yellow arrow showing you the way. Continue down along the green line till you see an opening in the fence. Turn left again onto the property and follow the dirt trail to the old barn. There are several areas, but most people seemed to like the lower pasture down by the creek. There is alternate areas too, some with trees for hammocks, etc.

Don't feel like you need to be bunched up. You can also pull up, get out, ask, walk around first to see what is best for you. The food will be at the new barn, you can't miss it.

Also, be aware the upper area does have some rocks. The grass has been shredded, but use basic caution. Anything really big I will try to mark. Pickups won't have a problem, but low cars need to exercise proper judgement.

Hill%20Country%20500%20-%202018.jpg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEfkB9IkEltiastts6IXNGqdimrXQ

WOW mike didn't realize you had some on both sides of the creek and the road (frontage on the river), NICE !

What time were you thinking about serving dinner at the new barn? :bbq::eat::eat3::chug: :haha::party::photo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think dinner is going to be served about 7 PM but will be grilling some sausage a bit earlier for snacks and there’s plenty of food so will be there for those that show up later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy,
A friend wasn't able to sign up and make the ride so I have half a room in Junction available on Saturday night in case anyone wants to split it (Roadway Inn, Junction). I'll be riding up to Johnson City on Saturday morning for the start of the ride. Feel free to call or text me at 210-552-4080 if interested in splitting hotel room Saturday night.
Jay

Well, wife and I are back on for the ride. Had to have our dog put to sleep this morning. We need to get out of town for a few days. See y’all this afternoon.

Sorry to hear about you loss of a good friend.
Motorcycle's make the best therapy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If anyone wants a group to ride out with, some of us are meeting at the Texaco on Hamilton Pool Rd and RR 12 at 4:30.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Any LSU fans out there planning on watching the LSU/Bama game Saturday night? Wondering if there is a good spot for catching the game in Junction.

Well, wife and I are back on for the ride. Had to have our dog put to sleep this morning. We need to get out of town for a few days. See y’all this afternoon.

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Although I've been there and done that many times, it is never easy.

Geaux Tigers
Any LSU fans out there planning on watching the LSU/Bama game Saturday night? Wondering if there is a good spot for catching the game in Junction.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Matt that is a Bummer.

Mike I can’t remember if I took my name off the list, but I will be in Aggie Land all weekend, hate missing camping at your spread.

One of the riders in my group was going to try to get it on the radio. Not sure about the sports bar scene in Junction.

I'll pick-up a group in Waring (before Comfort) and plan to be there 9ish am before the first group goes through.

Don’t know how I missed this ride. Please post pics! Having a case of the miss outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back