• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Texas Hill Country 500 - Nov 2-4, 2018

These photos and video are great! Making my day going through those!

Thanks Mertl (spelling please )for pushing out of our comfort zone
It was well worth. View attachment 46052

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merle, so sorry for the misspelling of your name, my bad. I got my new avatar pic
Thanks to your good Idea.
I’ll put it up as soon as I can. IMG_8194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob made it on his GS Rally, but he's superman on that thing, so it doen't count, as far a I'm concerned :) He was the guy riding the trials course on it. We had to lug my Strom and Ian's Africa Twin to the other side. And we pulled all the luggage off the bikes.

Made it on a dr650 with our ride leader on a crf250 rally, before we lugged the other 4 bikes in the video across. Was a work out. Had an awesome day.

Great pics and videos.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike, i am one of the 2 guys. Harold Sims AKA hambone 334 and Laney Roseberry AKA
mississippi texan. We both enjoyed working around your place. Thanks again for letting everyone stay at your place, we all had a great time.

Here is the combined video. It is long but I wanted to use as much media as you all posted.

Click the youtube icon to watch at 720p if you want the 1080p version just pm me with your google drive email address and I will share it. It is almost 700 meg.

[ame="https://youtu.be/ezRxu7Vr7ZU"]https://youtu.be/ezRxu7Vr7ZU[/ame]

I need to add that I did not go around or over any posted barricades in the making of this video. As I am told the signs were on the side of the road an only used for the photo op. :)

Last edited:
Here is the combined video. It is long but I wanted to use as much media as you all posted.

Click the youtube icon to watch at 720p if you want the 1080p version just pm me with your google drive email address and I will share it. It is almost 700 meg.

Nice video. What drone are you using?

Many thanks to Mary and Mike. This was an awesome event,

Is anyone else having problems with their bike on the morning commute following the event? My DR is suffering with a serious "side-tracking" issue. I can't seem to pass up a rural road without it veering off for a little adventure. It really makes it difficult to get to work on time.

Check your back axle alignment. Probably shifted slightly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Many thanks to Mary and Mike. This was an awesome event,

Is anyone else having problems with their bike on the morning commute following the event? My DR is suffering with a serious "side-tracking" issue. I can't seem to pass up a rural road without it veering off for a little adventure. It really makes it difficult to get to work on time.
Sounds like a loose but behind the handle bars.

Karl

Back