• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - October 10-13

Forgot to ask, will you guys be joining us for dinner Friday night?
If we say yes, and then change plans, would that be ok. Our friend that has a house there might be there and might not. We may have dinner with him if he's in town but would be fun to visit with the group if not.

If we say yes, and then change plans, would that be ok. Our friend that has a house there might be there and might not. We may have dinner with him if he's in town but would be fun to visit with the group if not.

Shouldn't be a problem. Just need a head count for the reservation. Downsizing is always easier than adding more.

Unfortunately just cancelled my room and my attendance for this event. We thought our friends were coming to visit next weekend but it turns out it's the weekend of this event (we thought they were coming for the first weekend of ACL).

Anyhow, a single room opened up.

Next time Pacman 🙏

Unfortunately just cancelled my room and my attendance for this event. We thought our friends were coming to visit next weekend but it turns out it's the weekend of this event (we thought they were coming for the first weekend of ACL).

Anyhow, a single room opened up.

Next time Pacman 🙏

Sorry to hear that Jorge! We'll catch you next time.

Room update: Bavarian Inn currently has TWO - Double Queen Rooms @ $102.00 plus tax, nightly, available as of this posting.

Joanne also mentioned she has a couple of reservations for the same nights as our group but no mention of them being with TWT. If it's you please let me know so I can keep an accurate headcount.

I'm in, reservation made.

One, maybe two for dinner. No duck. I'll update dinner number when she decides.

From my home in Temple, Mr Google says it'll take 8 hours to get to Eureka Springs using nearly all interstate highways. Google is always optimistic...more like 10 hours I reckon. I'd like to meet up and ride with someone(s) going in that direction, if the timing, route, etc works out.

I'd be happy to ride with you but I'll most likely be trailering up. I always take a trailer on these group rides that we have a rescue vehicle back at home base should we need it.

In the past I've unloaded and ridden from Mena or Anderson up to ES on 23, and will probably do that again (my wife drives the truck/trailer the rest of the way). I'd be happy to meet up somewhere along the way.

I'd be happy to ride with you but I'll most likely be trailering up. I always take a trailer on these group rides that we have a rescue vehicle back at home base should we need it.

In the past I've unloaded and ridden from Mena or Anderson up to ES on 23, and will probably do that again (my wife drives the truck/trailer the rest of the way). I'd be happy to meet up somewhere along the way.

Sounds good, and smart to have a rescue vehicle.. I see Mena on the map but not Anderson. May be a little difficult to time our arrivals somewhere without one or the other waiting around a bit. Let me know which route you intend to take from Burleson.

Looks like we have a good sized DS group forming up. Anyone have any good DS routes planned?

I grabbed a route segment off AdvRider, doctored up a bit to start/end in ES. I've not ridden ANY of it so don't know level of difficulty. Rough guess is ~40% off pavement. 161 miles in total. If anyone would be interested, I might be too; I can take it or leave it.

It would be a shame to be that close to Pea Ridge National Military Park and not stop.
It's not a drive-by kind of place, though. At a very quick pace, it'll take an hour or more to cruise through it.

But it's an interesting place to visit to learn about a key civil war battle.

I grabbed a route segment off AdvRider, doctored up a bit to start/end in ES. I've not ridden ANY of it so don't know level of difficulty. Rough guess is ~40% off pavement. 161 miles in total. If anyone would be interested, I might be too; I can take it or leave it.

View attachment 244365
for sure, pretty new to the whole road parts, but the guys I'm coming up with i bet would be interested in some dirt sections. but really going to wing it and find the fun.
we'll be there Thursday night and riding Friday and Saturday, if this ride rolls then i bet we're game.

for sure, pretty new to the whole road parts, but the guys I'm coming up with i bet would be interested in some dirt sections. but really going to wing it and find the fun.
we'll be there Thursday night and riding Friday and Saturday, if this ride rolls then i bet we're game.

Here is the file of the route, if you and your buds wish to take a closer look.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• AR500 Day 3 modified.gpx
    364.8 KB · Views: 205
Last minute consideration for me. May be able to swing time off.
Would trailer most likely.
My first time to explore Ark on moto.

Question for the pavement riders attending: Is this spirited riding group with an emphasis on max miles covered each day, or a more speed limit pace, and stopping to smell the roses - sights, etc?

Trying to get an idea of whether I would be compatible with any of the group rides.

Thanks.

Question for the pavement riders attending: Is this spirited riding group with an emphasis on max miles covered each day, or a more speed limit pace, and stopping to smell the roses - sights, etc?

Trying to get an idea of whether I would be compatible with any of the group rides.

Thanks.
I am taking my Africa Twin and my wife is gonna ride two up with me so I will not be going my usual spirited pace 8) Hopefully Pacman will post tracks of the route. Then if you have a GPS that you are familiar with using you can ride at any pace.

Thanks.

As you've already seen, there will most likely be several small groups to choose from. I typically lead a group of "moderately spirited" riders. By that I mean I do enjoy a quick pace, but I'm generally not exceeding the limit by more than 20% or so - I just try not to slow down much for the curves, if at all. If you've ever read "The Pace" by Nick Ienatsch ( https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace/ ), it's a decent example of my typical ride except I'm nowhere near the rider that Nick is, so my "Pace" is a few notches down from his.

Also, it cannot be stressed enough: Everyone in a group ride must ride their own pace. Don't worry about losing the group. We will wait for you at the next course change. This is another reason I try to split riders up in to smaller groups of similar paced riders. But even if you're slower than your group, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Seriously , we'll wait for you. If anyone has a problem with that they shouldn't be doing group rides.

I'll be posting tracks in the next couple of days. I strongly encourage everyone who wants to use them to download them in advance and test them on your nav device of choice. Trying to download and install them on the morning of the ride is bound to cause you all kinds of angst.

As you've already seen, there will most likely be several small groups to choose from. I typically lead a group of "moderately spirited" riders. By that I mean I do enjoy a quick pace, but I'm generally not exceeding the limit by more than 20% or so - I just try not to slow down much for the curves, if at all. If you've ever read "The Pace" by Nick Ienatsch ( https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace/ ), it's a decent example of my typical ride except I'm nowhere near the rider that Nick is, so my "Pace" is a few notches down from his.

Also, it cannot be stressed enough: Everyone in a group ride must ride their own pace. Don't worry about losing the group. We will wait for you at the next course change. This is another reason I try to split riders up in to smaller groups of similar paced riders. But even if you're slower than your group, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Seriously , we'll wait for you. If anyone has a problem with that they shouldn't be doing group rides.

Pacman - thanks for responding.
I am very familiar of group riding theory and philosophy and with "ride your own ride" ---- My belief is that it is a good idea to check in with groups prior to decision day to see what the overall interests, expectations, styles are. I would recommend that anyone considering a group ride with people they do not know do this beforehand, and I see this question commonly asked on forums and emails.

Regardless of all of that - no rooms left at the hotel - which I knew was likely.
No interest in staying at a separate location.

Have fun - be safe.

Back