• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY 2019 Harvest Classic

jfink

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Fink
The Harvest Classic, in Luckenbach, is Oct 18th and 19th this year. As we have done in previous years, some of us are going up and staying at the River Inn Resort.

The River Inn Resort
2960 Hwy 39, Hunt, TX 78024
Local: 830.238.4226 | Toll: 800.841.0501
gm@riverinnresort.com

I thought I would throw this out for everyone. I have made arrangements there for rooms at half price. If you are interested please let them know you are with Joe Fink. I am not certain how many rooms remain, but this is good until they are sold out.

DETAILS
Vehicles or motorcycles are welcome, there is parking available. I am heading up on the 16th and staying until the 20th. No organized rides, riding is at your own leisure, although some folks group up. Generally, most don't buy the Harvest Classic event tickets offered, through the web site. Just a day pass at the gate, for the day we actually ride over to Luckenbach, which is usually Saturday. Friday is usually dedicated to riding the three sisters, the river road, hwy 16 to Medina, etc.

There are no restaurants near the Resort, so riding/driving into Kerrville or cooking your own meals are the choices. Each unit is equipped with a kitchen, plates, silver ware, etc. and there are numerous charcoal BBQ grills. Again all the supplies must be brought. Evenings are generally spent around the fire, perhaps with adult beverages, discussing matters of deep importance. Firewood is provided free.

Some of us may be interested in the pursuit of "another" World Series ring. There is a large screen TV in the family room and smaller TV's in the individual units. WiFi is also available, but cellular service is very sketchy.

Hope to see some of you up there.

Well, it is looking like it might be just me and Daniel. Beth got messed up on the dates when I called to see if we had that weekend free. Turns out that the girls all have other stuff going on that weekend that they can't really miss. We will be heading out Thursday.

Sorry Beth, Sarah and Rachel can't make it. Looking forward to seeing you and Daniel.

Room already booked, and looking forward to doing some riding with you guys again.

You are on your own for getting to the River Inn, but I have included below a couple routes once there. These were done on Basecamp maps version 2020.2 but also included are the tracks converted from these routes. Hopefully, one of them will work for you.

The first route for Friday, is a somewhat modified 3 Sisters, which includes The Lost Maples Cafe for lunch (I like that place). The second is a loop to Luckenbach on Saturday for the Harvest Classic then up through the Willow City Loop for wildflower viewing, etc. If anyone wants to stay in Luckenbach longer and not do the remaining loop, perfect! We did these routes somewhat the last time in 2017, but ended up cutting it a bit short to get back to watch the Astros. I really, REALLY hope we have to do that again!!!

I plan to ride the Goldwing so I hope to make these rather mellow. I understand if mellow isn't what you have in mind, which is why I included the routes here. Ride your own pace and wherever you like, I am including these for your convenience. See you up there!!!

Attachments

• 2019HarvestClassic.gdb
    243.5 KB · Views: 240
You are on your own for getting to the River Inn, but I have included below a couple routes once there. These were done on Basecamp maps version 2020.2 but also included are the tracks converted from these routes. Hopefully, one of them will work for you.

The first route for Friday, is a somewhat modified 3 Sisters, which includes The Lost Maples Cafe for lunch (I like that place). The second is a loop to Luckenbach on Saturday for the Harvest Classic then up through the Willow City Loop for wildflower viewing, etc. If anyone wants to stay in Luckenbach longer and not do the remaining loop, perfect! We did these routes somewhat the last time in 2017, but ended up cutting it a bit short to get back to watch the Astros. I really, REALLY hope we have to do that again!!!

I plan to ride the Goldwing so I hope to make these rather mellow. I understand if mellow isn't what you have in mind, which is why I included the routes here. Ride your own pace and wherever you like, I am including these for your convenience. See you up there!!!

Excellent! Thanks for sharing, Joe. So far, looking like we'll be watching baseball as well... Go 'Stros!

Plan on heading up but maybe just for Saturday with my older son, he’ll be on his rebel 500 cruiser and I’ll be on the trusty KLR. Hope to see some twt folks this time

Shoot, I haven't missed this in several years, but have plans to go to the brew at the zoo in Waco with my wife.

Shoot, I haven't missed this in several years, but have plans to go to the brew at the zoo in Waco with my wife.

Sorry you can't make it Rusty. Brew at the Zoo, eh? Looks like you will have to just tough it out. Nothing funnier than a drunk gorilla, that's what I say. Avoid the term, "hold my beer and watch this!" I got a million of them, I'm here all week.

I wish I could make it this year. Too many other things I have committed to that weekend. Such a GREAT cause and a bunch of interesting stuff and fun. Who is the band this year? You all have a GREAT time!

I wish I could make it this year. Too many other things I have committed to that weekend. Such a GREAT cause and a bunch of interesting stuff and fun. Who is the band this year? You all have a GREAT time!

Sorry you can't make it. I think the band is supposed to be a ZZ Top tribute band, but I have never gone to listen to the band. Maybe this time?

Daniel has Strep throat. He got the shot this morning. He is usually better in a few days, so hopefully we will still be good to go by Thursday.

I ordered a new front tire for my GS last week from RMATV. It should have been here last Thursday. It never showed... I don't think my current front will last getting there and back, so I may throw the GS in the back of my truck. Hopefully it will last for two relatively easy days of cruising around the Hill Country.

Scott we will be near creek in M/C camping area. Welcome to camp in our area. Not taking cooking stuff just eat there and tacos out of small ice chest.. Porta potty doors slamming makes a long night. I love Harvest Classic a true family event for a good cause.

Get Scott to try this on the GS, lol! One of my friends says it easy, not to me. Of course on a proper trials bike.

Don't know the guy in the pic personally but he's a darn good trials rider. Seen him at the last couple of events up here in N Texas.

How did Luckenbach Texas Willie and Waylon etc etc get started basically as a trials riding "Mecca"

Leaving tomorrow morning and trying a new route from Conroe to Kerrville. Generally, I head south, but will try a more Northern loop this time.

i0pFSmmNdm7ZPn_hQtnKPguA_IQ8Lk4fu9wjI=w812-h505-no.jpg

looks like a full day!

Not that bad. 6 hours plus or minus. I get to try out a couple new roads to me (166 and 908), on the other side of College Station. I am meeting Chuck in Kerrville at 5p so I will probably start about 9:00a. Wish you could make it up.

Back