• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 Honda CB1300 Bol D'Or

I guess what I really like about the Honda is the larger more wrap around fairing.....more than a headlight fairing but not covering the entire bike.

I guess what I really like about the Honda is the larger more wrap around fairing.....more than a headlight fairing but not covering the entire bike.
Yeah , like the old Vetter fairings of the 70's - 80's. That's what caught my eye. Simple design that works.

Big bore UJMs like these date back to the early '90s. Most of them, like Yamaha's FJ1200 and XJR1200/1300 either died or morphed into full blown sport tourers like the FJR1300. Suzuki's 1200/1250 Bandit hung on here in the states for yrs but finally died from neglect. Kawi and Honda tried to revive the genre over the years, all with ho-hum results.

This one doesn't have enough retro vibe to interest the hipsters, or enough cojones to draw in the go-fast crowd, nor enough touring amenities to woo the touring type. UJM just don't sell like they used to.

Big bore UJMs like these date back to the early '90s. Most of them, like Yamaha's FJ1200 and XJR1200/1300 either died or morphed into full blown sport tourers like the FJR1300. Suzuki's 1200/1250 Bandit hung on here in the states for yrs but finally died from neglect. Kawi and Honda tried to revive the genre over the years, all with ho-hum results.

This one doesn't have enough retro vibe to interest the hipsters, or enough cojones to draw in the go-fast crowd, nor enough touring amenities to woo the touring type. UJM just don't sell like they used to.
Nailed it!

I had the cb 1000, and it was under powered for its weight, also in between retro and modern, my W650 was much more fun to ride.

Yes there are lots of cool bike we don't get in the US but let's face it: how many of us would actually fork the money? One good example is the CB1100. It didn't sell. This wouldn't sell either. And it's not all about weight and power either. Suzuki is dropping the VanVan for 2020. Lots of VanVans are collecting dust on the showroom floor right now. What we like in America is mostly cruisers, sport bikes, and touring bikes with a side of adventures bikes. That's it.

Honda has had some luck re-introducing small bikes like the CBR250R (CB300F, CB300R, CBR300R, Rebel 300) and the GROM (Monkey and Super Cub) but their 500 cc line isn't selling huge numbers with the exception of the Rebel 500. Then again, the Rebel is a cruiser. I am happy that Honda now offers more variety. 10-15 years ago, they pretty much only sold cruisers and CBRs. Kudos to Honda for trying something different.

Here's my personal wish list to Honda (that we won't see here):

Honda VTR250F

Honda-VTR250F-5.jpg

Honda CB400SB

0-super-four-and-super-bol-d-or-special-editions_1.jpg

VFR800X

honda-vfr800x-1024x693.png

Honda X ADV 750 (I have one but I'm pretty sure it's the only one in the US)

honda-x-adv-1.jpg

CBR250RR

2019-Honda-CBR250RR-New-1.jpg

CB125F

cb125f-1.jpg

There are many more. It all depends on the country you're in. And I didn't even list scooters.

How do you like the X ADV, doesnā€™t that have the NC 750 x engine?

How do you like the X ADV, doesnā€™t that have the NC 750 x engine?

Yes it has the NC750X engine. It's a great bike. The DCT is one of the best things about it. I bought a manual NC700X 2 years ago because I wasn't ready for the DCT. Boy, was I wrong. The DCT is truly amazing. What really makes the X ADV is its chassis. It's far superior to the NC750X. USD forks, dual front brakes, quality suspension give the X ADV its advantage. Lots of people wonder what it is and people who know what it is can't believe theirs eyes. I've got the Rizoma pegs on order. I'm pretty sure they will give the X ADV a riding position close to the NC750X. Ride it like a cruiser with your feet forward or ride it like an adventure bike with your feet below you.

I want to ride one, to see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't appeal to me in looks, but often there's more to it than that, so I'd like to try one one day.
They can be made to looked awesome.

Attachments

• D8E87835-6438-416E-B06E-F144B11E83E3.jpeg
    D8E87835-6438-416E-B06E-F144B11E83E3.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 49824B01-4E75-4548-B0B4-4F3BC3215C11.jpeg
    49824B01-4E75-4548-B0B4-4F3BC3215C11.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 158
I love the looks. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to apply the fairing treatment, and maybe a couple of styling cues, to the currently imported CB1100.

Back