• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: 2020 Katy Bike Night

85A82F13-3B78-411D-972A-506673FED707.jpeg

Last edited:
It has been a month after the last empanada was served.

🥙

2 months for me. At the vet this evening but maybe we'll have good weather next week. Tires need air anyway.

That's why attendance numbers are so dismal and meetings are few and far between the past 5 years. Because very few bother to take 15 seconds out of their lives to post up. Even if we only strived for a once a month meet, they could be epic again if only each person planned and posted about showing up.

Maybe if we do like NW Houston and change locations, we'll generate new interest and membership. Not as fun as it could be if only 2 people show up.

That's why attendance numbers are so dismal and meetings are few and far between the past 5 years. Because very few bother to take 15 seconds out of their lives to post up. Even if we only strived for a once a month meet, they could be epic again if only each person planned and posted about showing up.

Maybe if we do like NW Houston and change locations, we'll generate new interest and membership. Not as fun as it could be if only 2 people show up.

I think it is all Donnie's fault. When he attended regularly, there were big crowds!

I'm weird in that I like going to Marini's. Maybe if we go back to a rotating schedule of places to visit, it might attract others. Maybe I could show up for all the times it's at Marini's.

Wait...are you saying you go to Marini's? I don't think I've ever seen you there. :duck:

Rotating schedule seems to work for the NW contingent. They seem to have a good showing and regularly. But perhaps they also actually like each other. Maybe that's our problem.:lol2:

Not being a Katy resident, I don't know the places to go if we did rotate locations. Someone else would have to make those suggestions. We tried Torchys...too weird and expensive...and another taco place that wasn't bad but we missed Marini's eventually and it confused the people who never checked the thread, showing up at Marini's when we were somewhere else.

I'm actually good with only going once a month. Twice at the most. A little bit of a haul from Tomball though the Grand Parkway makes it a lot easier now, but the tolls really add up on top of the price of 4 pockets of fried dough and unidentifiable filling. More worth it when more folks show up but any social time I get these days is good.

I'll say I'm out tonight. I was interested but we're being poured on now and I'd want to take the mutt with me. I'll be interested for next week though.

Okay, I will pencil in good weather and good attendance for next week...

Hello fellows, I moved from Friendswood to The Westchase district few months ago. I used to attend the clear lake group but it is just impossible for me because of the distance. Where do you guys meet?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

2020 Katy Bike Night - Wednesdays @ 7 pm

Original Marini's Empanada House
3522 S Mason Rd, Katy, TX 77450
The Original Marini's Empanada House

In the strip center behind the Walgreen's on the NW corner of Mason and Westheimer.

Same place place, same people, same ol', same ol'...

New people always welcome, so if you live in the area, don't be shy. Our numbers have really decreased over the last 5 years due to things like kids, grandkids, tennis, retirement ;-)...and would be great to get them back up. We talk about anything and everything...bikes, cars, guns... that EE499013048PL covers it.:lol2:
Come on out. This coming Tuesday, there should be a handful of us there. I tend to bring a 4 legged friend with me these days so we sit on the patio when I do.

Bob you going Tuesday? Everyone else going Wednesday I think. :doh:
No wonder I never see you there.:headbang: Yeah. Wednesday.

You showing up? All your boxes should be unpacked now after 2 years.

See you then and I am all foward with empanadas.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Back