• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - October 10-13

Weather forecast lookin good....

View attachment 244455

I'll take that any day of the week! :rider: :rider: :rider:

Pacman - thanks for responding.
I am very familiar of group riding theory and philosophy and with "ride your own ride" ---- My belief is that it is a good idea to check in with groups prior to decision day to see what the overall interests, expectations, styles are. I would recommend that anyone considering a group ride with people they do not know do this beforehand, and I see this question commonly asked on forums and emails.

Regardless of all of that - no rooms left at the hotel - which I knew was likely.
No interest in staying at a separate location.

Have fun - be safe.

D-Man - sorry to hear you couldn't get a room. Another option you might consider is splitting a room. Most of the rooms in our block have 2 queen beds and someone might be willing to take a roommate.

Also, even though it's a separate location, the Brackenridge Lodge is only a few hundred feet away on Van Buren, so it would ALMOST be like staying in the same place.

Just got back yesterday from a week riding the area. Rivers and creeks are low and not much rainfall. Anything offload is really dusty so be prepared. Weather should be Awesome. Sounds like a real HOOT!

I can help with the room. I'm calling in the morning to cancel. I missed an announcement about a mandatory work meeting on Friday.

I can help with the room. I'm calling in the morning to cancel. I missed an announcement about a mandatory work meeting on Friday.

Single or double?

I’m looking into heading there sans girlfriend but would like to split the cost of a room if possible.

Double. Joanne at the desk told me she would change it to a single if one came available. I never heard from her so I assume it's still a double.

Of all the reasons one might have to cancel a riding trip, that one has to be the most painful. Sorry dude.

Double. Joanne at the desk told me she would change it to a single if one came available. I never heard from her so I assume it's still a double.

Sorry you have to cancel.
Thanks for the heads up. I will call in the morning. Maybe Ocho and I can share it.

Good deal, I'll add you to the reservation - no duck. :rider:
as of right now it's 4 of us, with another couple setting plans, but not there yet.
I'm pretty sure we'll be doing the dinner, a mans gotta eat right. not sure about the duck thing, so just regular menu will do just fine.
thanks
I'm in. Will be tagging along with JD. Will have my wife with me, but she probably won't be riding. We will do dinner, but no duck. Also on a KLR.

Jerry

yeah, because I have no one to blame but myself. The info was there, i just missed it

I'm in. Will be tagging along with JD. Will have my wife with me, but she probably won't be riding. We will do dinner, but no duck. Also on a KLR.

Jerry

Glad to have you Jerry. The great thing about Eureka is there's plenty to do around town while we ride - if your credit card can handle it!

OP updated. If I missed adding anyone to the roster please let me know. I want to make sure Bavarian has pretty accurate headcount for dinner.

Got the room released this morning.
Ocho and I are coming up together and will share the room.

I am in for dinner Friday. No duck.
Assuming Ocho is in too but will let him confirm.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and my first time to ride in Arkansas.

No duck for me.

Thanks for booking the room!

Got the room released this morning.
Ocho and I are coming up together and will share the room.

I am in for dinner Friday. No duck.
Assuming Ocho is in too but will let him confirm.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and my first time to ride in Arkansas.
No duck for me.

Thanks for booking the room!

Glad that worked out for y'all

Here's the route I'll be riding on Friday. This is about 320 miles of mostly paved roads, with just a few miles of well groomed dirt roads. The dirt sections are easily bypassed.
day 1.jpg

There's also an alternate all-dirt route that bypasses The Pig Trail to get back to Eureka Springs. It's about 70 miles long and I doubt I'll wrestle my fat pig down that much dirt.
alternate dirt.jpg

I can also provide the other file formats shown here. Let me know if you need it.
furkot formats 2019-10-05 152632.jpg

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Alternate_Dirt_Route_Back_to_ES.gpx
    112.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 2019_TWT_Fall_Rally_Day_1___320mi.gpx
    462.8 KB · Views: 250
Someone give those .gpx files a try on their nav system. The twtex GPX viewer doesn't seem to like them. The .trp versions work great on CoPilot running on an Android device.

Last edited:
I think the 320 mile track might have too many way points for the TWT GPX viewer.

Here's the route I'll be riding on Friday. This is about 320 miles of mostly paved roads, with just a few miles of well groomed dirt roads. The dirt sections are easily bypassed.
View attachment 244568

There's also an alternate all-dirt route that bypasses The Pig Trail to get back to Eureka Springs. It's about 70 miles long and I doubt I'll wrestle my fat pig down that much dirt.
View attachment 244569

I can also provide the other file formats shown here. Let me know if you need it.
View attachment 244570

GPX viewer

GPX viewer
THANKS FOR POSTING! Will there be a Saturday ride track?

Here's what I have for Day 2. Again, this is mostly paved, but there might be a few miles of dirt road here and there. I'm not as familiar with Missouri but I want to branch out and try some new stuff.
day 2.jpg

And an alternate to get around Sparta and Ozark, but does involve more dirt roads.
day 2_alt.jpg

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2019_TWT_Fall_Rally_Day_2___300mi.gpx
    544.7 KB · Views: 276
Rain overnight Thursday night into Friday morning. Might be a late start Friday morning with a slightly shorter route. We'll play it by ear.

Yeah, and it's going to be dang cold Sat morning. :eek2: It'll give the cold and rainy riding gear a good test. Given all that rain I'm a bit skeptical about doing any off pavement stuff; we'll see.

I'll bring a deck of cards, if we need to pass the time...

Back