• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - October 10-13

pacman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I'm putting together a slightly last minute trip to Eureka Springs this October 10-13. This will be very similar to the trips I've done to the area in the past. Read the planning thread here and the trip reports here.

Who: Like last year, I'll take point on this rally. If you have any questions or comments post up in this thread or send me a PM if you'd like. If you have complaints, PM Tourmeister.;)

What: This is basically some riding enthusiasts getting together to ride some beautiful roads for a few days. What it ISN'T is timed stages, organized competitive events, or any of the organized activities you might normally associate with a motorcycle rally. The only organized activities will be the accommodations, the actual routes we ride each day, and one group meal together (assuming I can get a space large enough at the restaurant). This "rally" is all about the riding!

My routes for the 2 days of riding will be 99% paved, but as always, feel free to ride dirt on your own or with a group if you want. If someone would like to step up and take charge of organizing a dirt ride I welcome it.

When: October 10-13. We'll return to a 4 day format this year: 2 days of riding with a day for travel on either end. Of course, you can arrive or leave whenever you'd like:

Hotel:
Bavarian Inn Lodge
325 W Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
https://goo.gl/maps/YzTkCePB4bF6zEr97

I've blocked 5 rooms so far:
3 - Single Queen $82/night
1 - Double Queen $102/night
1 - King Mini Suite $112/night

More king mini suites are available if we fill up, and a few more queen rooms might become available in September depending on another groups turnout.

I wanted to do all single/double queens but this (along with everyone else in town) was all they had left.

Call the hotel at 479-253-8128 and speak to Joanne. The block is held under Two Wheeled Texans. She said she's there pretty much every morning.

FYI to you guys and anyone else on the fence, Bavarian Inn will release the rooms back to the public for reservations on September 7.

I will post more details here as it becomes available.

If you're in post up here and start a roll call. Also let me know if you reserve a room from the block so that I can keep track of what we have left.

Last edited:
Roll Call

In

1. pacman
  2. ms. pacman
  3. jcvccase
  4. Multisurface Rider
  5. Tuco
  6. JD Bagley
  7. JD Bagley spouse
  8. JDB Friend
  9. JDB Friend
  10. danbryant
  11. danbryant spouse
  12. faaengr
  13. faaengr spouse
  14. Skup

Maybe
MCRyder
+son
sodapop
MacDaddy
Jarrett
pdef
MotoCyclops
JohnK
+1

Last edited:
According to ancient Two Wheeled Texans lore, when traveling to Eureka Springs, dining on various forms of grilled, broiled, or roasted meats at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant is ritual that must be observed to obtain the favor of the motorcycling gods. The ritual also includes the consumption of various forms of fermented and/or distilled beverages, which will be even easier this time since all one must do to get back home after imbibing is stagger across the parking lot to your room. Don't worry, if you prefer to not partake, I will consume your beverage for you (just to keep the gods happy, you know).

Where:
The Bavarian Inn Restaurant (literally across the parking lot from the hotel)
325 W Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
https://goo.gl/maps/uXJsyc8XZ232

When:
Friday, October 11, 7:00pm

Important information needed from everyone:

Are you planning on having the duck??

The Roast Duck is a specialty at the Bavarian Restaurant, and it is delicious. Please review the menu and let me know if you plan to order either the 1/4 roast duck, or the 1/2 roast duck (the 1/2 duck is not on the menu, but available. If you want a whole duck, order 2 ;) ). They only roast a certain number each day and need to know in advance so they don't run out.

http://restaurant.eurekaspringsinn.com/dinner-menu/

Dinner Roll Call (for reservation purposes)
  1. pacman
  2. Ms pacman
  3. jcvccase
  4. Multisurface Rider
  5. Tuco
  6. JD Bagley
  7. JD Bagley Spouse
  8. JDB Friend
  9. JDB Friend
  10. danbryant
  11. danbryant spouse
  12. faaengr
  13. faaengr
  14. Skup

Last edited:
Definitely interested. My son an I have been wanting to take a return trip up to Arkansas for awhile now. Thanks for organizing pacman.

Last edited:
Post #3 updated with details about dinner Friday night. :eat:

Definitely interested. My son an I have been wanting to take a return trip up to Arkansas for awhile now. Thanks for organizing pacman.

Hope you guys can make it. I'll put you on the maybe list for now. Let me know when you're definite.

I think I have some conflicts with that date. I'm very sad it looks like I'm going to miss this one. Maybe something with change. 😰

I REALLY want to get my new bike back up there, so this is interesting, but I'm not sure I have enough vacation days left at this point.

I will know better by the end of September.

I think I have some conflicts with that date. I'm very sad it looks like I'm going to miss this one. Maybe something with change. 😰

That just won't do. Just remind everyone in your life that this trip is more important than everything else. :sun:

I REALLY want to get my new bike back up there, so this is interesting, but I'm not sure I have enough vacation days left at this point.

I will know better by the end of September.

Hope you make it Jarrett. Remember, it's only 2 days of PTO - unless you work weekends too.

What's the new bike?

Pacman,
Sorry I will miss this one. The other two were a lot of fun.
El Chamiso

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Very interested. Got some trips in September, it’ll come down to how much budget is left.

Hope you make it Jarrett. Remember, it's only 2 days of PTO - unless you work weekends too.

I wish this was closer. I really enjoyed the roads in that area when I came through a couple of years ago, but it would be 4 days of PTO for me unless I did a SaddleSore on either end. :-(

Bavarian.png

I wish this was closer. I really enjoyed the roads in that area when I came through a couple of years ago, but it would be 4 days of PTO for me unless I did a SaddleSore on either end. :-(

View attachment 241036

Oof that's a long way. Don't blame you for sitting this one out.

I really thought hard about going to NM for this trip. Maybe next time.

I'm a maybe for now. If there is a contingent riding from D/FW, I may trailer up there the first day and then ride with a group.

Or trailer the whole way, I don't know. Gotta get a new tire and get some suspension work done between now and then.

I'm a maybe for now. If there is a contingent riding from D/FW, I may trailer up there the first day and then ride with a group.

Or trailer the whole way, I don't know. Gotta get a new tire and get some suspension work done between now and then.

Got ya on the list.

I will most likely trailer again this year, because I like to have a trailer at the hotel to use for bike recovery in the event of a breakdown or crash. If I can get the same trailer I had last year it holds 2 bikes so I'll have a spot available to anyone who wants it.

Back