• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 TORCS

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
Here are the TORCS Race Dates for 2018..

Round 1 - Jan 27
(rain date) - Feb 3
Round 2 - Feb 17
(rain date) - Mar 3
Round 3 - Mar 24
Round 4 - Apr 14
(rain date) - Apr 28
Round 5 - May 19
(rain date) - June 2
Round 6 - June 23
(rain date) - June 30
Round 7 - Sept 8
(rain date) - Sept 15
Round 8 - Oct 6
(rain date) - Oct 13
Round 9 - Nov 3
(rain date) - Nov 10
Round 10 - Dec 1
(rain date) - Dec 8

Little cleaner to read.

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
Round 1 - Jan 27 : Revs; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - Feb 3
Round 2 - Feb 17 : Knesek Ranch, Rockdale; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - Mar 3
Round 3 - Mar 24 : Zars Ranch, Floresville; Bikes Only
Round 4 - Apr 14 : TBA
(rain date) - Apr 28
Round 5 - May 19 : Goertz Ranch, Rockne; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - June 2
Round 6 - June 23 : TBA
(rain date) - June 30
Round 7 - Sept 8 : Coushatte Ranch, Bellville
(rain date) - Sept 15
Round 8 - Oct 6 : Spoaks MX, Lockhart; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - Oct 13
Round 9 - Nov 3 : Rally Ranch, Dale; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - Nov 10
Round 10 - Dec 1 : TBA; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - Dec 8

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
Don't see Sterling Ranch yet???? If that doesn't happen it's basically a Bastrop race series, not good for us Houston gents.

Don't see Sterling Ranch yet???? If that doesn't happen it's basically a Bastrop race series, not good for us Houston gents.
For us in the Beaumont area long drives are just SOP. Enduros 8-11 hrs typically. We have two defunct golf courses in our area that would make awesome HS sites but the TORCS mgt says they can't get the Austin core group to travel much or they whine and stay home.

masterblaster

Forum Supporter
I am bringing my toy hauler over there should have a spot to sleep on the bench bed if you want to stay over night.

Yes absolutely. I was trying to make a back-handed comment more about us dirt bike riders (me included).
I know. Lol
Myself I have no problem hauling the bike a good distance. I go farther buying and picking up bikes. My problem is being a cheapskate. Very hard for me to part with $50+ for fees and/or membership to race. But for racing the enduros and hare scrambles are probably the best bang for your buck. At least you get to ride for an hour or more unlike MX which gets you practice laps and 2 or 3 short motos.

Rsquared

Un-Supervised Slacker
Forum Supporter
I entered but have no idea if I'm going or not. Nothing to do with weather, just not "feeling" it.:giveup:
Mason's on his way there. I signed up, but like you, I'm just not feeling it either.

retrorider

Forum Supporter
Course was pretty good today aside from a few large sand whoops and a couple muddy sections that were easily avoided. Can't say I'm a fan of so many cut off tree trunks in the racing lane, even though they did a good job of identifying them by painting them orange. I have a problem with target fixation... lol.

Weather was perfect. I made a last minute decision to race, working on the bike until 11:30 last night then leaving SA at 7 this morning to get there in time to register and get at least one lap of practice. Hadn't been on the bike since December '16.

I ran out of gas, literally, about 1/4 mile from the finish on the last lap. Luckily it happened in a section of creek bed that ran parallel to the road. I was able to walk the 100 or so yards to the truck, get the fuel jug, walk back to the bike, put the half-gallon left in the jug in the bike, ride back to the truck to drop off the jug, ride back to the point where I exited the course and finish the race. I'm pretty certain I was last in class (since the start) and most probably last overall, but at least I got the satisfaction of finishing.

I don't normally race Sunday classes so the course was more beat up then I'm used to but still a fun day overall and I'm glad I went.

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
Was just reminded about KTM contingency money, between that and Rocky Mountain gas cards, 290 bucks for the year, sweet for an old man. And a sweet jacket!

Attachments

Last edited:

masterblaster

Forum Supporter
Anyone going to this on Sat?

Round 1 - Jan 27 : Revs; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - Feb 3
Round 2 - Feb 17 : Knesek Ranch, Rockdale; Bikes and SXS
(rain date) - Mar 3
Round 3 - Mar 24 : Zars Ranch, Floresville; Bikes Only
Round 4 - Apr 14 : TBA
(rain date) - Apr 28